Spa rooms on Carnival Splendor

We are cruising on the Splendor in October and booked a Spa room, has anyone stayed there yet? What was it like, how was the spa, the pool etc...

Took a 2 night cruise to no-where with travel agents in March. Did not stay in one but saw them. different decor (nicer) spa is really nice. Going on Splendor 8/2/09 staying in a spa balcony room. If yu look at roll calls for the 8/2/09, I have some spa room pics in there.

We also have 3 spa rooms booked for October 11th and are very excited ! I am sure they will be just wonderful and we will enjoy them.

Well looks like we will be neighbors for the week. Looking forward to this cruise. So 3 rooms booked are you celebrating something? We are in 1105, Just hubby and I his 1st cruise my 2nd.

i just learn d of spa cabin s this yr..im looking forward to booking

one in 2010..

we found out about the spa room after we booked our original room, and we changed for a small amount, but well worth it since you get the spa amenities included. Really looking forward to this. Enjoy yours when the time comes.

We are cruising on the Splendor in October and booked a Spa room, has anyone stayed there yet? What was it like, how was the spa, the pool etc...

It was very nice and so convenient. The spa and sauna rooms are great. It's peaceful to get away from some of the more crowded areas of the ship. The cabin was comfortable and nicely decorated. There was plenty of room in the bathroom and cabin. I would definitely book this type of cabin again.

We booked a Spa interior in November and was upgraded to a Spa Balcony.

The cabins are the same size as the "non Spa" cabins whether it be interior or Balcony.

I LOVED the thalasso pool and relaxation rooms. I am not a Spa person at all.

I do not like massages, wraps or whatever.....but this was perfect.

You wear a wristband (that can be slipped on and off...you do not have to wear it 24/7 on the cruise) . If someone purchases the use of the pool etc for the day, they are issued a paper wristband with the color of the day.

You also get slippers that you get to keep and the robes are nicer....the beach towels are tan instead of the regular Carnival blue.

The decor of the cabins are more of an Asian feel...so not "Farcus".

There will be a letter awaiting you in your cabin with the 2 wristbands in it.

I do not know if they have changed this...but when we sailed...only the 1st and 2nd person in the cabin got wristbands.

Also, if you are upgraded for free from a regular cabin to a Spa cabin...the wristbands are NOT included. If you were upgraded from a SPA cabin (interior) to a SPA cabin balcony...the wristbands ARE included.

BUT be aware....Carnival's system only says "upgraded". We had to go through a good bit of run around to convince them we were "upgraded" from a Spa cabin....so we were suppose to have the wristbands.

We were in 1116....and loved it!!!

LHP--I have a spa suite booked and I want to know if/when the spa contacted to before the cruise. What do they tell you? Do tell me bout the steam rooms, do you wear towels or robes? do tell....

I have a suite booked, but nothing on my docs show that I am in a suite and my fun pass doesn't say VIP embarkation either. That worries me a bit, even though they say at the port they know which cabins/categories are spa. I'm going to bring the pages from a brochure if they say I don't get VIP boarding when I do considering the spa suite is a Cat 11 suite....

I am so ready, I've eben bought another tankini top so while one is drying I can wear the other one while soaking me bones in the thalassopool!

Also, if you are upgraded for free from a regular cabin to a Spa cabin...the wristbands are NOT included. If you were upgraded from a SPA cabin (interior) to a SPA cabin balcony...the wristbands ARE included.

BUT be aware....Carnival's system only says "upgraded". We had to go through a good bit of run around to convince them we were "upgraded" from a Spa cabin....so we were suppose to have the wristbands.

I justed wanted to thank you for posting this information. I read your posts about this when you originally returned. A couple of days ago I called and asked about an upgrade for my Splendor June 14th cruise. They offered me a spa cabin (1116!) and the original person I talked to said that I would not get the wristbands. She checked with a supervisor and they claimed that yes we would get the bands. Anyway, after your experience I figured I didn't want to spend any of my cruise arguing about wristbands. It sounds like we really would not be entitled to them. We decided to stay with our original balcony cabin. It like the location a little better. Thanks for the info!

It was very nice and so convenient. The spa and sauna rooms are great. It's peaceful to get away from some of the more crowded areas of the ship. The cabin was comfortable and nicely decorated. There was plenty of room in the bathroom and cabin. I would definitely book this type of cabin again.

Oh thank you very much, this is my husbands first cruise and my second so I want to make sure it is good so we can keep this type of vacation going. We have a ways to go before we sail, but I am looking forward to more and more everyday.

We booked a Spa interior in November and was upgraded to a Spa Balcony.

The cabins are the same size as the "non Spa" cabins whether it be interior or Balcony.

I LOVED the thalasso pool and relaxation rooms. I am not a Spa person at all.

I do not like massages, wraps or whatever.....but this was perfect.

You wear a wristband (that can be slipped on and off...you do not have to wear it 24/7 on the cruise) . If someone purchases the use of the pool etc for the day, they are issued a paper wristband with the color of the day.

You also get slippers that you get to keep and the robes are nicer....the beach towels are tan instead of the regular Carnival blue.

The decor of the cabins are more of an Asian feel...so not "Farcus".

There will be a letter awaiting you in your cabin with the 2 wristbands in it.

