Oahu & BI questions

gram4haley

Post cruise in Oahu --Has anyone visited Hawaii Plantation Village in Waipahu? Is it interesting? (We are baby boomers.) If I plan to visit Pearl Harbor in the morning, will I have enough time to visit most or all of HPV in the afternoon?

We have a day at Kailua-Kona on the Big Island. I have a car rented there. Shopping is not a priority for us. We do not like active sports, but we love to experience the culture and see nature. We probably would only spend an hour or two on a beach. I know we want to visit a coffee plantation. Are there any "must see" things to do around Kona.

I cannot speak for the HPV, but if you want to try to do two things in one day, you must try and get to Pearl as early as possible. There are so many threads on this site about PH, the do's and do nots, but the main thing is to get there early and secure a ticket for an early tour. Then it depends on what else you want to do or see at PH??. If you are going just to see the Arizona Memorial, then you should be out of there by noon. If you want to view the other ships there, and I would definately recommend seeing the Missiouri, add another couple of hours.

And did I say arrive EARLY at PH. There is no telling how many others might be thinking the exact same thing you are for that same day.

Archived