RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

I know many people have seen me on the boards supporting our tours with Romeinlimo over the many years we have used them. We have customized every single day we've booked. Jany has done everything in the most professional way, our Romeinlimo drivers are fantastic, and we see more of Italy than we ever possibly could without them. Both my husband and I, our kids, their friends, my friends and I, and other couples we have traveled to Italy with have all used Romeinlimo multiple times, have met many drivers, have just never once considered using another tour company since the first year we met Duman and his RomeinlimoTour experts. We have also been rescued by Romeinlimo here and there, including this past April when we (my traveling friend) lost a backpack of jewelry and expensive souvenirs at the hotel (post cruise), didn't realize it till we got inside the airport, and between Duman, the Albergo Del Senato hotel staff and two additional drivers, MIRACULOUSLY got that backpack hand delivered to us before we got on our flight. Needless to say, the stress level that day was incredible, but Romeinlimo went above and beyond to solve a huge, bad problem. After more than 18 days of touring over time with Romeinlimo and staff on individually planned itineraries just for our specifications, you can see where I am going with my fan page :) Enjoy! We are working on the next trip--wish Romeinlimo covered every country in EU, would be so easy to plan!

We have also been rescued by Romeinlimo here and there, including this past April when we (my traveling friend) lost a backpack of jewelry and expensive souvenirs at the hotel (post cruise), didn't realize it till we got inside the airport, and between Duman, the Albergo Del Senato hotel staff and two additional drivers, MIRACULOUSLY got that backpack hand delivered to us before we got on our flight. Needless to say, the stress level that day was incredible, but Romeinlimo went above and beyond to solve a huge, bad problem.

THIS is at least part of why that RIL will ALWAYS be who we will work with for our transfers/tours etc when in Italy. They go above and beyond and it is wonderful to have a company that you can put your faith and trust in.

We've had great luck using RIL each time we've been in Italy. We're currently trying to decide where to cruise this summer and, while we're exploring lots of destinations, my DW always says we should consider returning to Italy because of the great times we've had when we've used RIL. As others have said, Jany is great to work with. Over the years I've always told my CC friends that traveling with Rome in Limo is like traveling with a long lost family member. Their drivers love their country and are excited about showing it to visitors. Any more, wherever we cruise, I exclusively use guides and drivers that I find here on Cruise Critic. This is where I first heard of RIL many years ago. We've never been sorry about the recommendation!

Edited by BigGuy25

Thank you to all of you who have shared your wonderful experiences with Rome in Limos....They convinced me to book with them for all 3 ports while we are visiting Italy on the Celebrity Equinox - April 30, 2013 sailing....

I have set up a Group and are hoping others will join us on this great adventure! I have posted the info on our Roll Call...

http://www.romeinlimotoursharing.com/

5/2/13 - Pisa & Florence

5/3/13 - Rome Highlights

5/4/13 - Pompeii, Sorrento & Positano

Group Name: North - "Equinox Explorers"

I am scouring these boards to find information to make the most out of all of our Ports since this is our first Mediterrean Cruise...

If anyone has any tips or advice to "customize" these tours, I would love to hear them! :D

Edited by Jinx71

I have customized my tours with Romeinlimo for the past 3 years. Previous Med cruises I kind of went with their standard private tours, so these past few cruises, I needed to switch it up a bit. They are very good with adapting to what you want to do.

The first step in customizing something with them is figuring out what you really want to see... if different that what is written in their tour description. I think if you want to change it up, you should have some idea of what you want to do.

For example, last time in Rome I shared the private tour with a few people I met on my Roll Call (easy easy to do) and I had been to Rome so many times that I actually had the driver leave me and my mom in front of the Pantheon and the van continued on with the other 4 people to do something I didnt' really want to do.

If you want to see the Vatican (which I highly suggest if you haven't been) and you would rather spend more time there instead of packing your day with other sites... just tell them the sites you are wanting to focus on. They will adapt to what you want.. IF you know what you want. Do a bit of research on the areas you are visiting and see what interests you the most.

