Spirit AB corner vs AC for snorers

soazlaney

My parents snore. I am telling you this because I am trying to decide between a AB corner suite or a AC suite on the Spirit for them. They sleep in different rooms at home. On the cruise I am sure that one of them will get up and sleep somewhere else. SO --- which is better? the sofa in the AB or in the AC? It is very important to me that they are comfortable and if I just ask them they will say that either will do. They have never had a suite. We will be taking a connecting balcony. By the way they are paying for themselves. I wish I could treat but - I'm doing the planning and want this to be special and fun. Thanks for any insight or experiences.

My parents snore. I am telling you this because I am trying to decide between a AB corner suite or a AC suite on the Spirit for them. They sleep in different rooms at home. On the cruise I am sure that one of them will get up and sleep somewhere else. SO --- which is better? the sofa in the AB or in the AC? It is very important to me that they are comfortable and if I just ask them they will say that either will do. They have never had a suite. We will be taking a connecting balcony. By the way they are paying for themselves. I wish I could treat but - I'm doing the planning and want this to be special and fun. Thanks for any insight or experiences.

I've stayed in the Spirit corner AB twice. The couch lets out into a bed and the bedroom is separated by a wooden door. One of them can sleep on the (uncomfortable) sleeper sofa and the other can sleep in the bedroom. The person on the sleeper sofa even has a separate half-bathroom in the suite so he/she doesn't disturb the other for bathroom needs in the night.

I've never been in an AC so I can't help you there!

Sea Hound:D

Thanks Sea Hound. The door and 1/2 bath sound good. It sounds like the OS on the Star. We were in that in 08 (great upsell). Maybe they could take turns on the sofa LOL

Anyone in an AC?????

We were recently in an AC on the Spirit. Our daughter slept on the couch, and I tried it out a bit. It's not the most comfortable bed in the world, but it's not horrible. Typical sofa bed, I suppose. Probably no difference between this and the AB, at least on the sofa issue.

The biggest difference is the AC does NOT have the extra 1/2 bath that the AB has. AC's still have the sliding wood/mirror door between the living/dining room and the bed/bathroom area, so would still provide the privacy needed re: the snoring issue!

Best of luck!

Thank you very much ImPeaches. It sounds like no matter which we choose it will be O.K.

You are most welcome.

You guys will have a great time. The Spirit is a lovely ship. And how nice of you to do all of the planning for them!!

Hopefully, you can obtain some of the suite perks along with your parents. I think it really depends upon their specific Butler and Concierge, but it would definitely be a plus if it's possible. . . . .:)

SeaHound, can you tell me which corner AB you were in on the Spirit? After reading this thread last night I got a bit nervous about the extra "room" and had my mom (she's the family negotiator) call NCL and was told there was only one bathroom in our suite. (We are booked in 10502.) Anything you could share would be greatly appreciated!

SeaHound, can you tell me which corner AB you were in on the Spirit? After reading this thread last night I got a bit nervous about the extra "room" and had my mom (she's the family negotiator) call NCL and was told there was only one bathroom in our suite. (We are booked in 10502.) Anything you could share would be greatly appreciated!

10502 has one and 1/2 baths. The half bath is just a toilet and a sink.

I was in 10002 both times. It is the starboard front corner suite. The other bath is a half bath with only a commode and sink. It is just inside the cabin door on the left.

Sea Hound:D

Archived