RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

We have used them on several tours over a week plus pick up at the airport and transfer to the port. We cannot say enough good things abouts the service this Company has provided.

We are on their list again this year to pick up at the airport, transfer to our hotel and to the port as well. We highly recommend them and Jany is a miracle maker!

Have a wonderful tour (s) and a great cruise!

Faith

Another question???

Has anyone done the 5 hour tour from your Rome hotel to the cruise port. Jany suggested this to me. What did you see?? Was it worth it???

Also, who has done the Amalfi coast tour without Pompeii??? What did you see and was it worth it?? It is a full 9 hour day.

Thanks

Cheryl

The 5 hr. tour will make good use of your time. You can tell them what you want to see and do.

For Amalfi we used Sorrento Silver Star. We had a 9 hour tour without Pompeii. They too will arrange the day to meet your requests. We had originally booked with them for a tour out of the port of Naples. After boarding, we learned Naples was being droppped and Salerno would be our port of call. The front desk of the Noordam placed a call to Sorrento Silver Star for me. Lucia Davies, wonderful contact at Sorrento Silver Star, immediately put me at ease....no problem....they would be able to give us a more indepth tour because there would be less driving from Salerno. We went to Amalfi, Positano, and Ravello (not to be missed). Our driver made many requested stops along the way for photos, fruit, walks, shopping (this was at the bottom of our list). There is a beach in Positano where you could take a swim. Positano is also the place to shop if that is your focus. We had plenty of walking time in each village. Plenty of time to see all the points of interest. There are several workshops, wood and pottery, along the route that are stops made only if you wish. The views and setting is what is most impressive. Cartello took us to a small hill side restaurant for lunch directly across from Ravello. What a view from the open air dining room! We had a view of Ravello as well as the steep hill side all the way down to the coast line and beyond. The food was excellent and reasonable. This restaurant and Ravello are not places bus tours can get to. Cartello, our driver, was born and live his entire life in this area. He spoke English well; was an excellent and safe driver(much appreciated); professional in every way; friendly and anxious to share information about this beautiful location. We had an a/c Mercedes van that accomodated 8 passengers comfortably. Lucia phoned to speak with me mid-afternoon to make sure we were pleased and enjoying our day. I will definitely use them again for Amalfi area, Sorrento, or Naples area. They aim to please and their rates are reasonable. ****************************

We just returned from fantastic tours with Romeinlimo in three ports: Pisa/Florence, Rome and Naples. Our drivers were prompt, courteous, knowledgeable and fun! We wouldn't change a thing. In Florence we had David as our driver, in Rome it was Francesco and in Naples, Carmine. Each was a native of the area and proudly showed us "their city." The vans were very clean, new and non-smoking. Don't hesitate to use this company as they are far superior to the tours offered by the cruise lines. as far as tipping goes, we went with 20%, which reflected the outstanding service we received.

Just returned and will also praise RIL!!

We did RIL in Rome pre-cruise. There was just the 4 of us. We had Vinny as our driver, we were in a roomy well AC'd van. Vinny was great!!! He was so good with my 12 year old son, who lost attention about half way through the tour. Vinny had him interested again in no time! He was our guide and driver until the Vatican where we met up with Sarah, a perfect guide for us, fast and to the point! They are completely felxible, if you want to stop they stop, if you don't, it's up to you. We chose to do more sightseeing and no sit down meal. It was perfect.

My family did the same tour while on the cruise, there were 16 of them. They also had a similar experience. I know they had Julia as their guide and absolutely loved her!! That's all I heard about for days ;)

We also used them in Naples, we did Pompeii with the private guide Lucia, she was amazing! She knew her facts and was exciting to listen to. I think it would be really confusing not to have a guide here. Our drivers were Fabrezio and Rafaele, we had two vans for 16 people. Both were from Sorrento and were wonderful.

We drove to Sorrento, had a fabulous lunch at a restaurant overlooking the coast.We were also able to spend some time shopping here. We stopped in Positano for some more shopping and a walk to the beach and a lemon ice. then drove along the Amalfi coast with stops for viewing and pix, just stunning!! It was a long, but amazing day!

