Samana 5/26 on Grandeur of the Seas- Any tips?

eragsjr

My Mom and I will be in Samana on 5/26 on the Grandeur.We are both experienced cruisers and like to explore. Just not necessarily with the cruise ship excursion. Have been reading info on the port. We would like to do the waterfall and a nice beach, if at all possible. I have received an email back from Terry. I am also going to email casa dorado. Is it possible to get a good tour for just the 2 of us. I'm concerned b/c all the posts seem to talk about groups of 10 or 12. Thanks in advance for all your help and for all the great info on these boards.

I just came back from a Terry tour, it was GREAT!!!! Samana is a very primitive port so I think if you go without a plan you will not have the experience you could have if you do some homework. I suggest you post on your "meet and mingle roll call board "to see if you can hook up with others interested in a tour.

Thanks so much for your reply. Terry did email me and I have responded back to him with some idea of what we want to do based upon the research I have done. Unfortunately Terry himself is booked that day. I have read your posts on Samana and it sounds like you had a wonderful time. I will post on the meet and mingle roll call board. Didn't even know one existed.

I am on the same Grandeur cruise with you. We already have plans in Samana, but I think there are some other folks on our roll call still deciding. You should post over there. Also, while you are at it, you can sign up for the meet and Mingle on board.

We were on the cruise with booboo, but we were shown around by Terry's wife Carolina. What a sweet girl! She took us to a nearby beach for the day at Playa Anadel. It was only abut 10 mins from their restaurant, which in turn is only about 1 minute from the pier. The beach was GORGEOUS, peaceful, and secluded, with great music, a bar, restaurant, and clean bathrooms and changing rooms. Also a little gift shop. Nice view of the ship also! Then we went back to Terry's restaurant and had an awesome meal! It was a great day. You should definitely go with them if you get the chance. :)

Thanks Christie. We have a group going to Playa Rincon which is what I really wanted to do. Maybe next time we can catch Terry or his wife! I'm from the Jersey Shore, too (born and raised!) which is why I had to say thanks for the info!

Thanks Christie. We have a group going to Playa Rincon which is what I really wanted to do. Maybe next time we can catch Terry or his wife! I'm from the Jersey Shore, too (born and raised!) which is why I had to say thanks for the info!

No problem. See you on the boardwalks! :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We were on the cruise with booboo, but we were shown around by Terry's wife Carolina. What a sweet girl! She took us to a nearby beach for the day at Playa Anadel. It was only abut 10 mins from their restaurant, which in turn is only about 1 minute from the pier. The beach was GORGEOUS, peaceful, and secluded, with great music, a bar, restaurant, and clean bathrooms and changing rooms. Also a little gift shop. Nice view of the ship also! Then we went back to Terry's restaurant and had an awesome meal! It was a great day. You should definitely go with them if you get the chance. :)

This sounds perfect for the 2 of us. How much was it?

Thanks,

Tony

How was your trip to Playa Rincon? Who did you use? What did it cost?

Thanks,

Tony

• 1 month later...

Archived