9A aft balconies

tommy

Help,We want a 9a wraparound.Looking for the biggest with the most sun.We are considering the Freedom in Oct.

Tom&Deb

We are on the Freedom in 3 weeks and have a 9A wrap on Verandah deck. We had the same cabin on the Splendor and loved it. Very big balcony and lots of sun.

You will be hooked!

We have a 9A wrap for Oct. 24 on the Freedom (Can't wait!! Been booked for over a year now).....if I were you I'd book now if you find one. Those Aft wraps go fast....hopefully you are flexible with your time frame. But out of curiosity I'm not sure what you are asking when you say "help, looking for a 9A wraparound." Are you hoping someone will give theirs up?? LOL.

Ok, we have a 9A on the Freedom booked, 8455. I did a lot of research and this is what I found. Upper deck 6452 and 6483 has a sofa and sleeps 3 . Sometimes noise can be heard from the deck below. Empress Deck 7440 and 7445 has no sofa and can be very quiet because you are between cabins but, the is no true aft balcony because there are 2 more center aft cabins. Verandah 8448 and 8455 have the larges balconys with a area wrapped around to really sit on the aft. Cons are sometimes scraping chairs from the deck above. So I think there are pros and cons for each. I would be afraid to book deck 6 which sleeps 3, even if they would book you. If someone with a party of 3 wants the cabin you could be bumped, but maybe to a suite (which in my opinion is not better than an aft). That is why I book 8455, but everyone has their own opinion. We have been in an aft wrap before on Princess, loved it. Had an aft wrap on the Glory in September booked but got upgraded to a suite, that's how I know the suite is not better.

Help,We want a 9a wraparound.Looking for the biggest with the most sun.We are considering the Freedom in Oct.

Tom&Deb

tommy,

We had 6483 on Freedom last year. Plenty of sun and quite large;

2739058520065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

2753987480065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

View from same location looking the opposite direction. Sorry for the sun glare, it was the first pic I found of that angle;

2738110900065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

tommy,

View from same location looking the opposite direction. Sorry for the sun glare, it was the first pic I found of that angle;

Great Pics! I've added to my gallery of Conquest Class Aft Wraps. Curious, where do they put the third berth? Is it just the sofa? Conquest 6483 is a double occupancy; don't understand why they don't throw a third berth in there and make some more $$$

We have had deck 8 portside on 3 different ships, and 6450 on the Splendor.

Deck 6 has the best balcony, IMO. It's a lot wider. Also, I like the cabin layout of 6 better.

However, the thumping from the lounge is much worse than the deck chairs you'll hear on deck 8. Unfortunately, now that we're a party of 3 when cruising, we're stuck with deck 6 if we want a wrap (except the destiny we were able to get deck 8 with 3, as they have a couch). Deck 8 will be our preference going forward, but we'll probably be stuck with 6 now - have that on the Victory in April.

Thanks for replies.There are several available for our date.We just were not sure which deck offered the most sun,thats what we are looking for.We are debating over deck 6 or deck 8.

Tom

We also had Stateroom 8455 but on the Carnival Liberty. This was back a few months ago in January, 09. It looks exactly like the pic's of the Freedom shown above. It was a great room and an even greater balcony then we expected. We have also booked a 9A Stateroom 8473 on the Dream this coming January. Can't wait for that one. Good luck and Bon Voyage.

Wayne & Debbie

Ok, we have a 9A on the Freedom booked, 8455. I did a lot of research and this is what I found. Upper deck 6452 and 6483 has a sofa and sleeps 3 . Sometimes noise can be heard from the deck below. Empress Deck 7440 and 7445 has no sofa and can be very quiet because you are between cabins but, the is no true aft balcony because there are 2 more center aft cabins. Verandah 8448 and 8455 have the larges balconys with a area wrapped around to really sit on the aft. Cons are sometimes scraping chairs from the deck above. So I think there are pros and cons for each. I would be afraid to book deck 6 which sleeps 3, even if they would book you. If someone with a party of 3 wants the cabin you could be bumped, but maybe to a suite (which in my opinion is not better than an aft). That is why I book 8455, but everyone has their own opinion. We have been in an aft wrap before on Princess, loved it. Had an aft wrap on the Glory in September booked but got upgraded to a suite, that's how I know the suite is not better.

That is EXACTLY, PRECISELY, how I feel on the subject! My TA has a standard order to never upgrade us out of a 9A!

That is EXACTLY, PRECISELY, how I feel on the subject! My TA has a standard order to never upgrade us out of a 9A!

I was contacted first and excepted the upgrade, DH wanted to, I wanted to stay in the aft. But I have to admit, I really liked the large bathroom with the tub.

