A retraction of sorts

I am one of the "complainers" and while I still stand by some of my comments I also need to note that Capt Wright has called me personally to discuss my issues. While there is still no OBC or anything direct like that, I do have to say that the Captain DID take time out of his day to not only read my e-mail but to call me personally. That meant a lot to me and has honestly turned my thinking around on RCCL as a company and as a vacation choice.

I should also note that I received a phone call from Adam Goldstein's office yesterday reiterating the original CS reps position. I've been a fairly vocal critic of RCCL in regards to the repair/itinerary issue and it would be unfair of me not to be equally vocal in my praise of them.

I am one of the "complainers" and while I still stand by some of my comments I also need to note that Capt Wright has called me personally to discuss my issues. While there is still no OBC or anything direct like that, I do have to say that the Captain DID take time out of his day to not only read my e-mail but to call me personally. That meant a lot to me and has honestly turned my thinking around on RCCL as a company and as a vacation choice.

I should also note that I received a phone call from Adam Goldstein's office yesterday reiterating the original CS reps position. I've been a fairly vocal critic of RCCL in regards to the repair/itinerary issue and it would be unfair of me not to be equally vocal in my praise of them.

Sometimes the most we can expect of a company is that they listen to our complaints and respond to them. We can't always expect them to respond with a solution that is satisfactory to us, but the fact that they took the time to read our complaint, took it seriously and responded with an explanation of their position is a plus. I am pleased to see that this was the case in your instance and commend you for posting your comments.:)

When I send e-mails or letters complaining about a bad experience, I usually only do that when I've had a customer service issue because it's something that can be controlled and fixed. ie, no one can help the fact RCCL has to make an itinerary change due to weather, it's not everyone's fault your reservation got lost, etc.

I always send them out expecting to never get a reply and when I do, I always delightfully surprised and I think it shows they are aware and concerned about your problems. Knowledge is power and now maybe they can avoid going through the same problems again.

Example:

I called a vacation planner at Walt Disney World with a few questions. The woman was rude and not helpful at all. I understand her not having all the answers, but she couldn't even be bothered with telling me who would. I was very annoyed and sent an e-mail to Disney customer service about it. Not only did they e-mail me back, but they called and told me how sorry they were and even gave me Disney dollars to spend at the park. I didn't make a complaint to get free stuff (which in my experience is a main reason some people make complaints), but I thought it was very thoughtful to offer me anything.

So, my point is that I think it's fine to make -valid- complaints and voice them to the company and it shows RCCL is making a real effort to address concerns and complaints if they call directly and listen to what we have to say!

Archived