Enough lifeboats on the pearl?

karen327

There's enought lifeboats for everyone per international law. You probably didn't notice them but all along the outside decks are these big plastic drum looking things. They are actually inflatable life rafts which can probably hold about twenty people. I believe we were told when I was in the navy that if they're not deployed manually, they're designed to break away from the ship when it reaches a certain depth and deploy autmatically on the surface. So if the ship ever sunk there would be several dozen of these on the surface. Something else to think about too, if you have to, never jump overboard with your lifevest on, unless you want a broken neck, hold it and put it on once you're in the water. They teach that in the navy, but have never heard it mentioned on a cruise.

I think the biggest broken neck danger is from people wearing them and walking down stairs during the muster drill. Despite repeated announcements to carry them until you got to the muster station, our family had the over/under at 50 people wearing them and the passeners of the Jade shattered that number!

You're right! I forgot to write that part - DUH! Helps to keep your legs from breaking and "opens" the water like a divers hands.

AH, I think it was for another reason to keep your legs together. To protect what is between the legs. ( I was learned that in the Navy)

Archived