Reef/water shoes

Does anyone know where I can buy some cheap adult size reef/water shoes? I only want cheapies as they are unlikely to be used after the cruise.

I have checked Target, Kmart, Big W and Reject shops but nothing around. I guess they are not a big seller this time of year :confused:

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

countdown.pl?name=&date=7-21-2009&image=Beach-2&text=&ship=Pacific Dawn

Does anyone know where I can buy some cheap adult size reef/water shoes? I only want cheapies as they are unlikely to be used after the cruise.

I have checked Target, Kmart, Big W and Reject shops but nothing around. I guess they are not a big seller this time of year :confused:

Hi there

We brought our reef shoes from Big W for under $10 during the summer. The have since taken their stock of the shelf.

You can buy some on board the Pacific Dawn from the Aqua Shack, but will pay between $20-$30.

Regards

Alan

Hi elloello

You could try the surf stores and dive stores as they might have some reduced stock that would do the trick (I picked up a pair for my daughter from Pumpkin patch for $5...bargain!).

I bought the reef shoes from the ship last year and they were much better quality than what Big W were selling (but they were more than twice the price :rolleyes:).

Hey less than 10 weeks till our cruise :D. Also can you please email me about our rollcall rosebros@aanet.com.au I need to get a few details from you.

Let me know how you get on with the shoes.

Hi there

They have since taken their stock of the shelf.

If they have just put them out the back during the winter maybe you could ask them and they could get them out for you ...

We have bought some from Big W only last week and they were also in Kmart. But can sometime tell me if you can buy kids sizes on Pacific Sun because I have been everywhere and can't get a pair for my seven year old daughter.

Hi everyone,

Sorry to sound stupid, but whar are reef shoes and why do we need them? My husband Davy and I are going on our first cruise next month so are totally inxperienced at all things cruising. Thank heavens I dicovered thsi CC forum a while back as I have learnt heaps of tips from it.

thanks for you help and advice,

Georgina

Thanks all, I will ask if BigW have any out back, sounds promising when others have been able to find some.

I will also check surf shops for sales and good to know they will be onboard if I can't buy some beforehand.

Thanks again.

Hi everyone,

Sorry to sound stupid, but whar are reef shoes and why do we need them? My husband Davy and I are going on our first cruise next month so are totally inxperienced at all things cruising. Thank heavens I dicovered thsi CC forum a while back as I have learnt heaps of tips from it.

Georgina

They are shoes (some people call them aqua socks)made from like a wetsuit material. I'll see if I can find a pic to post on here. I got some in BigW in March, just before we went on our cruise. They were about $10. They are great for when you're on the islands. Although we don't wear them a lot, I wouldn't go on a cruise without them. They are cheap enough to buy "just in case".

We have bought some from Big W only last week and they were also in Kmart. But can sometime tell me if you can buy kids sizes on Pacific Sun because I have been everywhere and can't get a pair for my seven year old daughter.

You could try Ebay. They have some for adults but mainly kid's sizes.

We bought our reef shoes from Anaconda ... paid around $15 (usually around $10 on sale) and I know they have kids sizes because I ended up with kids for myself as the sizing is quite generous. They have them all year round.

Janine

Hi everyone,

Georgina

Welcome to cruising, Georgina. The reef shoes are great for swimming/snorkelling around islands that have a lot of coral. You wear them while you are in the water and you won't get coral cuts, etc. They are usually good for walking in short distances too.

Lilly

Hi

I bought mine at BigW 3 weeks ago. They cost $8.56.

You do need to try them on though as the sizing is 'weird'. I normally take a size 6 but needed to buy a size 8 in order to get them to fit and they are snug!

Cheers

Ging466

You do need to try them on though as the sizing is 'weird'. I normally take a size 6 but needed to buy a size 8 in order to get them to fit and they are snug!

Cheers

Ging466

Yes, that is true. I was lucky when I went to buy them for myself, son & daughter (DH had a pair that was still in good nick) - we're all pretty much the same size. I intended getting one size smaller for my son but they didn't have any. Just got 3 pairs the same size & we managed (was lucky enough to get 3 different colours:))

Hi

I bought mine at BigW 3 weeks ago. They cost $8.56. You do need to try them on though as the sizing is 'weird'. I normally take a size 6 but needed to buy a size 8 in order to get them to fit and they are snug!

Cheers

Ging466

Uncertainty on what size to order is the reason I wouldn't buy something like this on the internet. It is not the wasted money if you buy reef shoes that don't fit that is the problem, it is the bother of ordering again. :(

Evon.

Uncertainty on what size to order is the reason I wouldn't buy something like this on the internet. It is not the wasted money if you buy reef shoes that don't fit that is the problem, it is the bother of ordering again. :(

Evon.

very true, Evon. Much easier to go to BigW:)

I bought kids ones on the Pac Dawn last year (boys were 5 & 7) they were $14.95 a pair. They did have a special on them before we hit the islands...something like 15% off.

You could try Pumpkin patch like I did .. maybe one of those factory outlet stores? (Olivia's ones are really pretty :) & much nicer than any I have seen in retail stores).

ok I will go shopping on the weekend. I rang Anaconda and they have them but they are $30.00 which seems a bit expensive for a pair that will be too small the next time we go on a cruise.

I've only got 3 weekends left till we go and this is the last shopping item on my list.

Thanks for your help.

ok I will go shopping on the weekend. I rang Anaconda and they have them but they are $30.00 which seems a bit expensive for a pair that will be too small the next time we go on a cruise.

I've only got 3 weekends left till we go and this is the last shopping item on my list.

Thanks for your help.

Whoa!!! That's expensive!! we paid nowhere near that. Sheesh!

Janine

I got ours from an Aussie disposals store for about $15. They just felt a bit better made than the Big W ones.

Having said that, if I hadn't stumbled upon them I would happily have got the Big W ones.

Have a great cruise!!

countdown.pl?name=&date=7-21-2009&image=Beach-2&text=&ship=Pacific Dawn

I actually brought 2 pairs from my local big W just 3 weeks ago . Maybe you could ask a department assistant if they have any in stock in storage areas?

Thank you very much Karen and Lilly for letting me know all about reef shoes. I can't believe how helpful people are on this CC website - unbelievable!

Georgina

We sometimes find them in Big W and Target etc in suburbs located near beaches. So maybe a Sunday drive to Wollongong or Shellharbour if not too far from where you live. About 1 and 1/2 hours drive from Sydney Central.

Archived