Repositioning Cruises

jasperdog

Are these cruises offered on the NCL website or do you have to call NCL or your travel agent to learn about them?

They are on NCL's website. But they aren't listed as repo cruises. You just look at the descriptions. They normally will say "Panama Canal - Miami to Los Angles", etc. The start and end cities will be different.

They are on the NCL site, but you just have to have a rough idea where to look to start with, since there is no repositioning category to start with.

For instance, armed with the knowledge that European/Med ships repo in the fall to New York, you can pull up the Europe category from this August to November. Buried in the results are an 11 day TA from London to New York on the Jewel (Sep 19), a 13 day TA from Barcelona to New York on the Gem (Nov 29) and a 13 day London to Barcelona repo on the Jade (Aug 23).

Wow, it looks like other folks jumped in while I was composing this.

As others note, NCL doesn't have a "repositioning" category per se. But most such cruises occur in late April/early May when ships relocate from Mexico and the Caribbean to Alaska, Bermuda, New England/Canada and Europe. During late September/early October the pattern reverses.

Most cruises referenced as Pacific Coastal, Panama Canal or Transatlantic are probably repositioning cruises. And, of course, there might be others.

There are two in late Oct/early Nov that leave out of NY, circle the caribbean and end up in Miami. One is the Dawn and the other is the Jewel, they are 14 day cruises, you can find them by searching in each boat category.

Some on line agencies list these cruises as repositioning cruises. I wish they all did that because I LOVE a good repo and it would be easier to spot them if they listed them as such.

I sailed the NCL Spirit repo in fall 2007 and have the Dawn repo booked for this fall. They are my favorite cruises...great ports and, of course they are LONG cruises :)

They are my favorite cruises...great ports and, of course they are LONG cruises :)

I agree! Interesting itineraries, often with low cost-per-day fares. In fact, I pretty much do "repos" exclusively.

I agree! Interesting itineraries, often with low cost-per-day fares. In fact, I pretty much do "repos" exclusively.

The fact remains, not all cruise lines do. I wonder where a REPO cruise sails?

At least with the way NCL calls them you know where!

NCL calls them Pacific Coastal, Panama Canal, Caribbean Escape, Circle the Caribbean, and Transatlantic cruises.

Some on line agencies list these cruises as repositioning cruises. I wish they all did that because I LOVE a good repo and it would be easier to spot them if they listed them as such.

I sailed the NCL Spirit repo in fall 2007 and have the Dawn repo booked for this fall. They are my favorite cruises...great ports and, of course they are LONG cruises :)

Usually not long enough. But I have never found any cruise that was long enough.

Usually not long enough. But I have never found any cruise that was long enough.

I agree!! I'm looking forward to the day when time/days aren't an issue, then it will be WORLD CRUISES!!!!! woohoooo :D

Wouldn’t it be nice if NCL did a World Cruise? If they marketed it years in advance and offered great pricing (75-100$pp/day for insides), I’m sure it would work.

If they did one World Cruise every 5 years, you can be certain that I would go before their 2nd World Cruise. I’m a very average girl (30 yo, secretary, have a boyfriend, a house, no kids… you see nothing special) but a NCL World Cruise would get on my priority list.

A world cruise is already on my to-do list but freestyle dinning would be a must on a long cruise like that. I enjoy traditional dinning on QM2 but I need more flexibility for a long voyage.

I’ll be doing my first NCL repositioning cruise this fall and I can’t wait!

Wouldn’t it be nice if NCL did a World Cruise? If they marketed it years in advance and offered great pricing (75-100$pp/day for insides), I’m sure it would work.

If they did one World Cruise every 5 years, you can be certain that I would go before their 2nd World Cruise. I’m a very average girl (30 yo, secretary, have a boyfriend, a house, no kids… you see nothing special) but a NCL World Cruise would get on my priority list.

A world cruise is already on my to-do list but freestyle dinning would be a must on a long cruise like that. I enjoy traditional dinning on QM2 but I need more flexibility for a long voyage.

I’ll be doing my first NCL repositioning cruise this fall and I can’t wait!

We had some friends on the Royal Princess this year for their 107 day cruise. :eek:

Cruise just got done, so they are on the way home. We're looking forward to talking to them.

On the Princess forum someone posted regularly and uploaded pictures. It was a great time tagging along (in a virtual sense). Only 4810 posts on the thread (currently) and 302,804 viewings for a total (so far) of 241 pages.

Concerning the ship... It only has space for 670 passengers so it's not as hard to fill the slots. Princess actually has four of those smaller-sized ships that they send in different markets. I think that the 3000 passenger liners of NCL would have a very difficult time being filled.

You may be right, that if they didn't do it every year and marketed it properly, they may be able to pull it off, but I suspect in this day and age that it would probably be too much trouble.

Pete

There are two in late Oct/early Nov that leave out of NY, circle the caribbean and end up in Miami. One is the Dawn and the other is the Jewel, they are 14 day cruises, you can find them by searching in each boat category.

We opted for the 14 nite repo from NY returning from Miami. With all our years of cruising, somehow we never saw the ports the Jewel is going to! I've heard good and bad about NCL, but any cruise is what you make it. we are also trying Dawn in August 09 for the 1st time. Really excited about trying the Freestyle everything. Needed a cruise, but needed something different. I'm sure it will be great!!!

Archived