YVR Cruise direct for U.S. passengers

Arwenmark

Has anyone used this plan and if so how did it work for you?

http://www.yvr.ca/guide/around/cruiseinfo/

http://www.yvr.ca/guide/around/embarkation/

Never used it but my employees did last year.

Info that is missing from your links:

Your airline AND your particular flight must participate (some flights do not meet the time lines)

Your cruise line MUST participate

You MUST have cruise line transfers

Returning from Vancouver TO the USA-you will not know about US Direct UNTIL you are on the ship. There is both the transfer fee AND the luggage fee.

greatam,

So how do you know if the flight time line works? I am flying on Air Canada and cruising NCL both of them participate, Direct flight from LAX to YVR it arrives at 9:40 a.m. I didn't see anything there about times. Is there another link or anything that tells more?

greatam,

So how do you know if the flight time line works? I am flying on Air Canada and cruising NCL both of them participate, Direct flight from LAX to YVR it arrives at 9:40 a.m. I didn't see anything there about times. Is there another link or anything that tells more?

You will have to call the cruise line to find out the parameters. It is my understanding that cruise lines all handle US Direct differently (within certain parameters).

I am looking at my info from RCCL at the moment. The policies should be the among all cruiselines.

US Direct requires a flight that arrives at YVR before 2pm the day of departure.

This is the best link for info on US Direct http://www.portmetrovancouver.com/about/cruiseandtourism/usdirectprocess.aspx

According to this Air Canada participates but Norwegian does not, so you won't be able to participate unless NCL has decided to join the program since they updated it with the 2009 info.

NCL is listed as participating as is Air Canada on the YVR website and my plane gets in a 9:30 a.m. so I should be okay. This is one of those places where having to go through a TA gets to be a pain.

Thanks everyone for the info, I also emailed YVR directly they said it should not be a problem even though I am in a Wheel chair.

Archived