If you are going to Florence, and I assume you are... I would TOTALLY suggest an appointment to see the David. Even if you aren't into museums, seeing Michelangelo's David is just incredible. And it's fast too if you have a reservation.

Enjoy!!!! You'll love your time with Romeinlimo.

I have customized my tours with Romeinlimo for the past 3 years. Previous Med cruises I kind of went with their standard private tours, so these past few cruises, I needed to switch it up a bit. They are very good with adapting to what you want to do.

The first step in customizing something with them is figuring out what you really want to see... if different that what is written in their tour description. I think if you want to change it up, you should have some idea of what you want to do.

For example, last time in Rome I shared the private tour with a few people I met on my Roll Call (easy easy to do) and I had been to Rome so many times that I actually had the driver leave me and my mom in front of the Pantheon and the van continued on with the other 4 people to do something I didnt' really want to do.

If you want to see the Vatican (which I highly suggest if you haven't been) and you would rather spend more time there instead of packing your day with other sites... just tell them the sites you are wanting to focus on. They will adapt to what you want.. IF you know what you want. Do a bit of research on the areas you are visiting and see what interests you the most.

If you are going to Florence, and I assume you are... I would TOTALLY suggest an appointment to see the David. Even if you aren't into museums, seeing Michelangelo's David is just incredible. And it's fast too if you have a reservation.

Thank You, hylasgirl!

Plan on sticking with the basics but might try to add a little diversion (wine tasting anyone?)...Yes, we are def going to have a little meet and greet with David...We also booked a guide for both Pompeii and the Vatican...It's going to be a busy 3 days but we can sleep and recuperate on a sea day! :D

Thank You, hylasgirl!

Plan on sticking with the basics but might try to add a little diversion (wine tasting anyone?)...Yes, we are def going to have a little meet and greet with David...We also booked a guide for both Pompeii and the Vatican...It's going to be a busy 3 days but we can sleep and recuperate on a sea day! :D

Wine tasting outside of Florence was amazing. But, on the other hand, for a first trip, you'll have so mcuh to see! That is great on the guides. I had toured several years without one and then we took our children and my mother (her first time) in 2009 so I hired a guide for everyone. It was easier on me... and it was BY FAR worth every penny.

You'll be busy, but the sightseeing in Europe is so engaging that I think you tolerate the schedule better. Plus, the private van/driver helps a ton :D

Have a great time!

Wow - thank you for an excellant report. All I now need is at least two more people to join us in Rome on the 17 May so we don't need to cancel :(.

We do have 8 people for Florence/Pisa though I am glad to say.

Thank you for your report :)

I find it very very hard to believe that ANY company can compare to or beat Rome in Limo! WOW, they are WONDERFUL! Now, don't get me wrong.. if I feel something I pay for or order is not right, I am not afraid to give negative feedback where deserved. But in the case of Rome in Limo, my husband and I cannot say enough good things! They are awesome!

Jany and Duman are super and will help you organize any tours you wish to have. We had Rome in Limo for two days of our 7 days trip... wow, I wish we had used them more! They absolutely MADE our trip the fabulous time it was! We booked FIRST, then got others to join us... don't worry-- people will join you! Even if not, you will spend less $$$ for a more fabulous time than the Ship's very expensive (and inflexible) tours.

Rome in Limo is the MOST EXCELLENT tour company EVER! I highly recommend them...... I would never say this if it was not true... They will be flexible, have so much experience, and will help you determine when./how/where to go. Whenever my hubby and I reminisce about Italy and our Europe trip, so many times our best memories come down to what we did with Rome in Limo (not that the other parts were bad).... We had a fun time seeing the Amalfi Coast (without RIL), and kept saying to ourselves "How much better would this have been if we had used RIL for this part of the trip. Ship’s tours are “okay”, but they cost way more, and have no flexibility—with Rome in Limo, if you see something you want to examine, your driver will stop, unlike the ship’s tour buses. And the Limos can get you much closer to your destination.

