NCL Veteran's discount

Arwenmark

In this case I am applying this discount retroactively to bookings I already have, I did one yesterday for my Pacific coast repo in Sept. but that had no OBC. I already had the latitudes discount and we are both over 55 but there was no difference for that on this cruise. Now I added the Military discount to that one.

The other one I have my TA checking on is one for 2010 that I have booked that was booked under the $500 obc plan also latitudes discount, and the TA matched the $500 obc. she is checking to see if she can add the Military discount without losing the OBC.

Good luck! Let us know if she is able to do it!

I was on the phone with NCL and she told me to fax them my DD214. Too bad it was a small discount because we booked a mini suite on the Dawn to Bermuda but I'm glad I finally had a chance to use a veteran discount!

I was on the phone with NCL and she told me to fax them my DD214. Too bad it was a small discount because we booked a mini suite on the Dawn to Bermuda but I'm glad I finally had a chance to use a veteran discount!

Hummm-they've always asked me to send them the completed Military Appreciation Discount form, but to bring the DD214 with me to the pier (so far they've never asked for it there though)

Hummm-they've always asked me to send them the completed Military Appreciation Discount form, but to bring the DD214 with me to the pier (so far they've never asked for it there though)

Oh? I just booked it and she took 5% off for the mini suite on the Dawn to Bermuda. We were actually on the phone for quite a while because she had to go check for the fax and once she confirmed that the fax was from me, she added in the discount.

I guess it's YMMV? (your mileage may vary)

I had to fax a copy of DH's DD214 to my TA and a copy of the completed form directly to NCL. Perhaps since Billy Bluff is sailing in less than 2 weeks, there is a different protocol.

We faxed the form yesterday when I had my TA call, they applied the discount but said I had five days to get them the form. and I figure to bring hubby's DD 214 with us.

Still waiting to hear on the 2010 cruise, I will keep you posted. I am booked in AE's on both these cruises.

So I just got off the phone with the TA and they got me the discount without losing my $1000 on board credit, Yipee!

So that drops the combined balance by $462. Help pay the air to Barcelona.

On our recent cruise the discount was only about $25 as we booked 5 weeks prior to sailing. The union discount was the one we used...we could have used either.....discount was the same.

Can you use both the union and the veterans discounts on the same cruise? Have already booked Jan. 2010 using the union discount. Appreciate any info you can give.

Sounds like Beachbum has 1st had experience that would indicate 'No'

Can you use both the union and the veterans discounts on the same cruise? Have already booked Jan. 2010 using the union discount. Appreciate any info you can give.

You can combine the military discount with almost any other discount except the union discount. I quallify for both but they will only give you one. BTW, they are both the same.

I did not know of NCL's Military discount until yesterday. My "seasoned TA" wasn't aware either. We have a AB penthouse booked for a 9 day cruise on the Dawn in March 2010. Contacted my TA who inturn called NCL. Bottom line, a savings of over $900. WOW!!!!

I did not know of NCL's Military discount until yesterday. My "seasoned TA" wasn't aware either. We have a AB penthouse booked for a 9 day cruise on the Dawn in March 2010. Contacted my TA who inturn called NCL. Bottom line, a savings of over $900. WOW!!!!

Yes my TWO different online agencies that I have used for years both know us fairly well, neither mentioned this discount, even though they both advertise as getting you every discount you are entitled too.

I had seen military discount but never that covered honorably discharged, non retiring from the service personnel, in other words your average Joe that was in service at some point in his life but didn't make it a career.

OceanDreaming2,

My father was in the army, and my son-in-law is currently in the military. In your opinion, is the Military Advantage Card available to me? I went to the website, and they want me to fill out the form and give them money, but I could not find information as to what proof I would need to provide. Can you shed any light on the situation? :confused:

Thanks for any help.

Archived