Flying in to IAH - how much did your luggage cost?

djt529

I am flying in to IAH - flight is with US Air for our cruise on Carnival 6/21 out of Galveston. I researched the prices on the airline's web site but it is hard to figure exactly what I might have to spend since some "oversize" are priced differently.

I'm just trying to get a feel for any females that have flown for an 8 day cruise (or men - don't want to discriminate :)) on how much they spent. I realize I should pack lighter, but I'll probably end up with one bag of just shoes!

The last time we cruised we went out of NY and we were able to drive there. We had about 7 bags, some well oversized.

Can anyone give me a feel? Just trying to have some form of a dollar amount in my head and my budget.

Thanks!

We got back from Miami on the Freedom a couple of weeks ago. We flew AA and I was worried sick about the luggage. Both husband and I had large bags (26 or 28") and stuffed to the gills. We got to the counter and both were under weight by 6 and 7 pounds! We had carry on too and I thought if either bag was over the limit then I could shove stuff in the carryon. No worries! Coming home I was thinking the same thing...nah!

Archived