Anyone who had been deaf cruise

I was telling my friend about deaf cruise by USA organising it...

My deaf friend is not sure about it...

I would love to hear anyone who had been on deaf cruise - please feed back like trip report?

thanks

Scottishwee35

I was telling my friend about deaf cruise by USA organising it...

My deaf friend is not sure about it...

I would love to hear anyone who had been on deaf cruise - please feed back like trip report?

thanks

Scottishwee35

Hello my Husband and I ( we are both deaf) are going on NCL Pride Of America on 7-25-09 and it is with the Deaf Cruise . I can help with the feedbacks after I am done with my Cruise .This is our first cruise ! :)

Hello my Husband and I ( we are both deaf) are going on NCL Pride Of America on 7-25-09 and it is with the Deaf Cruise . I can help with the feedbacks after I am done with my Cruise .This is our first cruise ! :)

Hello Pink Me Up

That is great if you do the feedbacks as I believe that it is Hawaii...

We had been on 4th cruising with hearing people and we love it so much as we are deaf family apart from hearing son...we had two interpreters...

I told my friend about Med next year with deaf cruising and she is not sure about deaf cruising and I thought worthing to try because she is single and lonely!!... as we already booked with disney cruise next year...

I am sure you will enjoy the cruising...

Scottishwee35

Hello Pink Me Up

That is great if you do the feedbacks as I believe that it is Hawaii...

We had been on 4th cruising with hearing people and we love it so much as we are deaf family apart from hearing son...we had two interpreters...

I told my friend about Med next year with deaf cruising and she is not sure about deaf cruising and I thought worthing to try because she is single and lonely!!... as we already booked with disney cruise next year...

I am sure you will enjoy the cruising...

Scottishwee35

Yes , That is correct . It is for Hawaii with the Deaf Cruise . I see that you are planning on TWO cruises in the future ! Wow ! :cool: I wish we had planned for more cruises ! Oh well .... one at a time for now since we are celebrating our 25th Anniversary to go on NCL Pride of America. I see that Our Deaf Cruise is working on the upcoming cruise to the Meditterean in 2010 ....that is the one I have been wanting to go !!! :D They have not yet update more information on that cruise . Also , my dream cruise is to EGYPT !!! YIKES !!! My husband frown on that !! :( (money issue) Yes, I will give you our feedbacks after we cruise. You been on 4 cruises ? What was the other 2 cruises that you went with and where ? I am so glad to find other deaf cruisers here on this blog !! ;)

I want to go but I don't have the money. They should have an essay contest for poor students like me to get a scholarship for the cruise! I would much rather win that!

Yeah , That would be so nice if there is such thing as that out there somewheres. :):) I guess to make it happen , somebody need to start setting up and get some donatations to the scholarship funds for that to make it just as that you wished for ! Have you tried to google that ? It would be remarkable to win an essay with some odds of winning it !! Yikes !! Hope you dont suffer from block writing !! :eek:

Yes , That is correct . It is for Hawaii with the Deaf Cruise . I see that you are planning on TWO cruises in the future ! Wow ! :cool: I wish we had planned for more cruises ! Oh well .... one at a time for now since we are celebrating our 25th Anniversary to go on NCL Pride of America. I see that Our Deaf Cruise is working on the upcoming cruise to the Meditterean in 2010 ....that is the one I have been wanting to go !!! :D They have not yet update more information on that cruise . Also , my dream cruise is to EGYPT !!! YIKES !!! My husband frown on that !! :( (money issue) Yes, I will give you our feedbacks after we cruise. You been on 4 cruises ? What was the other 2 cruises that you went with and where ? I am so glad to find other deaf cruisers here on this blog !! ;)

hi

Erm we had been crusing with disney cruise for 3 times and love it...

At first, Florida then Med 07 then Panana Canal last year it was so awesome...