Great Pics! I've added to my gallery of Conquest Class Aft Wraps. Curious, where do they put the third berth? Is it just the sofa? Conquest 6483 is a double occupancy; don't understand why they don't throw a third berth in there and make some more $$$

ADD Boy,

I'm sorry, I listed the wrong number. The pics are of 6452 which is on the opposite aft. BOTH are triple berth cabins with the third being the couch.

loveJake,

We've had both 6452 and 6483 on Conquest class and noise from below is not an issue in either cabin. 6450 which is an 8A on the port side beside 6452 does have a loud noise issue from below. We've heard the noise from below in 6450 and the noise would prevent us from considering that cabin. While the noise was loud in 6450, we heard absolutely nothing from below in 6452 at the same time. My guess would be the noise travels via the stairwell which creates the L shape of that cabin.

6481 on the opposite side beside 6483 does not have the same noise from below. Our sons were booked in 6481 last June while we had 6483 for two weeks B2B.

We book the aft wrap 9As on Conquest Upper because we need the third berth. On some weeks, the same cabins are listed as double berth. My guess is they do so when families are least likely to cruise. If someone books during those weeks, then a family needing three afterwards could not bump them.

We are booked on the Conquest in 7440, are you saying this is not a very good room to have? :confused:

Deep breath.......It is a perfectly fine cabin to have! If I was given a choice of any aft wrap, my first choice would be deck 8, my second choice would be deck 7 (I've not been on 6 due to the afore mentioned 3 berths issue)

Have a great cruise!

PS, if you are curious, the balconies on deck 8 have some room on the back of the ship, some on the side of the ship and some on the corner. The deck 7 balcony doesn't have the back section. But we've had just as much fun on deck 7 as deck 8!

tommy,

Great Photo's Paul !! Thanks.. I have my first Wrap on the Dream next June of 2010..:)

I have to agree with some of the posters, Veranda deck is the biggest balcony and has a larger cabin then Empress.. We have sailed in the Veranda deck cabin several times and last cruise was in 7440, the balcony was nice but the cabin was smaller then Upper or Veranda. Our friends had the Upper deck 9A nice big cabin but no side to the balcony like the Empress or Veranda. I have a 9A veranda wrap for our Med cruise on the Dream, I would pick Veranda first above all the other 9A's. Linda

We also had Stateroom 8455 but on the Carnival Liberty. This was back a few months ago in January, 09. It looks exactly like the pic's of the Freedom shown above. It was a great room and an even greater balcony then we expected. We have also booked a 9A Stateroom 8473 on the Dream this coming January. Can't wait for that one. Good luck and Bon Voyage.

Wayne & Debbie

That is the cabin that we have booked for the 1/30/2010 sailing of the Dream! You will have to tell me all about it when you return :D.

To the OP.....one word of warning :eek:.... from experience :o .....once you have that balcony there is no going back :rolleyes:. You will be hooked - and it is likely to become your cabin of choice for any future cruises ;).

To the OP.....one word of warning :eek:.... from experience :o .....once you have that balcony there is no going back :rolleyes:. You will be hooked - and it is likely to become your cabin of choice for any future cruises ;).

So true!!!

We've been hearing the rumors of the Magic coming to Galveston, and have been getting excited. However, none of the wraps on the Dream appear to hold 3 people! We're now faced with the dilemma of getting just a regular aft cabin, as they're the only ones that hold 3 back there. :(

Hoping they'll fix that with the Magic!

So true!!!

We've been hearing the rumors of the Magic coming to Galveston, and have been getting excited. However, none of the wraps on the Dream appear to hold 3 people! We're now faced with the dilemma of getting just a regular aft cabin, as they're the only ones that hold 3 back there. :(

Hoping they'll fix that with the Magic!

Well....at least a true aft cabin is not like going back to a regular balcony cabin :o. We could probably handle an aft cabin - but I do not think we could ever go back to a regular OV or balcony cabin :rolleyes:.

• 2 months later...

Travelling with a child who uses scooter. Couldn't get an acessible cabin with Balcony for the Carnival Valor on Dec. 6/09. My son has his heart set on balcony. We also like aft, which we couldn't get either in 8A where we are.

I am thinking of going to 8G . I also like the big balcony of 9A wrap around but was told no past guest rate? :(

I know the price difference is about $90 to upgrade to 8G. Is it worth it. What is the difference to 9A?

Our last cruise we had an aft ocean view on Carnival Imagination. We loved sitting in the window and taking in the scenes...

Are aft rooms worth the extra $$:)

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thank you

Charley -Ann

Our last cruise we had an aft ocean view on Carnival Imagination. We loved sitting in the window and taking in the scenes...

Are aft rooms worth the extra $$ Yes!:)

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thank you

Charley -Ann

If you loved sitting at the window watching, then yes you would love the Aft balcony.

• 4 weeks later...

I am currently booked in 8328 on the destiny for a five night cruise to grand caymans and ocho rios October 24-29. Can u give me any input on this im wanting to make sure i have the best 9a wrap available on this cruise as of now every single one of the wraps are still available so if deck 6 is a better balcony then should i switch , or should i stick with 8 . we are a younger couple who loves to entertain and im a night owl so the noise wont really bother me i just want the best view dont care alot about the inside of the cabin if that were the case i would get a suite but this is my first aft wrap i have always had a balcony so i just want to make sure i get the best 9a wrap balcony i can

thanks for your help

Archived