I think I will have to rob a bank or win the lottery this week... I hope, as I SO want to go back to Italy-- and this time around, I would use Rome in Limo for everything! They are so trustworthy, great, excellent and worth every penny (altho they are very reasonable compared to the ship's tours). Good luck finding people to share your tour-- you WILL! Most people just wait til the last minute.. but if you are smart, you will reserve now and have things all worked out for your own desires/needs.

Thanks.. Sher near Seattle ;)

We used two different tour companies in Italy and both were fabulous. Obviously being an RIL thread I won't post the name here but they certainly do exist.

I agree.. there are other companies. We used another company our first trip to Italy and it was certainly satisfactory. BUT all our trips thereafter we were so happy we found Rome In Limo. Our experiences with Rome In Limo over the last several years have been just amazing. I must say this is the best company to book your tours with. Duman and Jany are so professional and easy to deal with. Each driver we've had made our day a very special one.

We've done ship tours in the past but once we started booking private tours, there was just never any reason to go on another ship tour when Rome in Limo can guarantee you a day you'll never forget... such wonderful experiences!

Now to just talk my DH into another Italy trip :D

Debordo

I find it very very hard to believe that ANY company can compare to or beat Rome in Limo! WOW, they are WONDERFUL! Now, don't get me wrong.. if I feel something I pay for or order is not right, I am not afraid to give negative feedback where deserved. But in the case of Rome in Limo, my husband and I cannot say enough good things! They are awesome!

Jany and Duman are super and will help you organize any tours you wish to have. We had Rome in Limo for two days of our 7 days trip... wow, I wish we had used them more! They absolutely MADE our trip the fabulous time it was! We booked FIRST, then got others to join us... don't worry-- people will join you! Even if not, you will spend less $$$ for a more fabulous time than the Ship's very expensive (and inflexible) tours.

Rome in Limo is the MOST EXCELLENT tour company EVER! I highly recommend them...... I would never say this if it was not true... They will be flexible, have so much experience, and will help you determine when./how/where to go. Whenever my hubby and I reminisce about Italy and our Europe trip, so many times our best memories come down to what we did with Rome in Limo (not that the other parts were bad).... We had a fun time seeing the Amalfi Coast (without RIL), and kept saying to ourselves "How much better would this have been if we had used RIL for this part of the trip. Ship’s tours are “okay”, but they cost way more, and have no flexibility—with Rome in Limo, if you see something you want to examine, your driver will stop, unlike the ship’s tour buses. And the Limos can get you much closer to your destination.

I think I will have to rob a bank or win the lottery this week... I hope, as I SO want to go back to Italy-- and this time around, I would use Rome in Limo for everything! They are so trustworthy, great, excellent and worth every penny (altho they are very reasonable compared to the ship's tours). Good luck finding people to share your tour-- you WILL! Most people just wait til the last minute.. but if you are smart, you will reserve now and have things all worked out for your own desires/needs.

CThanks.. Sher near Seattle

I absolutely agree with Sher. RILretrieved a camera I left behind in the van during our Florence tour that had 10 days of cruise pictures. A RIL representative literally passed the camera through the window of the car we were in (driven by RIL) as we arrived at the Rome airport to head home four days later. I thought I would never see the camera again, but RIL is honest and will go out of their way to help. I'm not sure any other tour company would give that kind of service!

We are looking at RIL to book our transfers and tours in Rome. There is so many positives. A couple questions. How can we contact Jany? Has anyone booked a precruise package with transfers, tours and hotel through RIL? Is this a good way to go about it?

We are looking at RIL to book our transfers and tours in Rome. There is so many positives. A couple questions. How can we contact Jany? Has anyone booked a precruise package with transfers, tours and hotel through RIL? Is this a good way to go about it?

If you go to the Rome in Limo website, you will see how to contact them.

Didn't know they had hotel bookings. Just make sure there isn't a mark up. More likely you can do better on your own.