We had two interpreter at first cruise then we had twice same interpreters on Med 07 and Panama.... It was Jennyer and Brian both from Orlando and Tampa... lovely people...

then we booked Baltic cruise with disney cruise again but due to bad ecomoics here in UK as exchange for dollar money became very poor during we came back from Panama Canal cruise... we were shocking to see people had laid off (pay off in uk) etc and we decide to change the cruising to Dover to Barcleona as we are from Scottish can get the train down to Dover in UK....

Freedom of the seas for my special birthday as I will be 50th in 2011 as I always want try RCCI ....as my kids will be 14 and 11 that times but we just find out about deaf cruse in Med 2010... oh damn as we have booked with disney cruise.... maybe another time ...who know? maybe just two of us???

Like I was saying that you will enjoy the cruising and will go back again just like us....

Congratulations on your 25 th Anniversary....

Scottishwee35

hi

Erm we had been crusing with disney cruise for 3 times and love it...

At first, Florida then Med 07 then Panana Canal last year it was so awesome...

We had two interpreter at first cruise then we had twice same interpreters on Med 07 and Panama.... It was Jennyer and Brian both from Orlando and Tampa... lovely people...

then we booked Baltic cruise with disney cruise again but due to bad ecomoics here in UK as exchange for dollar money became very poor during we came back from Panama Canal cruise... we were shocking to see people had laid off (pay off in uk) etc and we decide to change the cruising to Dover to Barcleona as we are from Scottish can get the train down to Dover in UK....

Freedom of the seas for my special birthday as I will be 50th in 2011 as I always want try RCCI ....as my kids will be 14 and 11 that times but we just find out about deaf cruse in Med 2010... oh damn as we have booked with disney cruise.... maybe another time ...who know? maybe just two of us???

Like I was saying that you will enjoy the cruising and will go back again just like us....

Congratulations on your 25 th Anniversary....

Scottishwee35

I am curious , You said you gone on a cruise to the Mediterrean . Which ship was that one ? What was your Mediterrean itinerary ? Did you enjoyed this ship and the itinerary ? Did you have to hire the interpreters ? I think it is cool to have interpreters there to help . :)

Oh boy talk about being a BIG 50 coming up on your cruise !! That is a big bang for your golden Birthday ! :cool: Enjoy all your future cruises ! :)

I am curious , You said you gone on a cruise to the Mediterrean . Which ship was that one ? What was your Mediterrean itinerary ? Did you enjoyed this ship and the itinerary ? Did you have to hire the interpreters ? I think it is cool to have interpreters there to help . :)

Oh boy talk about being a BIG 50 coming up on your cruise !! That is a big bang for your golden Birthday ! :cool: Enjoy all your future cruises ! :)

We went to Med 2007 with Disney Cruise. it was Palmero, Olbia, Naples, Rome, Villafranche, la Sepzia (Florence), Barcelona.. It was so awesome and I would love to do it again.... Oh yes, I enjoyed the cruise and loved it... My mother and father in law came with us last mins as fil didn't want to come but after that he loved it and want to do it again... they might come with us next year because they cannot go to Florida or US as the reason of their health...

Disney Cruise provides us two interpreters as their sign (ASL) different from us but we get on well.. good laugh too...

About my 50th:cool::cool: lol

Have you find anyone who is going on your cruise? Have y try roll member to see anyone? Do you know anyone on the Cruise? Don't worry you will be fine...

Scottishwee35

• 2 weeks later...
We went to Med 2007 with Disney Cruise. it was Palmero, Olbia, Naples, Rome, Villafranche, la Sepzia (Florence), Barcelona.. It was so awesome and I would love to do it again.... Oh yes, I enjoyed the cruise and loved it... My mother and father in law came with us last mins as fil didn't want to come but after that he loved it and want to do it again... they might come with us next year because they cannot go to Florida or US as the reason of their health...

Disney Cruise provides us two interpreters as their sign (ASL) different from us but we get on well.. good laugh too...

