seattle hotel question

my72

I have some questions about choosing a hotel in Seattle and traveling to the Amtrak station. My husband and myself will be arriving at Seatac Airport in Seattle at 10:30 on a Friday night. We would like to take the 7:40 Amtrak train to Vancouver Saturday morning. My questions are: would it be better for us to book a hotel by the airport or would it be better for us to book a hotel close to the Amtrak station? What is the best way for us to get to the Amtrak station? Is it hard to catch cabs in Seattle at the odd hours I would need to take them. Also any suggestions for hotels.

I have some questions about choosing a hotel in Seattle and traveling to the Amtrak station. My husband and myself will be arriving at Seatac Airport in Seattle at 10:30 on a Friday night. We would like to take the 7:40 Amtrak train to Vancouver Saturday morning. My questions are: would it be better for us to book a hotel by the airport or would it be better for us to book a hotel close to the Amtrak station? What is the best way for us to get to the Amtrak station? Is it hard to catch cabs in Seattle at the odd hours I would need to take them. Also any suggestions for hotels.

Someone mentioned that the Silver Cloud Stadium Hotel is only 2 blocks away from the train station. I'm also wondering about this but I don't think staying by the airport is the way to go. I'm hoping that any of the downtown hotels would be ok for getting a quick taxi to the early morning train. Anyone know if it would be a traffic nightmare??

You won't have any trouble getting the hotel to obtain a cab for you in the morning. If you're especially nervous about it, have the concierge/desk person book one for you the night before. I have never been "passed over" for a cab in the early morning, and I depend on them frequently for oh-dark-thirty departures to the airport.

The Silver Cloud is fairly close to the station; the Arctic Club Hotel (now rebranded the Doubletree Arctic Club - a Hilton property) is physically closer; but none of the downtown hotels are more than a 5-10 min. cab ride from the station at that hour.

Archived