Small Dogs On Board Why Not?

I always wanted to know if there was a way that when we would book a suite that we can have our small puppies with us? I have a small dog which I would love to take on my cruise or my two cats with us, they can stay in the bathrooms, there, for our special guests. Afterall we have no wheres to bring our other buddies.

I can not understand why RCCL does not have a place to keep our happy pets at. Maybe a room with some grass to have our doggies do their business and our kitties can have their litter boxes in the rooms with a cover and a lid?

I think that should be the next thing to do, help us so we can still enjoy our vacations and our pets just the same.

RED:D

I always wanted to know if there was a way that when we would book a suite that we can have our small puppies with us? I have a small dog which I would love to take on my cruise or my two cats with us, they can stay in the bathrooms, there, for our special guests. Afterall we have no wheres to bring our other buddies.Maybe have a place where we can keep our dogs where other doggies can play too, to keep them active as well? I think that they need to have the future ships with a place for our furry friends

I can not understand why RCCL does not have a place to keep our happy pets at. Maybe a room with some grass to have our doggies do their business and our kitties can have their litter boxes in the rooms with a cover and a lid?

I think that should be the next thing to do, help us so we can still enjoy our vacations and our pets just the same.

Oh, please! Even children can be left with a "sitter" and it doesn't hurt them. Same with your pets. They don't mind it near as much as you do!

I can just see cabins having to be "de-flea-ed" after pets--and cats that "spray"---c'mon!

Oh, please! Even children can be left with a "sitter" and it doesn't hurt them. Same with your pets. They don't mind it near as much as you do!

I can just see cabins having to be "de-flea-ed" after pets--and cats that "spray"---c'mon!

Agreed! As much as I love animals, this would be nothing but trouble. Also, what about people with allergies?

Wait - what are your special guests going to do with the cats in the bathroom?

All kidding aside' date=' I assume the prohibition on bringing pets (NOT service animals) comes from the CDC.[/quote']

Thank goodness for the CDC regs......;)

A service animal can be taken on a cruise. If you need a dog because of blindness or other issues he can go. It's impossible to imagine a cat as a service animal. :p

Do you think other passengers would be as excited about having lots of dogs and cats on board? :rolleyes:

It's not April Fool's Day, so you must be serious.

This has been discussed many times on these boards. It's not allowed on any cruiseline for some very good reasons. I can't see it ever being allowed.

Can't you live without your pet for a week? Animals do not have a sense of time; they have no idea how long you are gone.

As much as I love my dogs (and they are little), I would not want them to ever allow animals. Just because one person takes care of their pets doesn't mean other people wouldn't just let them pee and poop anywhere. I think it would make it disgusting! I hate when I stay in hotel rooms where pets have been allowed - you can always smell certain smells that just don't belong (aside from the people smells).

My dogs are fine at the kennel and I miss them like crazy but look forward to picking them up!!!

1) There are sanitary regulations with which the lines must comply that prohibit it.

2) There are international regulations that limit the transportation of animals between countries. Even though the animals would not be allowed off the ship, one might run off

3) Other pax may be allergic

4) Liablity issues if an animal bit or scratched another pax/crew

5) Liability issues if an animal caused an accident

6) Liability issues if an animal were to be hurt or killed while on-board

7) Practical issues regarding feeding and other care of the animal

8) Providing for emergency care

I always wanted to know if there was a way that when we would book a suite that we can have our small puppies with us? I have a small dog which I would love to take on my cruise or my two cats with us, they can stay in the bathrooms, there, for our special guests. Afterall we have no wheres to bring our other buddies.Maybe have a place where we can keep our dogs where other doggies can play too, to keep them active as well? I think that they need to have the future ships with a place for our furry friends

Place for animals on vacation are your local kennel or have friends come sit your pets. I can't evey imagine high volume hotels/ships allowing everyone to bring their pets. THe behavior problems of people can be bad enough even when they can post and expect them to comprehend "rules" ;) Imagine a bunch of dogs/cats, sorry no business will go that route.

You may enjoy your pets and think nothing of sharing your vacation or the tight confines of a small suite/cabin. But many others may will not enjoy sharing the close confines of a ship with dogs / cats of all sorts and disposition. Also I'm sure many future users of your room won't appreciate the previous presence of your dog, cat, or whatever other pet no matter how clean and well behaved they might have been.

BTW I have dogs, cats, chickens almost a farm in my house and yard :eek:

A service animal can be taken on a cruise. If you need a dog because of blindness or other issues he can go. It's impossible to imagine a cat as a service animal. :p

Do you think other passengers would be as excited about having lots of dogs and cats on board? :rolleyes:

I would! I'm an animal lover!

I love to take my 50lb Dalmatian with us on road trips. We stay in pet friendly hotels, and I guarantee you they have never had to de-flea the room when we are gone.

But that said when you do use the pet friendly hotels they tell you not to leave the pet unattended, that means she goes with us everywhere, and we have to plan our meals and visits around her.

Leaving the pet in the cabin while you are by the pool, in port, or at dinner is not fair to the pet. And Im sure there is no way to take the pet into any port for health reasons ( the pets not the people).

Can you imagine someone coming into any of the food areas with a little dog in a purse!! The health & safety board would close the ship down.

The pets on board is a really bad idea. Sometimes we have to take a vacation from them too.

I always wanted to know if there was a way that when we would book a suite that we can have our small puppies with us? I have a small dog which I would love to take on my cruise or my two cats with us, they can stay in the bathrooms, there, for our special guests. Afterall we have no wheres to bring our other buddies.

YUCK -- where would they use the bathroom???!!! could you imagine stepping in that 'crap' while on vacation? GROSS!

Wait - what are your special guests going to do with the cats in the bathroom?

All kidding aside' date=' I assume the prohibition on bringing pets (NOT service animals) comes from the CDC.[/quote']It's a policy, not a regulation. QE2 even has a kennel.

1) There are sanitary regulations with which the lines must comply that prohibit it.

2) There are international regulations that limit the transportation of animals between countries. Even though the animals would not be allowed off the ship, one might run off

So you are saying that if these minor issues could be worked out that the cruise line would likely allow pets? :D;)

Funniest post I've read in a while! Thank you!! :D:p:D

Much of the same could be said for children. ;)

Archived