early saver vs. past cruiser

we don't take our 1st cruise till Sept ..but curious..we're already betting on loving cruising...and looking at cruises for next year...wondering if anybody would know if "typically" which is the cheaper rate..early saver or past cruiser...or will early saver get discounted even more once we become a "past guest"

thanks

Early Saver will likely be cheaper, but it has conditions, some good, some bad ---> read the fine print

Past guest will likely be the next cheapest rate.

You cannot combine the rates. Pick the one which gives the best price....

Don't forget Senior, Military and resident rates (State of residence)..if you qualify for those, military will be the cheapest of all, most likely

thanks for the info...and the quick reply..!!!

You are keeping tabs on your Sept 2009 cruise prices, since you are not at final payment yet, if the rates (any rate you can qualify for) goes lower than what you paid for your cabin class, get a price adjustment.

Early Saver is probably gone now (drops off 5 months before cruise date) but you can still get a price adjustment if you booked Early Saver.

I finally got a GREAT deal because of booking with the Early Saver!

We had two cat 6c OV cabins booked for the June 28th Conquest sailing. I just spent 90 minutes on the phone with Carnival, but we were able to switch to two cat 8D Balcony cabins on the Verandah deck for NO additional cost. In fact, we are also getting OBC for the difference of $50 per cabin added to our account.

I am soooooo excited about this. I'm going to keep watching for any reductions in the 8D cabins now as well. If those prices continue to drop, I'll get more credit. WooHoo!

:eek:

we don't take our 1st cruise till Sept ..but curious..we're already betting on loving cruising...and looking at cruises for next year...wondering if anybody would know if "typically" which is the cheaper rate..early saver or past cruiser...or will early saver get discounted even more once we become a "past guest"

thanks

the Early Saver rate generally looks to be a bit lower than the Past Guest Rate - but be aware, if your are a Past Guest and are booked Early Saver, if a Past Guest rate lower than your current Early Saver Rate is offered, you get that lower rate. ken

Early Saver will likely be cheaper, but it has conditions, some good, some bad ---> read the fine print

Past guest will likely be the next cheapest rate.

You cannot combine the rates. Pick the one which gives the best price....

Don't forget Senior, Military and resident rates (State of residence)..if you qualify for those, military will be the cheapest of all, most likely

If you book early saver you can price match past guest, redisent, military etc. If you know you are going on those dates early saver will be your best bet in the long run because prices tend to drop after final payment is made. Only ES can get those lower rates.

Archived