Catamaran Cruise to Pitons

Fishndawg

Has anyone booked this excursion through their cruiseline? Wondering how it is. Hard to tell from the description. Specifically want to see how much physical activity is required. Could someone with knee problems get on an off the catamaran? THX

No problem at all. We had one person in a wheelchair on our catamaran cruise. When we got back to the ship we heard horror stories about the motion sickness that people got in the vans on the road down to the pitons. The catamaran was the way to go! Sit back and relax!

• 1 month later...

Has anyone out there taken this shore excursion through Princess? If so, how was it and can you describe the tour? We've already done the Cosol Tour and been to Jalousie beach. Want to cruise by the pitons this time. Thanks for any info you can provide.:p

Has anyone out there taken this shore excursion through Princess? If so, how was it and can you describe the tour? We've already done the Cosol Tour and been to Jalousie beach. Want to cruise by the pitons this time. Thanks for any info you can provide.:p

We did this excursion in 2007 and absolutely loved it. Would do it again in a heartbeat. Great crew, lots of drinks, great music and fantastic scenery.

Janette

We did this excursion in 2007 and absolutely loved it. Would do it again in a heartbeat. Great crew, lots of drinks, great music and fantastic scenery.

Janette

We are considering this excursion on Christmas Day. Was there any shaded areas to sit on the catamaran?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Toberman,

Was the excursion really that good? Did they really charge extra for beer? Fruity rum punch is not my cup of tea.

It looks like we will be on the Ruby Princess at the same time 11/24 - 12/4/2009. perhaps we will run into each other.

We were thinking of the booking "A day at Jungle Reef Beach w/ Lunch" via Princess Excursions. Do you have anything plannned for the stop in St Lucia?

Steve & Janice

Toberman,

Was the excursion really that good? Did they really charge extra for beer? Fruity rum punch is not my cup of tea.

It looks like we will be on the Ruby Princess at the same time 11/24 - 12/4/2009. perhaps we will run into each other.

We were thinking of the booking "A day at Jungle Reef Beach w/ Lunch" via Princess Excursions. Do you have anything plannned for the stop in St Lucia?

Steve & Janice

I don't recall being charged for anything.

Why don't you come and join our roll call? It's really hopping!

This year we're pretty sure we're going to do Reduit Beach, probably on a ship tour.

Janette

• 5 weeks later...
Toberman,

Steve & Janice

We are on the same cruise, did you book anything for St. Lucia yet? I was looking at exotictours.

• 3 months later...

Janette

Hello Toberman,and everybody

I will be in st lucia in march with my hubby and his mum..

I know 'pitons' are the hills there but i was wondering if they are named after the 'piton' s or not.(i dont know may be there are lot of them in that area or sth.)

I have a serious snake phobia and i can not even get off the ship if it is so..

Anyone who has been there or have exact info about it,

i would really appreciate if you share,

thanks

ozlem

Piton is a french word meaning peak. Loosely translated it is the large peak and smaller peak. We did not see any snakes while in St. Lucia. You'll be missing a great day if you don't get off the ship.

• 5 weeks later...
Piton is a french word meaning peak. Loosely translated it is the large peak and smaller peak. We did not see any snakes while in St. Lucia. You'll be missing a great day if you don't get off the ship.

Sadie,thank you for your post..i was really worried about it.now i will enjoy St lucia comfortably :)

I took this tour last month with Celebrity and had a fantastic time:D

The folks who ran that catamaran were extremely friendly and

knowledgable too.

I guess there were about 40 people on board. They took us to the Pitons,

to a beach, and I am really glad I booked it.:) This was a 1/2 day

excursion and it was great. We left about 9:30am and were back

about 1:30pm.

Hello Toberman,and everybody

I will be in st lucia in march with my hubby and his mum..

I know 'pitons' are the hills there but i was wondering if they are named after the 'piton' s or not.(i dont know may be there are lot of them in that area or sth.)

I have a serious snake phobia and i can not even get off the ship if it is so..

Anyone who has been there or have exact info about it,

i would really appreciate if you share,

thanks

ozlem

We took an island tour, and there were several places where children had snakes by the road. They were offering to have people get their picture taken with the snakes. I believe they were boa constrictors. We did not stop, and were in the vehicles. I wanted you to be aware that while the chances of running into a wild snake are probably zero, you might see snakes this way.

LOIS R - So glad to hear that you liked the catamaran excursion with Celebrity. We are booked on that excursion the first week in March. Did you get close to the Pitons? Are there shaded parts of the catamaran? food and drink?

LOIS R - So glad to hear that you liked the catamaran excursion with Celebrity. We are booked on that excursion the first week in March. Did you get close to the Pitons? Are there shaded parts of the catamaran? food and drink?

Hi,:) yes, there are shaded parts of the cat and they did have snacks

and drinks....beer, soda and punch.

We got close enough for lovely photos and they also took us to the

beach and then to a Marina....it was alot of fun:)

Thanks for the info Lois! Now we're excited! Do you know which beach they took you to? Enjoyed looking at your pics.

Hi,:) oh it wasn't a big beach...I sort of mis-stated that. It was an area

where we stopped for about 30- 45 minutes or so....some of us went in

the water while other folks stayed on board.

But it wasn't a beach where you would lay out with chairs and stuff.

Didn't mean to mislead you. And the Marina? It was lovely. He steered

us around it and then back into the main area of water.

Did you see the pictures from this cruise? Those are on Flickr in

my signature.

Thanks for the compliment:)

We took an island tour, and there were several places where children had snakes by the road. They were offering to have people get their picture taken with the snakes. I believe they were boa constrictors. We did not stop, and were in the vehicles. I wanted you to be aware that while the chances of running into a wild snake are probably zero, you might see snakes this way.

Thank you for the warning Broncos Fan.

I 've seen a cobra in India like that.It wasn't a good experience at all.But at least it's a relief to know that it is not likely to bump any of them roaming free..

thanks again

Did the snacks, beer, punch,etc. cost anything or was it included? Do you tip them?

The snacks and drinks were all complimentary and yes I tipped.:)

As long as I have a good tour I always tip:)

Archived