Bringing alcohol in luggage

Valeri8806

We leave on the Valor in 4 days, and I'm just wondering how much alcohol I can safely get on board. I read in another thread that these people had an ENTIRE suitcase filled with nothing but beer, and all kinds of alcohol. My luck, I would spend $100 on alcohol and have it all taken away, haha! The person with the luggage of alcohol cruised Carnival but didn't say which ship or when. Can anyone who has sailed on the Valor lately give me some input on bringing alcohol on board? DH wants to bring bottles of beer and I want to bring a few Smirnoff type drinks.

We leave on the Valor in 4 days, and I'm just wondering how much alcohol I can safely get on board. I read in another thread that these people had an ENTIRE suitcase filled with nothing but beer, and all kinds of alcohol. My luck, I would spend $100 on alcohol and have it all taken away, haha! The person with the luggage of alcohol cruised Carnival but didn't say which ship or when. Can anyone who has sailed on the Valor lately give me some input on bringing alcohol on board? DH wants to bring bottles of beer and I want to bring a few Smirnoff type drinks.

Just bring what you wish (I just brought three plastic smirnoff bottles myself last week...no issues). Anything they take away will be given back to you when you disembark Valor....but nothing will be taken away if it's in luggage...rip it up...have fun. Don't worry....Be happy!

I would strongly suggest he take cans instead of bottles. Have you seen how they handle that luggage:eek: We wrapped a case of beer in our suitcase and had a bottle of crown wrapped up also. It all arrived safely. I have seen where people take lots more, but we spend time in the bars also so we don't really need any more than that. You can carry in your carry on a bottle of wine per person if you want to. Be sure you wrap them well and put in those extra large ziplock bags for double protection. You don't want to be doing laundry the first day

Plastic liquor bottles and cans for beer, dont forget your cooler for the beer, get one that will fold into your suitcase. I

f Shmirnoff doesnt come in plastic, I know Crown Royal doesnt, then either purchase the rum runners flasks or put it in water bottles. I always wrap in plastic bags and place them between soft sections in the luggage.

Have fun!

I ordered from Bon Voyage, but I am thinking I am still going to use my rum runners also...don't want to run short - plus we can get the party moving at the hotel the night before! What they charge at Bon Voyage department, it is worth trying to smuggle in - it cost me over $40 a bottle for Captain Morgan, and they are only 1 liter bottles. I could have gotten them for a 1/4 of that from my distributer. Too bad Carnival don't stop the smuggling by being a little more realistic with their prices, I don't think it would hurt their bar sales at all, as people on a cruise still like to be waited on and get the foo foo drinks that is hard to make yourself in you cabin. I would have gladly paid $20 a bottle, and get the soda card for my mixers - but carnival just don't get it.

I will still be using the bars in the evenings...but my poolside drinks will be coming from my own stash, just to save a little money.

We took glass bottles but I put them in like 5 zip lock bags then wrapped them in a towel. My husband took beer cans and a few bottles that he has left from the hotel the night before. He put the bottles in his sneakers.

We like to take our own luggage on board, too, so that we have it right away. Is there a larger chance of us having our alcohol taken away if we have the luggage with us because they could make us open it and check what's in it, whereas if we've had the porters take it, they can't open it so are more likely to say, screw it?

We like to take our own luggage on board, too, so that we have it right away. Is there a larger chance of us having our alcohol taken away if we have the luggage with us because they could make us open it and check what's in it, whereas if we've had the porters take it, they can't open it so are more likely to say, screw it?

Do not carry on your alcohol.....it will get taken away. Check it.......

Archived