I do not know if they have changed this...but when we sailed...only the 1st and 2nd person in the cabin got wristbands.

Thank you we did make sure we have the spa included and they did tell us it was only for the first 2 people in the cabin and the others had to pay extra, but it will only be the 2 of us so were good. Nice to know they have the wrist bands that is easier, I went on Mercury and we paid for the week, but still had to check in at front desk and sign in etc. I can see why they do it but to just walk in is nicer. Hubby and I are HUGE SPA Fans. Massage should be my middle name...LOL! Of course it takes time to find a good person. Not all massages are good.

We had a SPA Balcony 1114 on a Nov 2008 cruise and loved it. Very close the the SPA Entrance. We spent most our time in the Spa........ Wonderful, Great... You will love it

Leedm

We just returned from our 7 night Pacafic Coast cruise on the Splendor. We booked the inside Spa Cabins for a steal of a deal. The cabin itself is no different other than the wall colors are softer. The towels are nicer, as are the robes. We had the Spa toiletries. The Spa itself is accessible by a seperate spiral staircase or elevator. If you aren't in the spa cabins, it is unlikely you would know about the elevator, etc. The Thalasso pool and steam/hot rooms are on the 11th deck. On the 12th deck there is a relaxation room with water, tea, fruit, etc. The first few days I didn't see anyone checking for wristbands, but the last few days, they checked several times while we were in the pool.

I think the price was $150 per person or $250 per couple for the week. It seemed quite a few people bought the package. I saw more of the daily bands than the Spa Cabin bands. I would book this cabin again if the price was right.

Carol

Well looks like we will be neighbors for the week. Looking forward to this cruise. So 3 rooms booked are you celebrating something? We are in 1105, Just hubby and I his 1st cruise my 2nd.

Yay we will be right across from you guys in 1108 1110 and 1112. My hubby and I will be celebrating his 33rd bday and our 5 year anniversary. Other than that just hanging out with our firends who have booked in the other two rooms. We will have our kids with us. This is our 3rd cruise, but first with Carnival. We have only sailed RCCL and loved them. But we are so looking forward to trying Carnival. I am so glad that everyone is sharing their experiences with these rooms and that so far everyone has enjoyed them! :) Thanks for all of the good infrmation!

My wife and I just got back from the Splendor today and we purchased a spa pass for the week. The cost was $240.00, and we couldn't figure out to get it cheaper. We wore the daily "plastic" wrist band and had to cut them off, some times twice in one day. The spa was nice but the steam room is really hot. I know that it is supposed to be but I could maybe get 10 mins. max in there before going to the misting shower to cool off. There was a couple of days of rough seas, the first couple and if you don't feel well then the spa is not the place to be. Decks 11 and 12 forward. The thalassopool was about 1 to 2 foot low for a couple of hours because it was splashing out. Woohoo was that a good time. Oh yeah, one more thing. the eucalyptus steam room was not very eucalyptusie most of the time. If you really want the smell maybe take some oil of your own for the towels. The have towels in the spa for use and we used them to sit on the the dry and wet rooms. Not very green of us but we used several new towels on every trip to the spa.

We just returned from our 7 night Pacafic Coast cruise on the Splendor. We booked the inside Spa Cabins for a steal of a deal. The cabin itself is no different other than the wall colors are softer. The towels are nicer, as are the robes. We had the Spa toiletries. The Spa itself is accessible by a seperate spiral staircase or elevator. If you aren't in the spa cabins, it is unlikely you would know about the elevator, etc. The Thalasso pool and steam/hot rooms are on the 11th deck. On the 12th deck there is a relaxation room with water, tea, fruit, etc. The first few days I didn't see anyone checking for wristbands, but the last few days, they checked several times while we were in the pool.

I think the price was $150 per person or $250 per couple for the week. It seemed quite a few people bought the package. I saw more of the daily bands than the Spa Cabin bands. I would book this cabin again if the price was right.

Carol

Thank you very much, did not know about the fruit, water and tea relaxation room. We have a ways to go but we are looking forward to this. we are booked in 1105.

I don't know anything about these spa packages...is that only for certain ships?? I am booked in a spa o/v cabin on the glory. Other than just larger windows, is there certain "perks" that goes with it????

I would like to see any pictures of this room as well. We are booked in a ov spa room on the Glory and I want to see if we made the right choice.

Sorry... Glory does not have the spa rooms:(... rooms on spa deck are like any other balcony stateroom.... only Splendor and Dream have the spa rooms with upgraded amenities and unlimited access to the thermal suiote and thalassotherapy pool

We just returned from our 7 night Pacafic Coast cruise on the Splendor. We booked the inside Spa Cabins for a steal of a deal.

Hi Carol,

Don't know if you'll check back in on this thread or not, but we also got a steal of a deal on an inside spa cabin for the 5/31 sailing. I like the amenities and location of the cabin a lot, but one thing has me wondering. We've had a couple of noisy inside cabins due to service corridors running behind them. On the deck plans, I can see a blank space running behind the interior spas, so I'm wondering if you heard any noise coming from there. We're booked in 1018, but I imagine they're all about the same as far as that blank space goes. I'll greatly appreciate anything you can tell me. :)

Archived