Who has sailed Millenium ???

RCCruisin

Hi RC

You will love Millie, as she is affectionately called. We loved her. You will see a difference in the size, she's bigger than Century. We also loved Century. She is our favorite of that class.

Millie has a lot of things you'll like. The bar at the back of the ship, the teak deck. the free thassopool, the food station at the back of the Cafe, pasta stations, etc. There are many things you'll find that are different, but not that many more passengers.

Just enjoy your cruise. You can't go wrong with this ship. We've since sailed Summit and actually like it more than Millie. Didn't think you could beat that.

Dolphin - 1990

Horizon - 1994, 1995, 1995

Century - 1997, 2000, 2001

Galaxy - 1998

Zenith - 1992, 1999, 2002

Millennium - 2003

Summit 2004

Summit 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;3;11;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Countdown to Summit 2005

Chris,

The Millie is a great ship! Her specialty restaurant is excellent. We were on her in November. If you go to the Cruise Reviews, I have my review posted there. There is also another review by a fellow CC from our same cruise.

You will definitely enjoy the Millie!

Anita

And now Infinity 2005!

Millennium 2003

Century 2002

Summit 2001

Century 2000

Zenith 1996

Horizon 1994

Horizon 1993

Sunward 1992

Star Princess 1990

Maxim Gorky 1974 & 1975

Hi Chris,

When in Jan'05? We are sailing 1/9/05.

Timm

Celebrity Century 2/02

Carnival Spirit 1/03

Celebrity Century 11/03

Celebrity Millennium 1/05

I have to agree with everything that has been said. I LOVED the T pool. Went every day. And there is a little snack bar there, sort of tucked away, that serves healthy food. I would have a snack there (of course it was at least my fourth meal!) and convince myself I was being a good girl!

Even though this is a large ship you never feel crowded. There are many places to have a quiet read and even be alone.

I suspect you'll fall in love with the Millennium-class ships. You're talking roughly a 4% increase in capacity compared to Mercury, but about 12% more public space. I think they "feel" more spacious and less crowded, with more venues to choose among. And I think they are designed a little better while retaining the elegance of public spaces.

Be sure to give yourself time to REALLY explore the ship. There are alot of nooks and crannies and surprises tucked away. The sports bar, the floral shop, "Notes", the library, the spa cafe.

One aspect of the ship I really enjoyed was the artwork...so eclectic and interesting.

It's a wonderful ship. I agree with all of the above. My fave thing is the alternate dining room. Thalosso pool was nice, too. The other dining room, the main one (Metropolitan) is beautiful. Spectacular, really.

the cons:

The main pool seemed a little small to me, compared to Princess. Also, we noticed a lot of vibration on this ship. Vibration with noise, especially in the dining room...and this was not when we were leaving port. We were far out at sea. It was not every night though, thankfully. Happened twice on a 7 day.

I am totally convinced now I have made the right choice. Thanks everybody and please keep telling me more.

Timm - We are crusing together 1-9-05 icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif See the Roll Call I started on the Celebrity roll calls and join me.

Lois - Come on and join us. It will be great!!!

Chris

OUr 1st cruise 4 yrs ago was on the Mercury and we had a great time and thought the ship was a 10. 2 yrs ago we went on the Millie and again enjoyed the ship, the food, the staff another 10. The Olympic is a must, well worth it. Also the Thylassotherapy pool are was very enjoyable.

This year we branched out and went on the Radiance of the Seas. The ship is beautiful, the staff was good and the food although not quite as good as Celebrity was still an 8. We have such fond memories of our Mille cruise I know you will too.

Have also been on Millie and Mercury. Loved both but Millie more just because of more choices. Millie has a great sports bar on the top deck, all the other "M" class ships have the conservatory there instead. The "Olympic" is wonderful, Michael's club was our favorite. The service was great on both! You'll love it! icon_biggrin.gif

I have sailed Millie, Century and Zenith.. I love them all, I would sail the M class ships more often if their schedule fit mine a little better. As for now for me it will have to be Century and possibly the Horizon since she is now going out of Norfolk. I agree with what everyone else here has said. The millenium is a beautiful ship with lots of space. I tend to like them a little smaller but would give it another try in a heartbeat.

Toni

Archived