Way to Go NCL!!! From the Sun to the Pearl in 2010

LBS1

Thanks to the great posters on CC, I woke up last week to a message that told me my cruise on the Sun next summer had been canceled.

Oh No!!!! :mad: I feared the worst and was angry about the change as I was looking forward to cruising Alaska in the AFT AC suite for myself, wife, son and daughter.

I called my TA who contacted NCL and their offer was to upgrade us from the Sun's AC to a AB suite on the Pearl. Since the Pearl does not have any aft suites comparable to the Sun' AC suites, I felt this upgrade was a very suitable substitution and jumpped on it. :) What do you all think?

Now I know, some may say I should have asked for a Courtyard suite, but I was happy enough with NCL's offer, especially now that my mom and sister are getting the connecting mini-suite and will join us on the cruise.

One question, do non courtyard suites get to use the private sun deck above the courtyard villa suites? What else will I miss out on, with not being on the courtyard?

As long as you don't get the AB's under the gym!!! They are all on deck 11 and mid to forward. Half are under the gym on the port side and the other half are under the library and spa on the portside.

Good luck though. I would love an AB! Although I would also love an AFT (and to travel w/o my kiddos ;) ).

Archived