Captain's Club news - new pre-paid drink packages (two threads merged)

omarchs

Janine, I am game:):D:)...when do you want to go?

Sometime in 2010?....that is always a possibility...after all,

its already May 2009;)

Seriously....

We have 3 booked on RCI through November of this year (we're getting to Diamond with Crown & Anchor), but I've been looking at some of the 4 or 5 nighters for January or February. Do you have anything in mind?

You should go on the Celebrity Xpedition to the Galapagos.An open bar 24/7 is included in the cruise price,martinis,margaritas,caipahrinas,brandy,cordials,specialty coffees all included.

I'm sure they lost money on me.

After a while I saw animals Darwin never dreamed of.

Now THAT is funny!!!!!!!!!! I've been there (seeing the animals, that is).

Now THAT is funny!!!!!!!!!! I've been there (seeing the animals, that is).

And those were the ones on the bed. Sounds like a great cruise.

As they say " I don't care what thinkle peep, the drunker I stand here the longer I get"

I think the idea is a good one but perhaps different sizes would be a better idea like 2 drinks a day or 4 drinks a day. As if it turned out to be a package of over 250 USD then I bet many wouldn't buy it simply because they don't drink that much.

Over and above I think it will be imperative that the line makes both parties buy the package other wise we will have the one buy and the other drink along which will once again force the lines hand.

The European lines have these sort of packages in place and have sucessfully sold them and used the over years.

As they say " I don't care what thinkle peep, the drunker I stand here the longer I get"

:D:D

Hee, that makes me think of a line in my favorite "I love Lucy" episode, "Do you pop out at parties? Are you unpoopular?"

I love the idea of this drink card. It's so hard to budget for drinks because I don't know how much they cost or how many I'll drink.

Guessing that the beer thing at least will be draught only - maybe a special container like they do with the soda thing. We'll see what happens.

Going on a 14 day TA November/December with 8 sea days. If they have break on beer it sure would be appreciated (gets hot crossing the South Atlantic).

Woody, see you then.

BTW, X in the past has been pretty linient about bring booze on board for TA's. We never tried to hide stuff but usually picked up a couple bottles of champange (or cava in Spain) and some beer. Have they started cracking down on that? Know about the 2 bottle "policy" but am more interested in what the real enforcement is today.

Hi Lois!

On the Infnity in December there were wine packages on offer in the Dining room. Varying prce levels but a good selection in each set. We went along with this and the Somellier helped us choose to go with our meal choice. I cant recall the prices, but remeber feeling it was a good deal.

I like the Martini idea - but they would need bigger shakers!

Angie

My partner and I run up a large drinks tab on cruises, mostly because we're socializing in public spaces most of the day and it runs alongside that... but this strikes me as a potentially bad idea. It would probably save me money, but the idea of feeling like I "need" to drink my money's worth, yeesh, I could see bad outcomes for many people with that. They had better give the bartenders extra training in shutting people off at bars without provoking a fight, and what happens when the first person falls overboard after having bought one of these packages?

This is a problem for a mixed-drink/martini package. I'm not too worried about people picking fights after one too many brandy alexanders or Coors Lights...

Hi Lois!

On the Infnity in December there were wine packages on offer in the Dining room. Varying prce levels but a good selection in each set. We went along with this and the Somellier helped us choose to go with our meal choice. I cant recall the prices, but remeber feeling it was a good deal.

I like the Martini idea - but they would need bigger shakers!

Angie

Angie, hello my friend, hope you and Tony are doing well:)

Nobody chats on our old roll call anymore:eek:.....

Hope things across the Pond are healthy and happy:)

Oh, I never asked about a wine package..never knew

they offered one.

Lois

Nice to bump into you on the boards!

Yes we are all well at this end. We are invited on the Equinox naming in July from Southampton. Cant wait!

We are heading to Florida Jan / Feb 2010 to take our daughter to Disney - It would be great if we could meet up.

To get back on topic - They only had the wine package on the FLL to Valparaiso leg of the trip.

Angie

Lois

Nice to bump into you on the boards!

Yes we are all well at this end. We are invited on the Equinox naming in July from Southampton. Cant wait!

We are heading to Florida Jan / Feb 2010 to take our daughter to Disney - It would be great if we could meet up.

To get back on topic - They only had the wine package on the FLL to Valparaiso leg of the trip.

Angie

Oh, enjoy that naming Ceremony:D:)!!!!

• 1 month later...
Can someone post the flyer or copy the text from it?? we are elite members and still have yet to get anything in the mail recently.