My family also used RIL for Florence/Pisa. I did this pre-cruise for 3 days, so we did not need the tour. They said they had a great day. They even let off some of the group in different places and picked them back up where they wanted to be picked up. Some wnet to the museums, some shopped, some went to Chianti.This way everyone was able to see what they wanted to see.

I also have to add, my daughter is a Hard Rock pin collector. All the drivers stopped at the Hard Rocks, so she could run in and buy a pin! LOL

Thanks to all at Rome in Limo for the amazing tours and kind, knowledgable staff!! It's much appreciated.

Here are a few pix from the tours:

Vinny (in the suit, 100 degress outside) taking us into the Coliseum:

Italy-RomeDay2-TourDay014.jpg

Vinny's van and the kids near the Pantheon:

Italy-RomeDay2-TourDay122.jpg

Lucia (in the hot pink) in Pompeii talking to my parents:

NaplessorrentoPositanotheAmaliCoast.jpg

getting into Rafaele's van in Sorrento:

NaplessorrentoPositanotheAmaliCo-2.jpg

Our amazing lunch spot in Sorrento:

NaplessorrentoPositanotheAmaliCo-1.jpg

Rafaele (in the suit, also very hot outside) and my dad:

NaplessorrentoPositanotheAmaliCo-3.jpg

Edited by SunFunCruiser

Here are a few pix from the tours:

Vinny (in the suit, 100 degress outside) taking us into the Coliseum:

Our amazing lunch spot in Sorrento:

NaplessorrentoPositanotheAmaliCo-1.jpg

Rafaele (in the suit, also very hot outside) and my dad:

This picture makes me miss Sorrento so much! We ate here also, and the view, combined with the delicious lunch, was incredible. Our RIL driver was Carmine in Naples, and he was also outstanding.

This picture makes me miss Sorrento so much! We ate here also, and the view, combined with the delicious lunch, was incredible. Our RIL driver was Carmine in Naples, and he was also outstanding.

Hi,

We'll be using Romeinlimo for our Naples stop.

We've doing Pompeii with guide (hopefully Lucia), Sorrento and Herculaneum.

Do you remember the name of the restaurant that you lunched at?

It looks fabulous.

Thanks,

Mari

Hi,

We'll be using Romeinlimo for our Naples stop.

We've doing Pompeii with guide (hopefully Lucia), Sorrento and Herculaneum.

Do you remember the name of the restaurant that you lunched at?

It looks fabulous.

Thanks,

Mari

Yes, here you go. I'll even add a food picture for you;) BTW, you can ask them to make things that aren't on the menu. The menu was very limited.

NaplessorrentoPositanotheAmaliCo-4.jpg

NaplessorrentoPositanotheAmaliCo-5.jpg

NaplessorrentoPositanotheAmaliCo-6.jpg

Cheryl,

Thanks, for the name of the restaurant and the pictures.

I've written it down in my travel log.

Mari

You might want to mention to Jany that you saw this online and give her the name of the restaurant. At least the day we ate there, it was not open to the public, and the 4 beautiful outdoor tables all had RIL groups, which had been prearranged.

Cheryl, it's funny, I took the same picture with the menu and the food!!

You might want to mention to Jany that you saw this online and give her the name of the restaurant. At least the day we ate there, it was not open to the public, and the 4 beautiful outdoor tables all had RIL groups, which had been prearranged.

Cheryl, it's funny, I took the same picture with the menu and the food!!

lol funny! It was soooo good. Although, I think it was one of the most expensive meals of our trip. lol We ordered a lot. I loved how the waiter cut the fresh mozz right in front of us.

I think it was closed when we were there also. We were the only ones there. I'm guessing the drivers have some arrangement with this restaurant seeing as though they are locals.

Funny how Duman makes his drivers wear a suit and tie in the summer heat! Hahaha!

For Sorrento, my suggestion is to tell your driver if your restaurant priority is a hill-side view looking down, a waterfront view or just the best food.

Also, if you are heading to the Amalfi coast on your itinerary and you can do a late lunch, some people have lunch in Positano which most consider even more scenic than Sorrento.

