???? for group leaders

:confused:Hello all

I am trying to coordinate a family and friends group cruise for next year on the Dream. I have received nice price quotes from Carnival. The only problem is that Carnival requires a $250.00 deposit per person.

So my questions are:

1. Will the company that puts together the CC group cruises work with me? And if so do I need to advertise here on CC?

2. Do you find that the rates are cheaper, the same or more expensive than working directly with Carnival?

Thank You for your help.

:confused:Hello all

I am trying to coordinate a family and friends group cruise for next year on the Dream. I have received nice price quotes from Carnival. The only problem is that Carnival requires a $250.00 deposit per person.

So my questions are:

1. Will the company that puts together the CC group cruises work with me? And if so do I need to advertise here on CC?

2. Do you find that the rates are cheaper, the same or more expensive than working directly with Carnival?

Thank You for your help.

Cruise Critic will not sponsor a private group to facilitate a reduced deposit for your group.

The rates are cheaper but not dramatically so. The reduced price is nice but there are also benefits like on board credit and a free cocktail party.

We currently have a few group cruises on the Dream. I'd suggest you see if one of those will work for you and book with the group. You aren't obligated attend a single group function or even post.

Best of luck.

Mach

We were given an optioin of putting a 25.00 per person deposit down to hold the price but could not select the room until the 250 per person was paid.

We were given 100 OBC as well per cabin.

We were given an optioin of putting a 25.00 per person deposit down to hold the price but could not select the room until the 250 per person was paid.

We were given 100 OBC as well per cabin.

Was this for a CC group cruise? I am putting together a private cruise not one for CC?

it's .net

I still don't have anything but here is some information.

I called numerous agents. All came up with the same group price as Carnival gave me.

one offered a bottle of wine per cabin

one offered a bottle of wine or champagen & a group photo

the agent I went with offered to allow me to choose which perks we wanted & sent me a list of ones to select from.

I have done 3 groups now ... The $25 can be obtain but will not let

you select a cabin until a $250 deposit is down.

I have used a TA. There can be lots of questions with many many people envolved etc. I like using a TA better for that. Find one who is flexable, doesn't charge fees etc. We priced around and really found that a TA was better than CCL direct.

Good luck.

Archived