Radission at Port Canaveral & Rental Car

Is this still a recommended hotel to stay at? I read a negative review about it a week or so ago. Can't seem to get it off my mind. Also do they have a car rental drop off at the hotel? Would like to rent a car in Orlando,and drop it off before sailing the next morning, and pick one up for return to Orlando after the cruise. Thanks for any insight on this matter!

Luv 2 Cruz

We found the Radisson a convenient place to stay prior to our cruise. It is close to the pier and using their shuttle bypasses a lot of aggravation. They do not have a car rental desk, but several agencies are fairly close and offer shuttles to the pier also. We used National which was a mistake. It not only was further away, but it did not offer transportation to the pier so we had to take a taxi.

The Radisson is actually made up of a group of low rise buildings. I believe that rooms vary based on the age. Our room was in the "executive: section, a bit small, but it had a small kitchette. Other rooms that I passed were bigger, but did not apear to have the kitchenette. Our room included with a buffet breakfast which was just okay, mostl;y because the restaurant was too small for the number of people.

Dale

We stayed at the Radisson in 11/02 and plan to stay there again this November. We found our room to be quite nice. We had the standard king room. We did not have any problems with noise that some of the other guests have commented on in recent weeks. I think a lot of that has to do with the time of year that we were there. I understand that Avis no longer has an agency right there at the hotel but I believe it to be just next door or maybe right across the street. Still seems to be very accessible.

Sarah

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;07;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
11/7 RCCL Mariner <a href=

We sailed on 4/19/04 and rented Avis from airport, and stayed at the Raddison the night before our cruise. This hotel gets high marks from me. Very nice expierience. We returned the car next morning to Avis about a mile from hotel on the main road. We took a shuttle to terminal. They bring you right to the baggage drop off. After the cruise we were picked up on shuttle within 15 minutes. We returned car at airport which is right at the terminal. (less than $40.00 each way). Have a great trip.

SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS CRUISE 4/19/04
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;04;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

PJM327, Thanks for your reply. Was the shuttle you took the one from Avis or the shuttle from the Radission? What size car did you rent? Would it accommodate 4 adults with luggage?

Luv 2 Cruz

from Avis shuttle, me and wife 6 bags in a cavalier

SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS CRUISE 4/19/04
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;04;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

HEY,
WE STAYED AT THE RADISSON AND LOVED IT...WE HAD A SUITE...REALLY COOL...FRIENDS OF OURS RENTED A CAR FORM THE ORLANDO AIRPORT AND BUDGET IS RIGHT NEXT STORE....LITERALLY.THEY DROPPED IT OFF THE NIGHT BEFORE THE CRUISE...THEY SAID NO PROBLEMS...... GOOD LUCK....

Archived