Queen Mary to return to service?!

green.herbs

I heard that they were turning her into a spaceship and she was going to form the residential part of the International Space Station. I can't find where to buy shares though.
Maybe the space aliens can move aboard and share the Queen Mary with the ghosts already aboard the Queen Mary :D Regards,Jerry

I heard that it was a really really old boat that had been pensioned off years ago, cut and hacked about at various times and suffered years of neglect and abuse and if it burned to the waterline tonight the owners would fall on their knees in gratitude to whatever gods or fates they give their allegiance.

Well that's what I heard.

Gari

I heard that it was a really really old boat that had been pensioned off years ago, cut and hacked about at various times and suffered years of neglect and abuse and if it burned to the waterline tonight the owners would fall on their knees in gratitude to whatever gods or fates they give their allegiance.

Well that's what I heard.

Gari

Gazza ma man!

maybe they could ditch a couple of the funnels and other stuff to lessen her draft a bit, and operate her doing nice little tours from Goole down to Hull (maybe Grimsby on a good day). That shouldn't put too much strain on the old dear.

J

Gazza ma man!

maybe they could ditch a couple of the funnels and other stuff to lessen her draft a bit, and operate her doing nice little tours from Goole down to Hull (maybe Grimsby on a good day). That shouldn't put too much strain on the old dear.

J

Brill idea J. Chop of them stem and stern make her into a Ro-

Ro get a lot of eastern European lorries (trucks for the cousins) in her. The first class dining saloon could be the drivers' bar. She could chunter up and down to the Isle of Mann in the summer. Lots of possibilities. Could do party trips from Goole, lotsa party people there J.

Gerry and the Pacemakers theme cruises. Des O'Connor and Cliff Richards memorial trips. And on and on and on.

Gari

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Jerry,

I have noticed your posts on a few different sites regarding my organization's plans to create history with Titan, a vessel I envision as the world's largest liner, a ship which will truly carry on the legacy of Titanic for future generations, while assisting many of the world's sick and needy children along the way.

We are a non-profit.

I am working very diligently in recent weeks within my network to see to it that this dream slowly becomes reality, and these efforts are beginning to pay off in many respects.

To inform you, Titan will not be a bank or investment funded project. My network of individuals currently working towards this goal has among them multiple members of some of the wealthiest Americans.

Our goal of raising the initial amount needed to secure full design, and initial construction will be in place by winter 2009-10, and I anticipate that contstruction will indeed take place beginning by mid-2010.

I understand that you may have your doubts, and I can respect your concerns, but the reality of the situation is that this project is moving forward.

I certainly am available to answer personally any questions you may have as this effort continues to gain momentum.

Sincerely,

Joseph Ricker

Chairman

SS Titan Foundation

admin@sstitan.org

quote=Cruise Liner Fan;19485873]Speaking of pipedreams,here is another pipedream http://www.sstitan.org Regards,Jerry

Dear Mr Ricker,

Are you a newly-impoverished MP?

Sir Martin

Cut-price moat cleaning a speciality

Don't go there Sir M - this man is clearly attempting to break into your very own market niche.

By the way, how is your scheme to revive the packet steamer service from Goole to Rotterdam going? I understand you intended to use the revitalised SS United States on the service with a call at Norwich en route.

J

Hello Jerry,

I have noticed your posts on a few different sites regarding my organization's plans to create history with Titan, a vessel I envision as the world's largest liner, a ship which will truly carry on the legacy of Titanic for future generations, while assisting many of the world's sick and needy children along the way.

We are a non-profit.

I am working very diligently in recent weeks within my network to see to it that this dream slowly becomes reality, and these efforts are beginning to pay off in many respects.

To inform you, Titan will not be a bank or investment funded project. My network of individuals currently working towards this goal has among them multiple members of some of the wealthiest Americans.

Our goal of raising the initial amount needed to secure full design, and initial construction will be in place by winter 2009-10, and I anticipate that contstruction will indeed take place beginning by mid-2010.

I understand that you may have your doubts, and I can respect your concerns, but the reality of the situation is that this project is moving forward.

I certainly am available to answer personally any questions you may have as this effort continues to gain momentum.

Sincerely,

Joseph Ricker

Chairman

SS Titan Foundation

admin@sstitan.org

Are you completely insane?

Is it ice-strengthened?

Sir Martin

I believe she isn't but, with the amount of cash you are proposing to chuck around, I don't see that it would be a problem to upgrade her ice class, at least sufficiently to make sure she could cope with any large bits breaking off the Great Yarmouth Ice Shelf.

J

Hello Jerry,

I have noticed your posts on a few different sites regarding my organization's plans to create history with Titan, a vessel I envision as the world's largest liner, a ship which will truly carry on the legacy of Titanic for future generations.

Sincerely,

Joseph Ricker

Chairman

SS Titan Foundation

admin@sstitan.org

quote=Cruise Liner Fan;19485873]Speaking of pipedreams,here is another pipedream http://www.sstitan.org Regards,Jerry

By an amazing coincidence I have this week been approached by several Nigerian gentlemen offering me vast sums of money in exchange for a trifling amount to cover transfer expenses. As I have enough for my immediate needs I will gladly forward details of your bank a/c to them or provide you with their address that you may conclude the deal yourself.

Think nothing of it Old Man.

A Philanthropic Gari

By an amazing coincidence I have this week been approached by several Nigerian gentlemen offering me vast sums of money in exchange for a trifling amount to cover transfer expenses. As I have enough for my immediate needs I will gladly forward details of your bank a/c to them or provide you with their address that you may conclude the deal yourself.

Think nothing of it Old Man.

A Philanthropic Gari

Gari,

I would guess that your chances of getting "vast sums of money" from the Nigerian bank are equal to the chance of this Titan venture being a non-profit organization.

Off to figure out what kind of internet scam I might perpetrate to enhance my now almost defunct retirement fund . . . . .

Gari' date='

I would guess that your chances of getting "vast sums of money" from the Nigerian bank are equal to the chance of this Titan venture being a non-profit organization.

quote']

I am surprised and saddened by your reply Elizabeth, there is far too much cynicism about these days.

Gari

Archived