Edited by Terpnut

Do you remember how much the meal cost? I would recommend it to my family, especially if it is only open to RIL. Portions look just right - unlike our American portions!

We had lunch high above Positano... Raffaelo took us there at my suggestion. We paid 25 euros per person for a huge lunch. It was a highlight of the day.

I like the comment about the famous Jany with Romeinlimo. She IS 12 people I am sure of it! She is never NOT there :D Of course if she ever decides to leave, I would gladly move to Rome and take over.:D I absolutely adored Rome.

I am leaning towards using RIL for Florence, Rome, and Naples on our cruise next summer. Our DD's will be 11 and 9. For those of you with kids around that age, what has your experience been with the drivers and guides keeping them engaged throughout the tour?

Edited by mousemom11

I am leaning towards using RIL for Florence, Rome, and Naples on our cruise next summer. Our DD's will be 11 and 9. For those of you with kids around that age, what has your experience been with the drivers and guides keeping them engaged throughout the tour?

I thought Jany was a man??

We have two kids almost the exact ages as yours. Most drivers and guides will work with you, but it really helps to first know what you want to see and do, and set an itinerary with RIL that is kid-friendly in the first place. They can't read your mind and interests.

As just an example, most people want to see the same old tourist sights in Roma: Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Pantheon, Piazza Navona, St. Peters Basilica, Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, Piazza Venetia, Colisseum, and Forum.

However, to make this itinerary more kid-friendly (and unless they have a unique interest in ancient history or Renaissance/Baroque art), I suggest shortening or eliminating guided tours of the Forum and/or Vatican Museum, and adding the Santa Maria della Concezione (kids will find the Capuccin Crypts and all the body parts fascinating!), the Gallerie/Villa Borghese (a top museum set in a park where they can ride bikes, run around and otherwise blow off steam), Sant' Ignaz_io di Loyola (a church with optical illusions) and/or the Time Elevator (4-D movies of Roma in air conditioning!). Also, if your kids are energetic, consider climbing the cupola of St. Peter's Basilica.

Let me know if you need more suggestions. :)

Edited by Terpnut

Jany's a woman. I actually talked with her on the phone (was skittish about sending my credit card info through an unsecured site). She's very nice and quite helpful.

I would have thought by the name it was a women. My husband talked to her on the phone and said it was a man?? LOL

Edited by SunFunCruiser

I would definitely use Sorrento Silver Star from Naples. They have a web site...Google it. They will work with your interests to plan your day. Ask for their suggestions for children and select what the girls would enjoy. Wonderful to work with. They aim to please, are reliable....nice fleet of vehicles with safe drivers.

We have two kids almost the exact ages as yours. Most drivers and guides will work with you, but it really helps to first know what you want to see and do, and set an itinerary with RIL that is kid-friendly in the first place. They can't read your mind and interests.

As just an example, most people want to see the same old tourist sights in Roma: Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Pantheon, Piazza Navona, St. Peters Basilica, Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, Piazza Venetia, Colisseum, and Forum.

However, to make this itinerary more kid-friendly (and unless they have a unique interest in ancient history or Renaissance/Baroque art), I suggest shortening or eliminating guided tours of the Forum and/or Vatican Museum, and adding the Santa Maria della Concezione (kids will find the Capuccin Crypts and all the body parts fascinating!), the Gallerie/Villa Borghese (a top museum set in a park where they can ride bikes, run around and otherwise blow off steam), Sant' Ignaz_io di Loyola (a church with optical illusions) and/or the Time Elevator (4-D movies of Roma in air conditioning!). Also, if your kids are energetic, consider climbing the cupola of St. Peter's Basilica.

Let me know if you need more suggestions. :)

Thanks very much for those suggestions. Those are the kinds of things that we're looking for. In fact, we were thinking of skipping the Vatican altogether in favor of catacombs. I know the girls would find that much more interesting. Still lots of research to do.

I would definitely use Sorrento Silver Star from Naples. They have a web site...Google it. They will work with your interests to plan your day. Ask for their suggestions for children and select what the girls would enjoy. Wonderful to work with. They aim to please, are reliable....nice fleet of vehicles with safe drivers.

I will definitely look them up. Thanks!