The Story of our trip to Rio, Iguazu and the Antartic with the MV FRAM, Feb. 09

caramelo

Thankyou all for your nice comments and I´m glad you enjoyed the review.

Kaliterri...... we organised the precruise ourselves...... booked the flights directly over the internet, and then we used 2 local companies for all the rest.

One was ISANGO, we did the Rio hotel and excursion package with them, and the helicopter trips, the dinner show at Foz de Iguazu with the music and dance from Brazil, Argentina & Paraguay, plus the Paraguay shopping tour. I would certainly recommend them, and I am sure I will also use them myself again in the future and they operate in most countries in the world.

Their web site is:

http://www.isango.com/

and the second company we used was:

http://www.defrantur.com/ingles/

Also I would recommend them. We had some transfers with them from the airport in Iguazu to the hotel in Foz, then the transfer from Foz, Iguazu on the Brazilian side to the hotel in Iguazu, Argentina, pasing by the Triple Frontier, plus the city tour in Buenos Aires, the Carlos Gardel Tango show, the Opera Pampa show, etc.

We also booked directly ourselves the hotels in Foz and the Sheraton in Iguazu over the internet.

Janis: Very sorry to hear that you were laid off. It´s difficult times everywhere. I´m originally Irish but have lived for 25 years now in Spain, in southern Spain, Malaga, Andalucia......I live in a town called Estepona and I work in Marbella.

Thanks Alter Ego, I´m really glad you enjoyed it so much. We are lucky as we have a few nice future trips planned......... we are going to South Africa in August, not for a cruise, but for some Saffari experience, I night in the Kruger Park and other nights in a Private Game Reserve, with excursions also to the wine areas, and even to see more penguins!!!

And the next cruise will be February 2010 with the Diamond Princess to New Zealand and Australia, with some pre-cruise plans (also we will organise them ourselves) to the Great Barrier Reef and the Ayer´s Rock......

But I will have to save a lot.......... we only started to travel since 3 or 4 years ago but are loving it, so are living the present and enjoying it as long as we can afford it and can keep the feet on the ground....... it´s madness but great fun. ;)

Caramelo, thanks for a wonderful report and pictures. You brought back so many memories for me since I visited some of the places you mentioned. We did not do Antarctica per se but it's on my bucket list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Caramelo, thanks for sharing your trip report. Your photos are wonderful. Ever since I went to the Galapagos Islands last year I've been intrigued about going to Antartica. I enjoyed your trip report.

And the next cruise will be February 2010 with the Diamond Princess to New Zealand and Australia, with some pre-cruise plans (also we will organise them ourselves) to the Great Barrier Reef and the Ayer´s Rock......

But I will have to save a lot.......... we only started to travel since 3 or 4 years ago but are loving it, so are living the present and enjoying it as long as we can afford it and can keep the feet on the ground....... it´s madness but great fun. ;)

If you have any questions in relation to your next pre-cruise plans, post them under Ports of Call - Australia and New Zealand, where we'll be happy to assist.

Archived