Caribbean Princess Gym Question

JulesNJ

Hello everyone!

As mentioned in a previous post, my fiance and I will be taking our first ever cruise on the Caribbean Princess in August.

I hear that the ship has a gym on board and that fitness classes are also offered?

I'd love to know more about the gym and the classes. Is the gym usually busy? Do they have a wide selection of weight machines and cardio equipment? Any great classes I should know about? What are your thoughts on their gym?

I'd also love to hear about your spa experiences on the CP.

Thanks everyone!

Got off the CB in April and I used the gym every day and although I saw the floor set up for "classes" I never saw any participation. It is a nice facility with towels and water available. It's at the front of the ship so be mindful of wear the sun is if you plan on using the treadmills as they are in the window at the front of the ship. Donna

First off, congratulations to you and your fiance!

The CP has a gym at the back of the ship that's equipped with cardio machines, free weights, weight machines, etc. They do also offer classes but there is a nominal fee for some (such as yoga and pilates...if I remember correctly). The equipment was in good shape and had a decent selection - treadmills, elliiptical machines, stationary bikes. There were freeweights at the front and standard weight machines.

My husband and I would typically work out early morning or mid-afternoon so we didn't find the gym terribly busy. Of course, I'm guessing it would depend on the group of passengers and how physically active they are.

All in all, a decent gym. Great way to burn off all the extra poundage gained from eating too much food!

Firstly, to try to avoid confusion for you in the future, your post states you are going on the Caribbean Princess, but you use the abbreviation CP. That is incorrect. The correct abbreviation for the Caribbean Princess is CB. I know it's confusing, just didn't want to see you getting lots of answers that aren't relevant to your ship.

On the Caribbean Princess the gym is in the far front of the ship. We traveled over Easter Break and I still rarely waited for any machine. The tread mills have individual TV's attached to them, so bring your own ear plugs to watch the station of your choosing.

I would also highly recommend you participate in the 5K walk for the cure. I started doing this on HAL and now princess offers it also. Great time, and worthy cause. Not sure what day it will be offered on your trip, but someone with Patters will know.

I have several photos of the gym and its equipment on my signature line if you are interested.

Have fun........ she's a beautiful ship!

Cheryl :)

I stand corrected - the gym is at the FRONT and should be CB rather than CP (I'm new to this so the lingo takes some getting used to).

On a side note, I found it really interesting to be running on the treadmill while looking out over the window and seeing the water . Sorta like running on water? LOL.

On the Caribbean Princess the gym is in the far front of the ship. We traveled over Easter Break and I still rarely waited for any machine. The tread mills have individual TV's attached to them, so bring your own ear plugs to watch the station of your choosing.

Will regular Ipod earphones work with these?

Will regular Ipod earphones work with these?

Yes, any standard ear phone will work. I came back and showed my photos to the manager of the gym I go to. I'd really like to see them put an investment in these. Each person can watch their own television show. On princess, one of the channels was a movie channel. I watched a movie, walked 45 minutes and didn't even realize it. I thought it was really cool, but my friends all say I'm easily entertained :). You can see pictures of the TV's attached to cardio equipment on my signature link.

PS: They will also loan you earphones, but I've never been a huge fan of bowworing ear plugs.

Enjoy!

If you use the gym on the CB be warned you cant use the treadmills until after 8 am. We had the rooms directly below the gym and from 8am until 8pm our room would shake from people using the treadmill. One morning someone got on the treadmill at 7:30 and after 10minutes they were kicked off. but with all the food on board i can understand the want to use the gym.:)

Firstly, to try to avoid confusion for you in the future, your post states you are going on the Caribbean Princess, but you use the abbreviation CP. That is incorrect. The correct abbreviation for the Caribbean Princess is CB. I know it's confusing, just didn't want to see you getting lots of answers that aren't relevant to your ship.

Thank you so much for pointing that out! I have been throwing around CB all over the place LOL! You can tell I am a newbie :)

Is there still a running track, or just the treadmills? I heard they removed the track during her dry dock...

Sadly, the track and mini-golf are both gone. Replaced by the revenue generating sanctuary.

Jules: No problem, the abbreviations are tricky..... I made the same mistake myself :)

Cheryl

Archived