Hello,

I was hoping for some opinions. The cost difference between a C2

and an AC is 400$ for 2 on the May 2010 Med cruise. I know there

are perks like Blu, etc... for AC but do any of you feel strongly

for or against the extras. Are the robes the same? just trying to

get a feel from those who have actually experienced the 2 types

of cabins... thanks for any input,

Cherylterr

i was in AQ in Jan and loved it. I am a spa person and enjoyed using the warm tile beds daily. I lvoed getting free bottle water and ice tea in my room. I drink water all day long and it was good to always have some.

the robes and towels are wonderful. I found the large bath towel to heavy for my long hair and got one normal one which was easier to towel my hair.

not sure of the robes

thanks for your input... every bit of info I can collect helps.

The shower is a multi jet versian in the Aqua Class but a normal one in Concierge. You also get unlimited access to the Relaxation Room and the Persian Gardens in the AquaSpa with the Aqua Class Cabin. In addition there are also health/wellness programs available on the TV that aren't available in the other cabins.

For us, the amenities in Aqua Class were great, and the food in Blu was outstanding; the service and atmosphere were the BEST! Our server, Fehzi and his assistant, Musfiin were wonderful, and the days that we had breakfast there, everyone was very friendly and charming. LOVED IT!!!!

thanks for your input... every bit of info I can collect helps.

Are you traveling with others not staying in AQ? I recently cruised in AQ and enjoyed the experience especially the Blu dining. Our next cruise is with a large group therefore we have chosen CC, so that we can dine together. If my wife and I were cruising by ourselves or with a small group that was interested, we would chose the AQ for the price differences that you mentioned. Depending on the cruise, the difference in price could be much less. For our next cruise the price different is around $40 PP. I initially cruised in AQ because it was a no charge upgrade from a CC gty. on a special deal. The shower, bottled water, ice tea, etc. is really nice, but the Blu dining would be the main reason for us. I felt like I was dining on a smaller ship. Very relaxing. More of an upscale experience.

Perhaps you should keep an eye of the price and see if the gap closes. But if Blu dining does not mean much to you then I would recommend that you not cruise in AQ.

Happy cruising. You will most likely really like the ship.

thanks for all the comments. It's only my husband and I on this cruise.

I think Blu is helping us decide for Aquaclass because we like the idea of

a smaller, more intimate dining experience. I will be on the watch to see if

I can get a better deal between now and our May 2010 sailing to get

the price down a bit.

thanks again!

I just checked our cruise (20 Nov 09 E. Med) to see the difference. It is $200/pp difference between AC and C2. We selected C2 because we are traveling with friends who have convinced themselves to move from Inside to a Veranda for this cruise (and we are doing B2B TA), and we didn't want to press them more! We may try AC next S-Class cruise. We keep nibbling up the cabin classes, but AC sounds like a lot of fun, especially the Blu and the ability to go to the MDR and give it a go. We'll try to get into Blu on this cruise to check it out.

We've had two price drops since we initially booked over 6 months ago, but I forget what the price difference was at first - but it is $400 for 2 right now and it's dropped close to 1/3 of the original C2 price.

Also did a quick check of an earlier E Med cruise (Aug 09) and the price difference was $400 AC - C2. So that may be the fixed difference.

There is always a big discussion between should we book early and get the specific cabin we want or wait and maybe get a better price. We are getting price decreases but they haven't seen the 'New Bookings Only' ones yet.

The 15 May 09 E Med cruise has no AC avail, but the later ones do.

Denny

thanks for all the comments. It's only my husband and I on this cruise.

I think Blu is helping us decide for Aquaclass because we like the idea of

a smaller, more intimate dining experience. I will be on the watch to see if

I can get a better deal between now and our May 2010 sailing to get

the price down a bit.

thanks again!

Hi Cheryl -

My husband and I had the same debate. We sail on Solstice in about 10 days, and decided to go with Concierge Class instead of AQ because it was (and still remains) about a $250 pp price difference.

We used the money we saved to make reservations in each of the specialty restaurants (we love our good food!!!) and to buy an extra little specialty package (champagne, etc.) for our honeymoon. To me, the big draw of AQ is Blu...like you, we like the smaller dining experience. We are hoping to try it out once or twice later in the week when maybe some of the AQ diners are eating in other restaurants.

I'll let you know what I think of C2 when we get back...

thanks GDR1109 and Denny,

Looks like you will both be sailing before us so hopefully you can give

some feedback on the dining experience both in MDR and BLU (if you choose to go there one night).

the prices seem to flucuate for our May 2010 date... at one point we were

400$ difference, now it's 260$, with the CC increasing it's price.

I am going to keep a close watch in case AC drops... I think it's worth

holding on to the AC cabin as I think they could sell out in the months

ahead. But I'm ever watchful for a good deal.

Anyway, hope all have a wonderful cruise and will watch to see what

you think of the dining places. It sounds like your dining thoughts and ours

are very similar.

bye

Archived