I am another very happy person to have found Romeinlimo. They made my trip to Italy the best, the drivers are all so wonderful and so informed. We would never have been able to see and do the things on our own that they showed us. Jany is just the best at working with and will help you with what ever you need or any questions you might have. Their response to questions is very prompt, I swear she doesn't sleep. I would not hesitate to hire this company they are the best in my opinion and you will surely get your money's worth with them. They make you feel like family

Rome in Limo was great for me too! Jany is so patient, with my zillion and one questions! I was so worried and I did not need to. I recommend them to everyone I know going to Rome (or Pompeii).!!!!!

They even send me birthday greetings!

We did get in contact with them and let them know we wanted to go one the all day tour and to and from the port. I was surprised they offered us no discount after everything I have read on this thread. There are 4 of us going.

We did get in contact with them and let them know we wanted to go one the all day tour and to and from the port. I was surprised they offered us no discount after everything I have read on this thread. There are 4 of us going.

Are you getting there on a cruise? If so, see if you can get other people from your cruise to join you. I've done that several times. Saves some money.

Their website has all contact information on it. Jany is incredible with communicating. I've not seen anyone better and I have worked with a TON of private tour companies. I don't think she ever sleeps :)

We were on an RIL excursion with fellow Cruisers out of Livorno last August and had a fantastic day visiting Pisa, onto Florence and then onto a Vineyard arranged that morning at the request of wine lovers with Us, who have since become firm friends across the Seas.

The day was excellent and well organised in terms of safety and communication regards location & timings for drop off/pick up, information and flexibility for the day...all completed with good time back to the Ship on time.

There were 8 of Us in the clean, airy Van and it created a nice, fun atmosphere especially after Lunch with the wine flowing....not the Driver of course !!

We can recommend RIL with confidence and proof of the pudding...we have booked their Rome excursion for our next cruise in May.

We've done the precruise package with transfers and it worked out great. As mentioned contact Jany thru their website. She'll respond right away. Great company. I've used them several times and will again.

We found Rome In Limo through our cruise thread and checked into it. Boy were we glad we did! My sister was having difficulty walking and having booked through Rome In Limo was a g_d send. We didn't have to worry about holding up a tour bus. We could stay in a particular place as long as we wanted. They really went above and beyond for us. In Rome, we even got to tour the catacombs which the shore excursions don't even offer! At the Vatican Rome In Limo hooked us up with a personal guide. She stood in line and when she was near the ticket booth we were dropped off and walked right in and bought our tickets. No standing in line. She took us around explaining what we were seeing as we went. Really impressive! In fact, we were also able to get our tickets for the coliseum at a lesser known ticket booth and walked right on in. Have you seen the lines to get in?

We took this cruise for our 30th wedding anniversary and this was the first time we did private tours. We used Rome In Limo for three of our ports. We never regretted that decision and you won't either.

Rome In Limo has truly spoiled us!

We found Rome In Limo through our cruise thread and checked into it. Boy were we glad we did! My sister was having difficulty walking and having booked through Rome In Limo was a g_d send. We didn't have to worry about holding up a tour bus. We could stay in a particular place as long as we wanted. They really went above and beyond for us. In Rome, we even got to tour the catacombs which the shore excursions don't even offer! At the Vatican Rome In Limo hooked us up with a personal guide. She stood in line and when she was near the ticket booth we were dropped off and walked right in and bought our tickets. No standing in line. She took us around explaining what we were seeing as we went. Really impressive! In fact, we were also able to get our tickets for the coliseum at a lesser known ticket booth and walked right on in. Have you seen the lines to get in?

We took this cruise for our 30th wedding anniversary and this was the first time we did private tours. We used Rome In Limo for three of our ports. We never regretted that decision and you won't either.

Rome In Limo has truly spoiled us!

We saw so much more than we ever expected by working with Rome In Limo. The catacombs were also one of our highlights which I am sure we would not have had a chance to see that first trip with the limited time we had, but RIL made it possible!! Great company!:)