~Cruise Critic Group Cruise To Alaska ~ Amsterdam May 2010~

LEtue

Linda, I'm ready to go now! I think all the activities sound like a blast, especially the slot pull and the trivia. The lazy days at sea during this cruise will be fabulous.

Can't wait to get the date officially confirmed and then will work on possible hotel deals. For those of you who have not done it before, many hotels are now offering a drastically reduced pay-in-advance rate. I booked the Waldorf Astoria in NYC at $168, when the least expensive room rate was at least $400 by paying in advance! Now I have the pleasure of knowing my cruise is almost paid for, my airfare was on FF miles, and the hotel is already paid. It sure is nice. I hope to find some deals like that for us in Seattle. Just waiting on pricing!

Yes, I forgot to mention the prepay option! Over the next year I think there should be some great deals out there and most hotels would love to get a group ;)

Hi !

I have been looking into this cruise too. I prefer May 17th because it is a little cheaper, but it would be fun to be with this group on the 31st ! :)

I am also hoping prices will drop before the cruise, but it looks like it might be very popular so I won't expect it to drop.

It is a fantastic itineraray!

Sean, hope you join us! You just never know how a cruise will sell, and the longer ones typically are a little slower to fill up. We'll just have to wait and see. Maybe the upgrade fairy will visit some of us????

Hi !

I have been looking into this cruise too. I prefer May 17th because it is a little cheaper, but it would be fun to be with this group on the 31st ! :)

I am also hoping prices will drop before the cruise, but it looks like it might be very popular so I won't expect it to drop.

It is a fantastic itineraray!

Sean, I hope you decide to join us too! :D

Hard to say what the rates will do over the next year but I switched from the Golden Princess to the Oosterdam in March of 2007 to take advantage of the deals advertised on HAL ;) So, I guess we won't know for some time how 2010 will be for the cruise industry....

My SIL and I are anxiously watching this thread. I can't believe that I am actually considering postponing a trip to Paris based on prices, etc. But you can add us to your list of possibilities.

My SIL and I are anxiously watching this thread. I can't believe that I am actually considering postponing a trip to Paris based on prices, etc. But you can add us to your list of possibilities.

Awesome! We would love to have you and in exchange you can take me to Paris with you in the future :D

Linda (LEtue) and Margie(hmstins)

Sillyjilly

Marian (BldLvr) & DH

Joanne (JoKen1)

Snook

Laurie (lstrong)

Mash1 & DH

pspercy & DW

ncgolfette &DH

cruisinbanjo & Mrs Banjo

farkle& DH

TravelinGrandma & DH

Chelly

LVSue & SIL

Well, I'll be leaving Monday morning for Alaska. I'll check in when I return.

My friend and her DH are interested in this too. We'll all be sailing together next week. Hopefully we'll all be able to sail together again on this cruise.

Happy Cruising Everyone!:D

Well, I'll be leaving Monday morning for Alaska. I'll check in when I return.

My friend and her DH are interested in this too. We'll all be sailing together next week. Hopefully we'll all be able to sail together again on this cruise.

Happy Cruising Everyone!:D

Wow, have a great cruise!!! I wish I was getting ready to go :D

Just a quick update...

I found 2 other groups on the Carnival Boards that are also waiting for pricing. So, we are more than likely 3rd in line and may have to hang on for a little while. Hopefully, we will hear something this week :D

Patience is such a struggle for me :rolleyes:

You can add my name to the list as we are planning on taking an Alaska cruise in 2010. Originally was looking at a NB plus 5 days inland but this will offest the OW air from Anc to MSY.

Thanks Rick

You can add my name to the list as we are planning on taking an Alaska cruise in 2010. Originally was looking at a NB plus 5 days inland but this will offest the OW air from Anc to MSY.

Thanks Rick

Rick, welcome! Margie and I feel the same way about this itinerary. We have been wanting to visit Homer and Kodiak so this cruise offered us the chance to do that. Plus airfare to SEA is reasonable!

Here is the updated list. If I forgot anyone let me know!

Linda (LEtue) and Margie(hmstins)

Sillyjilly

Marian (BldLvr) & DH

Joanne (JoKen1)

Snook

Laurie (lstrong)

Mash1 & DH

pspercy & DW

ncgolfette &DH

cruisinbanjo & Mrs Banjo

farkle& DH

TravelinGrandma & DH

Chelly

LVSue & SIL

Rick (wdowns9)

So, I was doing a little research this morning on Seattle Hotels in the Pikes Market area and based the descriptions from a bidding site I have used in the past I found the following on Hotwire:

Sheraton 4* for $88

Crowne Plaza 3 1/2* for $86.

This is for May 30 - June 1, 2009 which would be Memorial Day weekend dates - the same as we need next year. Margie and I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza and it was very nice. I have heard great things about the Sheraton too and it is a 4 star property!

Based on this we can still do a group booking somewhere and anyone that want so change later could do so. We won't come close to these prices for the group.....

One question, who actually handles the bookings, chases fare reductions etc ? Or do we do our own, quoting "Groupxxx rate" or what ?

Thanks

Laura the Cruise Critic Community Manager handles the quote and she will send the details to me once she has them. Then we will be an "official" group. At that point you will see the cruise fares and anything else the cruise line is offering for those that book.

As far as future fare reductions I will be watching closely. The TA should also be monitoring this for us too. Of course, everyone can help watch ;)

Once I know the TA you can talk to her and get any questions you have answered :)

Laura the Cruise Critic Community Manager handles the quote and she will send the details to me once she has them. Then we will be an "official" group. At that point you will see the cruise fares and anything else the cruise line is offering for those that book.

As far as future fare reductions I will be watching closely. The TA should also be monitoring this for us too. Of course, everyone can help watch ;)

Once I know the TA you can talk to her and get any questions you have answered :)

I have my fingers crossed that there will be actual price reduction over what we would pay if we were not a group. I hope it is not just "value" things like special parties or shipboard credits because those are things you can get or arranged from the cruise line whether you are a group or not a group.

This a fantastic cruise, but the prices I am seeing so far indicate a high per day rate over other 14 day Alaska cruises. I truly hope there will be some reasonable prices at some point because I would love to do this cruise!

. . Once I know the TA you can talk to her and get any questions you have answered :)

OK. So CC hands off to a TA of their choice, that's fine, can any other TA (one local to me, for example) book into the group or must it just be the one designated/chosen by CC ?

Like Tinknock50, I hope the rate itself comes down rather than OBC etc:)

OK. So CC hands off to a TA of their choice, that's fine, can any other TA (one local to me, for example) book into the group or must it just be the one designated/chosen by CC ?

:)

No, your local TA cannot book into the group. If you want to join us you would have to use the Group TA.

I hope we see some price reductions too but I'm not going to count on it. ;)

I hope we hear something soon. Hubby and I are looking to book a B cabin. Have been in touch with two TA's and have gotten some discounted prices including reduced deposit. Am sitting on the edge of my seat to see what the group rates will be.

Archived