Port Canaveral

We sailed out of PC last May on the Mariner. It was the easiest boarding ever. The people that work a the terminal are so nice and helpful. We stayed at the Radisson pre-cruise and watched the shuttle launch. I would go out of PC over Miami anyday. Just an fyi... the italian restaurant next door to the Radisson is excellent.

We sailed out of PC last May on the Mariner. It was the easiest boarding ever. The people that work a the terminal are so nice and helpful. We stayed at the Radisson pre-cruise and watched the shuttle launch. I would go out of PC over Miami anyday. Just an fyi... the italian restaurant next door to the Radisson is excellent.
Thanks for the restaurant suggestion.

We enjoyed cruising out of PC. Like previous posters, we flew into Orlando, took a shuttle to PC. We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites. They had a shuttle that took their guests to area restaurants & shopping and in the morning their shuttles took us to the pier for I think about $3 per person. They also had a complimentary breakfast. We could see the ship from our hotel room which was very exciting! I would not hesitate to cruise out of PC again.

Thanks, it all sounds awesome.

Thanks for the restaurant tip!

I love cruising out of PC. I have cruised out of Miami too, but prefer PC. Last year we cruised out of Miami. We drove down. It was such a long drive from Charlotte, NC. to Miami, Florida. The drive to PC is alot better. :) We will be on the Freedom of the Seas June 28. I can wave at all of you sitting at the restaurants since our cabin is on the Starboard side. I think it would be so cool to sit at a restaurant in PC and watch the cruise ships leave.

Last month I read where they had lowed the whole front of the terminal. It was a pretty big modular piece I think.

Thanks for the update....I will have to check into that again....when we were their April 4th there was nothing I could find out or see happening.

I am not sure if this was mentioned, but if you go to the main boards, east coast departures, then Florida departures, there is a thread called " I work in Port Canaveral". It has so much information, and if you search you can find a post that has info on hotels, shuttles, restaurants and the like. It has helped me tremendously.

You can wave at us on Aug. 30 -- we have a starboard balcony facing all the restaurants!!!

Humm maybe I will take the 2 hour drive just to watch you pull out. I have always been on the ship side and not the shore side. This will refresh memories from the July Cruise that we are going on too. :D

If you go to the attached link and read post 5024 I think you will get tons of info. The whole thread has a lot of info, but it is huge. Perhaps you might read the last few pages of this thread too, as info is updated.

We love sailing from Pt Canaveral as it is such an easy drive from our home. Enjoy.

Humm maybe I will take the 2 hour drive just to watch you pull out. I have always been on the ship side and not the shore side. This will refresh memories from the July Cruise that we are going on too. :D
Have sailed out on both sides of the ship and it was cool to be starboard. I think we had a choice of our cabin location on both sides of the ship so we took starboard. However, on an eastern itinerary, we would have chosen port because the portside usually faces St. Thomas harbor which is really pretty.

We've sailed out of PC 3 times and have found it to be very convenient. We always fly in a day early, rent through Avis, and stay at the Marriott Residence Inn. It's a newer, very clean hotel, with a nice breakfast included. They offer a 2 bedroom/2 bath room that works great for us. We have two teen daughters, so the extra bathroom is a Godsend.

Everything is so convenient and close. The drive from the airport in Orlando is a straight shot east. My husband drops us off at the pier with our luggage, returns the car, then shuttles back to meet us. There's a great Cuban restaurant (family owned; very casual) if you drive south on the main drag, past the Radisson -- I think it's called "Robertos."

Archived