Stingray Adventure at Half Moon Cay

Akchica8616

I would not do the sting rays at HMC. They are very confined and did not look very healthy to me. We watched some people doing the excursion and it did not look too fun. We had been in Grand Turk the day before and did the Reef and Rays tour. The rays there were amazing! The rays in the wild were much better looking and more active than the ones at HMC. If you are going to GT you should consider looking into it. HMC has a lot of beauty and other actvities to offer that don't cost money. If you really eanted to see the rays I would just take the 10-15 minute walk to their area and watch. In my opinion it is not worth the money there. Have fun!

Kreeker, it is a walk but not very far. You should be there all day right? There is lots of time for drinks and food (all brought on to the island from the ship). Also, there aren't many shops there on the island.

Personally I hated doing the stingray adventure. My DH and I did it on our Honeymoon a few years ago and it freaked me out. I wouldn't consider myself sqeamish (SP?), but swimming w/ those things was just weird! And then you can feed them and that was even more freaky to me. To each his own, but the stingrays freaked me out!

Can you tell that I am still freaked out by them? I used the term freaked out 3 times!

Although I haven't done stingrays at HMC, my son just returned from his cruise today & did the tour with his girlfriend. He has also done it at Grand Cayman. Although the stingrays are not out in the wild (he described it as an area with a net around around it), he said they had a lot of fun. They transported you there & it was only $25.00 each. He said some people were freaked out by them but hearing people's comments & seeing their reactions was part of the fun.

Archived