Thanks

Being relaxed on vacation means enjoying the convenience

of prearranging your preferences, such as beverages,

prior to setting sail. And thanks to a new capability

coming later this year from CelebrityCruises.com,

we’re bringing that one step closer. Starting in late 2009,

you’ll be able to go online and choose from a number of

different pre-paid beverage packages, including Unlimited

Bottled Water, Unlimited Fountain Sodas, Unlimited

Bottled Beer, and Unlimited Frozen Drinks, as well as

assorted wine and mixed-drink packages. So once you

set sail, you can just sit back, relax, and enjoy a vacation

experience that’s all about you.

These new services are just two of the expanded capabilities

on tap for our website that are designed to help you better

customize your vacation around the way you love to travel.

We invite you to visit CelebrityCruises.com and click on the

“Before You Cruise” tab prior to your next cruise to make

your experience as personalized as possible.

Pre-Purchase of Beverage Packages

— quenching your thirst for value

SELECT YOUR SPA TREATMENTS & BEVERAGE PACKAGES ONLINE FROM HOME

Some cruise lines offer this already for groups - most have a minimum number of guests required (I think RCCL's is 50 people, not sure if Celebrity does it as well) and the entire group has to opt for it currently. I think RCCL is charging now for groups somewhere between $50 - $55 per person per day for a drink package (can't recall of the top of my head but I did just price these for a group), NCL charges $46 p/p per day, Carnival was somewhere around those prices as well.

We'll see what happens when it is implemented, but perhaps these are around the prices you might see.

$50 per person per day is really hefty--

We usually order a prepaid alcohol spackage with Scotch, soda & snacks for our stateroom--it is way overpriced but serves our needs..since you can't bring alcohol on board from home..

they'd have to have fair prices for it to be worthwhile--otherwise we'll cart our two wine bottles & bottled water on board..& replenish the water in ports

Also never got the newsletter. Before I get my hopes up, I'd like to see brands and pricing.

And I don't like the fountain soda package, as you have to walk up to a bar to get a refill and the taps usually run flat. I prefer a new can.

• 1 month later...
Its been almost 2 months since the last post.

My family just booked the last full Solstice cruise in 09 (departs on 12/20/09).

It would be terrific if these packages will be available then.

I haven't seen any updates. I don't think anything new has been

implemented yet but I am sailing in 5 weeks and will be glad to

see if I can find anything about it while on the ship:D:)

I haven't seen any updates. I don't think anything new has been

implemented yet but I am sailing in 5 weeks and will be glad to

see if I can find anything about it while on the ship:D:)

Lois that would be wonderful of you. We are thinking of taking a 10 day Thanksgiving cruise and this would be great to have. Thanks for checking for us!

To be honest I would think most of us will find the pricing so unrealistic we won't even consider purchasing them since the vast majority of cruisers do not really drink THAT much.

I wish they would consider something like selling 10 or 20 drink vouchers and allow one to purchase extra if one got through half the cruise and decided to purchase more. That would also make it attractive to those cruises who only have a drink or 2 a day.

Being relaxed on vacation means enjoying the convenience

of prearranging your preferences, such as beverages,

prior to setting sail. And thanks to a new capability

coming later this year from CelebrityCruises.com,

we’re bringing that one step closer. Starting in late 2009,

you’ll be able to go online and choose from a number of

different pre-paid beverage packages, including Unlimited

Bottled Water, Unlimited Fountain Sodas, Unlimited

Bottled Beer, and Unlimited Frozen Drinks, as well as

assorted wine and mixed-drink packages. So once you

set sail, you can just sit back, relax, and enjoy a vacation

experience that’s all about you.

These new services are just two of the expanded capabilities

on tap for our website that are designed to help you better

customize your vacation around the way you love to travel.

We invite you to visit CelebrityCruises.com and click on the

“Before You Cruise” tab prior to your next cruise to make

your experience as personalized as possible.

P

re-Purchase of Beverage Packages

SELECT YOUR SPA TREATMENTS & BEVERAGE PACKAGES ONLINE FROM HOME

From the way this reads it would seem that they are thinking of some kind of voucher system for mixed drinks and wine.

This would be great for me. I always feel guilty making purchases, but if I only had to spend money once I am sure that I would be up for this.

If anyone sees anymore about this, please keep us posted.

— quenching your thirst for value

Not having to sign slip after slip would be well worth it for us. We had the Garden Villa on our last cruise, and everything was included and available in our room (fully stocked bar, 4 refrigerators stocked with Evian and sodas). It's just easier and more relaxing to just have what you want, when you want it and not waiting for those annoying slips that clutter the dresser top at the end of the day.

I would make it feel more like an all inclusive, only tailored! the best of both worlds! I sailed an "all inclusive" line last year and it was great, but i felt like we paid a lot more when we don't drink all that much. I would have loved to have had the chance to pay for a non all inclusive and then "ADD" just what we wanted. What a concept!!!

Archived