About my 50th:cool::cool: lol

Have you find anyone who is going on your cruise? Have y try roll member to see anyone? Do you know anyone on the Cruise? Don't worry you will be fine...

Scottishwee35

We have another married deaf couple coming with us and We would like to meet more deafies on this Cruise Critic websites so far you are the first that We have found ! :) I found others regular Cruisers on my roll call but We have not found any other deafies on that roll call . We will meet more deafies when we get on the cruise anyways . Have you checked out the other cruise websites ? I go to www.cruisemates.com sometimes but I like the Cruise Critic the best .

We have another married deaf couple coming with us and We would like to meet more deafies on this Cruise Critic websites so far you are the first that We have found ! :) I found others regular Cruisers on my roll call but We have not found any other deafies on that roll call . We will meet more deafies when we get on the cruise anyways . Have you checked out the other cruise websites ? I go to www.cruisemates.com sometimes but I like the Cruise Critic the best .

Hello Pink Me Up

Woo hoo, you found another married deaf couple are coming on your cruise...:) We love to join in but not this time as I would love to see Hawaii...:p

thank for giving me www.cruisemates.com and I will have a look at it...as I love reading cruisecritic

As I am on roll of Freedom of the Seas as no one join yet oh well, as the ship is filling in (nearly full)... already as it is for April 2011 which is far ahead unbelieveable...

Also I received information about deaf cruise in New Year which look good but we cannot make it...

Scottishwee35;)

I am not Deaf but my sister is. She has been on a cruise or two. I don't think they had an interpreter, but I don't think they notified the Cruiseline that they were deaf. They went as a small group (6-10 people) and did most things together.

I think if you notify the Cruise Line, they will do what they can to help you. Not only do most of them provide interpreter(s), but you also can get vibrating/light-activated alarm clocks, etc.

One idea I was thinking of --- you may know that there are often Cruise Critic parties sponsored by the cruiseline. If there is a group of 25 people or more that sign up to a Roll call. If your 'Deaf Group' has a similar size group, you might be able to get a cruiseline-sponsored party. Officers would likely attend, an interpreter would likely be available to interpret statements by the officers, and the Cruiseline usually supplies light snacks and drinks.

Good luck with organizing a group online.

Nancy

I am not Deaf but my sister is. She has been on a cruise or two. I don't think they had an interpreter, but I don't think they notified the Cruiseline that they were deaf. They went as a small group (6-10 people) and did most things together.

I think if you notify the Cruise Line, they will do what they can to help you. Not only do most of them provide interpreter(s), but you also can get vibrating/light-activated alarm clocks, etc.

One idea I was thinking of --- you may know that there are often Cruise Critic parties sponsored by the cruiseline. If there is a group of 25 people or more that sign up to a Roll call. If your 'Deaf Group' has a similar size group, you might be able to get a cruiseline-sponsored party. Officers would likely attend, an interpreter would likely be available to interpret statements by the officers, and the Cruiseline usually supplies light snacks and drinks.

Good luck with organizing a group online.

Nancy

Hi Nancy ,

Thanks for your post , please have your deaf sister check this website

www.deafcruise.com and you can also "google " the deaf cruises . There are more Deaf Cruises out there if you check on google . Maybe Scottishwee35 know of other deaf cruise websites ? I know there is other website but cant remember the the name of the other one.

• 3 months later...
Hi Nancy ,

Thanks for your post , please have your deaf sister check this website

www.deafcruise.com and you can also "google " the deaf cruises . There are more Deaf Cruises out there if you check on google . Maybe Scottishwee35 know of other deaf cruise websites ? I know there is other website but cant remember the the name of the other one.

HEY PINK ME UP

How was your cruise last July? I would love to know about it...:p

Please let me know:rolleyes:

Thanks

I had been trying contact you at your private email but cannot get it that why...

Scottishwee35:)

• 11 months later...

Archived