water

espmass

I'm on the Constellation 4/17. I know they provide a large bottle of water for a fee in the room, but does anyone know if they provide or sell smaller bottles of water in the fitness center? Can I bring a 6 pack onboard with me? If so, is there anywhere at the pier to buy it so I don't have to drag it from NJ?

Yes, they sell water in the fitness center, and you will have no problem bringing water on board.

The water from the bathroom sinks is safe to drink and tastes pretty good, so many people bring one bottle on board and refill it, using cleared out space in the mini bar to keep it cold.

Some piers have shops nearby, others are pretty empty, but if you take a walk around you are bound to find bottled water somewhere.

Enjoy your cruise!

Uh, the onboard water is about as pure as anything you can buy in a bottle. It comes to you direct from the distillation system, with no additives. You also get an ice bucket and water carafe in your stateroom, kept filled by your room steward. My wife brings a medium-sized water bottle and simply refills it throughout the cruise.

I travel with my insulated water jug to use around the pool, etc. I just stop at the buffet cold drink dispenser and fill it with lots of ice and water from there.

Filling it from the cabin is also an option. Never had any problem with the ship's water.

You can purchase water and other sport/fitness related drinks at the spa reception desk in a small refrigerator. You walk past the desk on your way into the gym area, at least that was the setup on the Summit. My experience on the Summit was that early in the morning there were no drinks available and later in the morning drinks would become available for sale as they stocked the little refrigerator at the reception desk.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;12;27;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0700[/img]

Celebrity Mercury 12/27/2004

The water on board ship is perfectly fine so there is really no need to purchase bottled water unless it is to get ahold of a bottle to refill. Just think about it. The ship's water is used to make all the ice that fills your stateroom ice bucket, is the water you drink in the restaurants, is the water used to dilute all the drink concentrates at the drink stations (coffee, tea, lemonade, punch, etc.), is used for all cooking including washing fruits and salad vegetables and so on and so on. There are better ways to fritter away your money than to stock up on bottled water on a cruise ship.

Bill

i know the water is perfectly safe to drink but believe it or not I find it has a salty taste. It never seems to quench my thirst.
I buy a case of Poland Spring at the pueblo(local supermarket)and bring it onboard. If you are staying on the condado strip precruise, theres a 24 hour walgreens where you can buy water.
No problem bringing it on They will tag it with your cabin number and deliver it.
happy sailings
*sweet*

[img]http://www.coolthings4u.com/images/sweetair2.gif[/img]

We just returned from Summit and the water was undrinkable. We did not have this problem last October but were told that, due to the numerous virus' and SAR's, they have increased the amount of chlorine in the water supply. We bought bottled water in the dining room each night and picked up small bottles in port for consumption in our stateroom.

Archived