What to Wear - On Sale!

1button

I just received an e-mail from Lands' End & they have a lot of great layering wear for sale if ordered before 5/25. They also have very helpful sizing charts online to assist you!

If you need something, check out the link below & click on Outerwear:

http://www.landsend.com/ix/all-products/Assortments=Memorial-Day-Sale/index.html?seq=1~2&visible=1~1&store=le&merchAsId=369&tab=16

THX for the great tip. I ordered ear warmers for myself and my daughter, and an extra pair of fleece gloves for me too. The ear warmers were on closeout for $9.99 (regularly $25) each, and the gloves half price.

May not need either one in Alaska, but I'd rather have them along and not need them, than be cold and wish like crazy that I had them.

I just received an e-mail from Lands' End & they have a lot of great layering wear for sale if ordered before 5/25. They also have very helpful sizing charts online to assist you!

If you need something, check out the link below & click on Outerwear:

http://www.landsend.com/ix/all-products/Assortments=Memorial-Day-Sale/index.html?seq=1~2&visible=1~1&store=le&merchAsId=369&tab=16

I don't know if I should thank you or send you my bill.:D

Denise

I just received my order yesterday from Lands End. Got my hubby and I each the Weatherly 3 in 1 jacket for our cruise in July. (May not even need it?) The jackets are awesome! One jacket you can wear 3 ways for different temps.

Thanks to those on this site that suggested them! I'm so happy I listened.

I don't know what your plans are but to spend money on something you might have in your closet is your choice. I've never needed more than a sweat shirt and a ski jacket, the jacket I carry on the plane, and tennis shoes plus blue jeans, a hat and gloves. You might need more if going to the north pole. I live on the Gulf Coast where cold is 40 degrees. I do plan to take a rain unit I bought from Sam's Club a few years ago. Have to cut the tags off; never worn. I've got a whale watch reserved at ISP. Yes, there are whale out there but we were too far away to get a "real" experience. If you plan to do the deck walk/jogging track, it can get cool but you'll soon have the warm top tied around your waist. It does rain but it's sometimes just a drizzle. Throw-away ponchos are on sale at most ports. My fifth trip is coming up and I don't mind wearing a pair of black jeans more than once. I've been there the last of May, first of Sept, the last of July and the middle of August. I will add my biggest thrill was the dog camp out of Juneau. Those dogs, mostly mutts rather than the husky flavor, were an exciting adventure. All the dogs were ready to go except Big Ben. He found a nice pool of water until called to order. Have fun and I dearly hope I have not misled you and you get caught in a blizzard. Guess some of you follow the Boy and Girl Scout tradition of "be prepared."

Living in Wisconsin & being a skier, I know I'll make use of what I purchase numerous times! We have a saying here: "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes" Frost warnings late last week & it's 84 degrees here now.

Plus getting 2 fleece pullovers with thermal ratings for ~$35 and free shipping works for me! It was just a suggestion for those who want to be prepared & who didn't want to pay a premium. Different strokes for different folks - just trying to help! :D

Living in Wisconsin & being a skier, I know I'll make use of what I purchase numerous times! We have a saying here: "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes" Frost warnings late last week & it's 84 degrees here now.

Plus getting 2 fleece pullovers with thermal ratings for ~$35 and free shipping works for me! It was just a suggestion for those who want to be prepared & who didn't want to pay a premium. Different strokes for different folks - just trying to help! :D

And I can see you did help. Profuse apologies because you made a wise decision for your life style and climate.

We will be in Seattle for 3 days before our trip to Alaska. We are going mid to late June. I am packing light, but will have layers. Will I need both long sleve and short sleeve shirts?

The total cost for BOTH fleece pullovers was $35.70 & they do have children's wear. I also got hit with tax, but that's because Lands' End is located in Wis. Just make sure that you click on the link that I posted earlier...that way I believe you get the sales price AND the free shipping (2-7 business days).

Don't send me your bill! After booking this trip & all the excursions...oh, AND that new batch of outerwear...I think I'm maxed out! LOL :D

I feel your pain. :D

I swear I'm spending more on excursions than the cruise and we still have to eat

the week we are doing the land portion of the cruise.:eek:

Denise

I hear you! :D

When I told my husband that I was booking the trip, I don't think he understood that it's not quite like the all-inclusive warm weather resorts that we fly to!

He's cruised before (BB - Before Button), but that was when all-inclusive on a ship meant all-inclusive! :p

I live on West Coast of Central FLORIDA, and I despise being cold. Therefore I will happily take things that can help me stay warm, should we encounter chilly weather. If I'm cold, I certainly will not enjoy the spectaclar scenery nearly as much.

Because of where I live, I don't have a closet of cold weather gear! But I do plan to pack things that I can layer, and really try not to overpack.

Bravo to those hardy souls who are comfortable in shorts and a t-shirt in 40 degree weather. Definitely not me! That's why I appreciate tips like this thread provide.

Received my fleece pullovers yesterday - they are perfect! They aren't all like the old heavy fleece jackets, they're lightweight, warm & I can roll them up into a tiny ball for packing. :) Sale & free shipping ends on the 25th!

I just ordered black "Weathery" gloves for DH and myself. Also, could not resist a blackberry colored scarf for me. I went to Sears yesterday and picked up two black "Weatherly" jackets for DH and myself. I am so pleased! Jackets were 34.99 on sale. Gloves 9.99. We live in the Northwest and can always use these items. You will love Alaska!(Our 2nd time!)Happy Sailing!

Ordered my Weatherly 3 in1 jacket, rain coat for my daughter, fleece for my daughter and gloves for myself. I had to pay tax and shipping, I must have done something wrong if other people are not paying paying tax and shipping. I'll let everyone know how they work. Can't wait!

Well, I had to pay tax and shipping, too, but feel like I got a good deal.

The biggest bargain was a 3-in-1 Squall Jacket for DH for $49 - it was half price. And a Weatherly Jacket for me for $29. Plus matching gloves and a scarf, of course.

Thanks for the link, OP!

We just returned from Alaska yesterday! the weather there was great. One day it even got up to 70 this was not the norm for this time of year, I was glad that we had packed clothes for all types of weather. