Captain's Club news - new pre-paid drink packages (two threads merged)

omarchs

Hi everyone,

did anyone notice the item in the latest Captain's Club newsletter detailing new beverage packages that can be bought online starting in late 2009?

Unlimited bottled water, unlimited fountain soda, UNLIMITED bottled beer, UNLIMITED frozen drinks and assorted wine and mixed drink packages.

Will be very interested to see pricing/daily limitations? on these new ones and whether the bartenders will want to serve you since many don't want to be bothered with the present soda cards purchased on the ships.

We may actually see a cruise that you can truly price beforehand with prepaid gratuities and prepaid drinks. Almost in the land of all inclusive?

Hi everyone,

did anyone notice the item in the latest Captain's Club newsletter detailing new beverage packages that can be bought online starting in late 2009?

Unlimited bottled water, unlimited fountain soda, UNLIMITED bottled beer, UNLIMITED frozen drinks and assorted wine and mixed drink packages.

Will be very interested to see pricing/daily limitations? on these new ones and whether the bartenders will want to serve you since many don't want to be bothered with the present soda cards purchased on the ships.

We may actually see a cruise that you can truly price beforehand with prepaid gratuities and prepaid drinks. Almost in the land of all inclusive?

I was just reading the newsletter online and did not find this info. Where did you read this??

Laura

It's on page 9...2nd column. Will be interesting to see the prices for the pre-paid beverage packages. I assume we will still be able to bring soda (pop) and wine on board as is permitted now.

If Celebrity prices these packages correctly they can make $$ and also make it not worthwhile (not worth the hassle) to bring your own stuff of board. They can sell MANY packages if priced right and would make more $$ than pricing too high and only a few purchasing it. It's all about VOLUME! THis is a real opportunity for a WIN-WIN for Celebrity.:D

It's on page 9...2nd column. Will be interesting to see the prices for the pre-paid beverage packages. I assume we will still be able to bring soda (pop) and wine on board as is permitted now.

If Celebrity prices these packages correctly they can make $$ and also make it not worthwhile (not worth the hassle) to bring your own stuff of board. They can sell MANY packages if priced right and would make more $$ than pricing too high and only a few purchasing it. It's all about VOLUME! THis is a real opportunity for a WIN-WIN for Celebrity.:D

Years ago Celebrity use to offer bottled water packages. It was great. The last few times we have brought on our own water rather than pay the $4 per bottle charge. I really hope they bring it back.

as far as water is Concerned. After traveling all over the USA in Drum corps years back I can tell you the water Celebrity serves free of charge tastes way better then any or most that I have had. Bottle water is awful for the environment!

as far as water is Concerned. After traveling all over the USA in Drum corps years back I can tell you the water Celebrity serves free of charge tastes way better then any or most that I have had. Bottle water is awful for the environment!

The problem is the salt/sodium in the water from their purification and softening process. Also, while it tastes fine over 90% of the time we have been on one cruise where for some reason they had to add something to the water that gave it a chlorine or medicine sort of taste - it was terrible. Also noticed this to a lesser extent on our last cruise for one day - might have had to do with water supply at port or maintenance of their system.

I'll be anxious to see what the options are and if it applies to large bottles for stateroom supply or just bottled water served a small bottle at a time at bars or dining areas.

I actually haven't noticed much sodium in their onboard water, and I have a fairly low tolerance for the stuff. Maybe it is just different cruises. Like toronto, I favour the supplied water where it is properly controlled (i.e. sanitisation), and it often has better controls on it than the bottled water.

Hi everyone,

Are these unlimited prices in seperate packages, like one for sodas, one for wine etc. or do you have everything in one big package?

Do they have a prepaid Martini Bar Package?????????

You should go on the Celebrity Xpedition to the Galapagos.An open bar 24/7 is included in the cruise price,martinis,margaritas,caipahrinas,brandy,cordials,specialty coffees all included.

I'm sure they lost money on me.

After a while I saw animals Darwin never dreamed of.

You should go on the Celebrity Xpedition to the Galapagos.An open bar 24/7 is included in the cruise price,martinis,margaritas,caipahrinas,brandy,cordials,specialty coffees all included.

I'm sure they lost money on me.

After a while I saw animals Darwin never dreamed of.

I didn't know Xpedition was all-inclusive....that sounds wonderful! Jini

I didn't know Xpedition was all-inclusive....that sounds wonderful! Jini

Not only drinks ,but all excursions,and there is a no tipping policy.

The only thing you pay for is gift shop items.

We received a CC newsletter in the mail yesterday with this information.

Mary Lou

Hi, Mary Lou......

Can you elaborate a little more on what was said? I didn't receive a newsletter. Thanks, Jini

Hi, Mary Lou......

Can you elaborate a little more on what was said? I didn't receive a newsletter. Thanks, Jini

After an intense day of home remodeling and a nice bottle of Pinto Noir with dinner, here goes, (paraphrased):

Pre Purchase Beverage Packages

Late 2009 you can go on line and choose different prepaid beverage packages, including

unlimited bottled water, fountain sodas, bottle beer and frozen drinks. Also included assorted wine and mixed-drink packages.

No prices or brands for any of the packages. I get the impression that each package would be a separate purchase. Does not mention if a package is for the stateroom or an individual purchase. Since I tend to wine or martinis and my DH drinks beer (and martinis) on Caribbean Cruises not sure how this would fit into our plans without more specific info.

Mary Lou

Not only drinks ,but all excursions,and there is a no tipping policy.

The only thing you pay for is gift shop items.

One other thing is you pay for laundry. But then thats it, everything else is include. It is a fantisic cruise. We LOVED it.

Laura

...Bottle water is awful for the environment!
:confused: :confused: :confused:

I assume you are talking about the beverage container (water or other contents) if it is not recycled.

Being from the part of the country where "acid rain" was a big issue a while back, I didn't know Mother Nature was playing more tricks on us with "water."

One other thing is you pay for laundry. But then that's it, everything else is included. It is a fantastic cruise. We LOVED it.

Laura

I guess I forgot,having gone on the Nudist Week Cruise,we packed very light.

Glad you had a great time too.

After an intense day of home remodeling and a nice bottle of Pinto Noir with dinner, here goes, (paraphrased):

Pre Purchase Beverage Packages

Late 2009 you can go on line and choose different prepaid beverage packages, including

unlimited bottled water, fountain sodas, bottle beer and frozen drinks. Also included assorted wine and mixed-drink packages.

No prices or brands for any of the packages. I get the impression that each package would be a separate purchase. Does not mention if a package is for the stateroom or an individual purchase. Since I tend to wine or martinis and my DH drinks beer (and martinis) on Caribbean Cruises not sure how this would fit into our plans without more specific info.

Mary Lou

Oh, I wish.hope that wine pkg would be available for this June when we sail. Maybe Celebrity will push it up?

Carole

Archived