NCL Veteran's discount

Arwenmark

When I opened NCL.com this morning to check fares on my current cruise, I found they have revamped the website, and they have a current sale, but they also seem to changed their military discount structure. Either that Or I was completely unaware that it applied to any honorably discharged veteran, not just active duty or retired.

I called my agent, and he got me the discount on top of the reductions I already had

In my case 20% so my base price on my AE suite on a 6 night repo is now 609 pp.

It does seem to be restricted to certain sailings however. Luckily mine was one of them.

So if any of you veteran's out there have not already gotten your discount, you might want to check to see if your cruise is covered and give NCL or your agent a call.

The Military discount applies to veterans as well. All you have to do is submit the paperwork - an NCL form you can get from their website and your DD 214. Received it for my May 10 Jewel Cruise.

When I opened NCL.com this morning to check fares on my current cruise, I found they have revamped the website, and they have a current sale, but they also seem to changed their military discount structure. Either that Or I was completely unaware that it applied to any honorably discharged veteran, not just active duty or retired.

I've been getting the mil discount for quite a while now (honorably discharged) so I think you may just have missed it in the past

Ok, well it probably helps to post about it anyway for those like me that did not know it applied to Honorably discharged veterans that were not actually retired FROM the service.

How long exactly have they been doing it? anyone know?

Apparently, NCLs military rate is based upon when you book:confused:.

I was told by NCL agent we just missed a 20% one when booking alaskan cruise & that it could go up to 30% on certain cruises, we wound up with price reflecting 15% off online rate

we were instructed to fill out an online form & were cautioned to bring copy of DD214 to port. BTW, the same procedue w/union-AFLCIO (which, interestingly was exact same rate as the military).

Afterwards, we wound up canceling it and booking a group rate w/TA, saving $400 off the balcony rate & getting a mini-suite:D; stil nice to see they honour service.:)

Carnival offers one too, they have minimum service time though, a couple of years as i recall

DCL is offering great last min rates to active/retired/DOD employees, so sad they won't extend to honorable discharged vets, especially if they served during wartime.

Ok, well it probably helps to post about it anyway for those like me that did not know it applied to Honorably discharged veterans that were not actually retired FROM the service.

Yep, this is one subject that I don't think anyone would object to seeing every now & then

(well of course some will object but the heck with 'em)

I think I saw a press release about it a couple years ago and have checked for the discount every time I've booked since

BTW-the code is PGMIL

we ve used my military status with CCL and once you let them know

it kept in my profile and no need to fill out any form s..

is it the same with NCL or do you have to fill a form our each time you sail?

Just popped in to thank all you vets and active military folks. My dad was an Arny vet (Korea) and very proud to be an American. You deserve every discount you get!:)

How long exactly have they been doing it? anyone know?

Don't remember which month, but it was early 2007. I recall a bunch of us having difficulty getting info on the discount when it first came out, but since then NCL has done a great job.

Just an FYI~Some online TA's also offer a military discount. This is in addition to their already low fares. I booked my upcoming cruise through an online TA, got the mil discount, additional savings, and a $150 OBC:)

I am currently checking on the other NCL cruise I have booked for Dec of 2010 to see if it applies to that one could be as much as $500 off. Fingers crossed, might almost pay for one of the air tickets to Barcelona if I'm lucky. LOL

Just popped in to thank all you vets and active military folks. My dad was an Arny vet (Korea) and very proud to be an American. You deserve every discount you get!:)

If you sign up for the Military Advantage program (on the NCL website) just about anyone can receive the military discount. Spouse, parent, etc. - they all qualify.

We have used the military discount on NCL and CCL several times already. There is NO restrictions as to time served, or anything like that. All you need as a vet is your DD214, and your in.

As far as I know there are military discounts on EVERY cruise. You just have to book them early enough. Some cruises just have a certain amount of cabins set aside for the discount, and if you book late, you might not get on as a veteran. NCL seems to do the best with this program and usually lets you book at anytime with the military discount.

It's a nice way of the cruise lines saying 'Thanks' to us veterans.

On our recent cruise the discount was only about $25 as we booked 5 weeks prior to sailing. The union discount was the one we used...we could have used either.....discount was the same.

It is not just a military discount - it applies to current or retired Dept of Defense Civilian employees also. Just got ours when we booked our Baltic cruise a couple of weeks ago. Was about a 20% discount:D

I have another question, do you get this discount in addition to others for instance latitudes? and do you get it with special sales and promos for instance the up to $500 OBC thing they had a couple months ago, would you have been able to book with the OBC and the Military discount?

I have another question, do you get this discount in addition to others for instance latitudes? and do you get it with special sales and promos for instance the up to $500 OBC thing they had a couple months ago, would you have been able to book with the OBC and the Military discount?

I've gotten the discount in addition to the Latitudes discount.....and for an upcoming cruise that I have booked (when I will then qualify for sr discount) I got all 3

ANDDDDD-I've gotten it when there have been OBC promos

HOWEVER-once, over a year ago, I was looking at a booking and although there was a military discount I was unable to combine it with other discounts. I haven't experienced that since

It depends on the TA you use. The one that I used for my last booking gave me the military discount, an additional $100 savings, the OBC promo that NCL was running at the time, AND the special $100 latitudes OBC that I read about on this board (I asked them about this after I read about it here. They called NCL to verify and within an hour I had an updated invoice).

ETA~Make sure to do your HW prior to booking and see what promos are out there. TA's don't always know about everything the lines are offering (like the latitudes OBC), but are often very accomodating when you bring it to their attention:)

In this case I am applying this discount retroactively to bookings I already have, I did one yesterday for my Pacific coast repo in Sept. but that had no OBC. I already had the latitudes discount and we are both over 55 but there was no difference for that on this cruise. Now I added the Military discount to that one.

The other one I have my TA checking on is one for 2010 that I have booked that was booked under the $500 obc plan also latitudes discount, and the TA matched the $500 obc. she is checking to see if she can add the Military discount without losing the OBC.

Archived