The LAFFNVEGAS LIVE From the Statendam Panama Canal Cruise

LAFFNVEGAS

Same thing happened with us, Lisa. We had to leave for the airport in FLL just days before Christmas and couldn't meet you and Tom. Good thing we did..... the lines were monstrous!

Welcome home.

Lisa,

Welcome home to you and Tom! Glad you had a good flight home without glitches, and that you were able to have lunch with your son, Andy.

Isn't it funny...we have two daughters....but if either one of them had been boys, we were going to name them Andrew.

Welcome Home!

It's been wonderful following your cruise. I'll be boarding the Statendam on Tuesday and although my trip isn't as exotic as yours, I'm certainly looking forward to a lovely five-day Pacific Coastal!

Diann

Lisa, you have such a following. Your daily reporting was something so many of us looked forward to each day. I too am glad that you are home safe and sound. Looking forward to what I am sure will be wonderful pictures of your journey. As you know from FB Guy and I had to cancel our trip to Hawaii yesterday because of a sinus infection that I have which included NO FLYING in the doctor's instructions. A real bummer.

Another thought along the lines of possible career changes have you ever thought of working as a travel (cruise) writer? Just a thought.

**(I have been allowed to come out of the corner as you can see after having a trip to the principal's office):o

Thanks so much everyone :)

Shirley glad to hear you are out of the Principals Office:D I would love to be a travel writer but doubt I could make any money doing it.

BTW I have finished uploading my pictures into Web Shots.

2071577660028362306lyXiJJ_th.jpg

click the above picture to go to the album

Thanks Everyone, I am just glad I got them done right away. I am so glad you have enjoyed them :)

Your photo album was fantastic!!!

Have you regained your land legs yet?

Thanks again for your commentary on the trip.

You are very Welcome, oddly it has been a very long time now since we have felt the need to get out land legs back. I can remember when we first started to cruise we would get the feeling of still being on the ship or when you were in the shower or laying down felt like the boat was moving. Both Tom and I have said that we no longer feel that when we return. I think it could be that our bodies have just become accustom to being at sea. Or maybe it is that we prefer it now :D

Thanks Everyone, I am just glad I got them done right away. I am so glad you have enjoyed them :)

You are very Welcome, oddly it has been a very long time now since we have felt the need to get out land legs back. I can remember when we first started to cruise we would get the feeling of still being on the ship or when you were in the shower or laying down felt like the boat was moving. Both Tom and I have said that we no longer feel that when we return. I think it could be that our bodies have just become accustom to being at sea. Or maybe it is that we prefer it now :D

Although we're relatively new to cruising, I've never felt the need to get my land legs back. Maybe because we've had a boat all of our married life (40 years), living a mile from the ocean south of Boston since that time. The past 16, owning the inn, we have to take the ferry back and forth when we go to the mainland. DH's family had a boat since he was an infant so he's really used to having sea legs!

I think it depends upon that in which we are accustomed.

Lisa, I went back to the photos and spent more time looking at them. I really loved the sunset photos! I really enjoy sunrises and sunsets here in my hometown but there is just something about the views of the sunsets from the ship! Glad you got to have a good one.

How long did it take you to go through each set of locks?

Lisa, I went back to the photos and spent more time looking at them. I really loved the sunset photos! I really enjoy sunrises and sunsets here in my hometown but there is just something about the views of the sunsets from the ship! Glad you got to have a good one.

How long did it take you to go through each set of locks?

I am glad everyone is enjoying the pics. I love taking Sunset pictures.

It was pretty much an ALL Day Thing. Per the Cruise Log we picked up the Panama Pilot at 5:43 am and disembarked the Pilot at 5:34 pm so almost 12 hours :)

• 6 months later...
Lisa,

We met on the first YUMMER cruise, and have chatted here in Las Vegas. We are taking the Statendam this year for the PC cruise, and loved reading your reports....

A million thanks!

Chris Hi :) Thanks That is great you are doing the PC on the Statendam, hope you have Captain Frans Consen for your cruise as the Captain.

Archived