Jr Suite question

We have gotten inside rooms on the 2 prior cruises we've taken. On our upcoming cruise (14 days away :D), with all the price cuts, we were able to upgrade to a Jr suite. Can anyone please tell us what we can expect as we've never had one.Happy cruising!

A much larger room. Lots of closet and shelf space. A lounge chair. Go to r royalcaribbean.com. Click on ships. Choose the one you will be traveling on and click on deck plans. That way you can get a look at the room. You can are read about size and things in room.

Nearly forgot...You will get at bathtub with a shower. No more tiny shower.

We just got back from the ExOS Bermuda cruise on Thursday. We've always had balcony cabins, but for this cruise we had our first junior suite (9318).

Here are my observations:

• About 1/3 more space (cabin and balcony)
  • Cabin had sofa and two chairs in sitting area
  • Third chair on balcony.
  • Huge increase in cabinet storage (we didn't use most of them)
  • Walk in closet with lots of shelf storage (this was really nice; we were able to store our luggage in here)
  • Bath tub
  • "Vitality" line bathroom products (shampoo, conditioner, hand lotion, shower gel and a small box with a couple of Q Tips and cotton balls, emery board and shower cap).
  • Priority check in and private debarkation lounge.
  • Sail pass card had "Junior Suite" on it

Let me know if you have any questions.

What a treat! We usually go Oceanview, and look for an upgrade if we can afford it. We're going with a JS this summer to accomodate four in the room (great prices on third and fourth passengers made that possible). I believe you initially asked about service and ammenities: the JS is not officially considered a Suite, so you don't get everything that the higher categories provied, but here's what I've heard recently mentioned here:

1. Robes and Slippers for on board use.

2. Possible Coffee Pot or something

3. Possible Reserved Seating for shows and pool.

The JS is mostly about a better room rather than a lot of higer end service; you will also get:

1. Natural Sunlight

2. The smell of the fresh ocean air

3. Floor to ceiling window

4. A Balcony

5. A Bathtub, unless the room is Handicapped Accessable

6. Room to Move

You will love it, (as long as chocolates on your pillow won't make or break your cruise).:)

We were on a JS on our recent Explorer cruise:

Yes to robes (no slippers)

No coffee pot - but a kettle and teabags

Reserved seating is only for GS and above

You also get an extra cruise credit for sailing in a JS. The Seapass Card is silver (as opposed to Gold for GS and above and white for anything else), but I can't for the life of me see why the colour of a card should make any difference.

We just got back from the ExOS Bermuda cruise on Thursday. We've always had balcony cabins, but for this cruise we had our first junior suite (9318).

Here are my observations:

• About 1/3 more space (cabin and balcony)
  • Cabin had sofa and two chairs in sitting area
  • Third chair on balcony.
  • Huge increase in cabinet storage (we didn't use most of them)
  • Walk in closet with lots of shelf storage (this was really nice; we were able to store our luggage in here)
  • Bath tub
  • "Vitality" line bathroom products (shampoo, conditioner, hand lotion, shower gel and a small box with a couple of Q Tips and cotton balls, emery board and shower cap).
  • Priority check in and private debarkation lounge.
  • Sail pass card had "Junior Suite" on it

Let me know if you have any questions.

We recently sailed on a 5 day cruise on Grandeur of the Seas. All we had was a shampoo disp. on the wall in tub area. How did you get the royal treatment on your cruise with toiletries? We had an aft jr. suite and paid three times as much for our cabin than our tablemates (inside cabins) yet had the same toiletries. I did like the tea kettle though. One of the reasons I went with Jr. suite, instead of balcony, is that I liked the toiletries on Legend a few years earlier. It's "stupid" how the "little things" influence your cruise selection and feelings about your cruise experience. Same cabin, similar itinery, but I have warmer, fuzzier feelings about Legend - chocolates and toiletries. I decided after Grandeur that it wasn't worth the extra "price" to go Jr. suite again - mainly based on the tacky shampoo disp. I may rethink this and ask on the boards if Jr. Suite is offering anything more than extra $$ to print Jr. suite on the sea pass. Attn: Rcl if you ever read these boards, when you pay for a jr. suite, the WOW factor takes on a different meaning when you see a bathroom with a shower/tub and a tacky dispenser. (and it's not very positive) and come on, if a guest is willing to shell out extra $$$, why not toss a few cents worth of chocolate on the pillow Message to person asking about what to expect - ask about your particular ship. Sounds like each ship is different.

We have gotten inside rooms on the 2 prior cruises we've taken. On our upcoming cruise (14 days away :D), with all the price cuts, we were able to upgrade to a Jr suite. Can anyone please tell us what we can expect as we've never had one.Happy cruising!

You will love the Junior Suite. You actually feel like you are in a real room. One of the posters commented on a shampoo dispenser being tacky. Honestly, I've never given the shampoo dispenser a second thought since I bring my own shampoo anyway. But how can a shampoo dispenser be tacky? What would make one not tacky?

Anyway, you will really appreciate the Junior Suite, especially on a long cruise. Enjoy.

We had a JS on the Serenade last year and did not get any toiletries either. Any perks we got were from being Diamond, not from being in a JS. Except for the perk of having all that room.....it was VERY nice, especially since it was a 14 night cruise!

I've got an aft JS booked on the Grandeur in July, so I appreciate the heads up on anyone that reports on their previous experience.

My fear is, with Grandeur being an older ship, the JS experience isn't going to be quite as good as it would be on one of the newer ships.

We got the nicer toiletries in a JS on Explorer last month. We usually travel in a JS but it's £1000 more to book a JS than a D1 on our July cruise on Legend - although the JS cabins are nice they're not £1000 nicer ;)

We got the nicer toiletries in a JS on Explorer last month. We usually travel in a JS but it's £1000 more to book a JS than a D1 on our July cruise on Legend - although the JS cabins are nice they're not £1000 nicer ;)

It all depends on your sailing. I am cruising next month on the Voyager. The D1 is $1399 per person and the JS is $1597 per person. For $198 dollars more per person, the JS is the way to go.

We have had Jr. Suites and I like the extra space. But we had an oceanview and had just as much fun. Just get the best cabin you can afford at that time while allowing room in your budget for everything else you want to do and forget about the "perks". I would never drop an excursion or not go shopping in port just to have a larger cabin. Decide your budget and get the best cabin you can that fits it!

I've got an aft JS booked on the Grandeur in July, so I appreciate the heads up on anyone that reports on their previous experience.

My fear is, with Grandeur being an older ship, the JS experience isn't going to be quite as good as it would be on one of the newer ships.

The one thing is the JS on the Vision class don't usually have the walk in closets like on the newer ships.

Archived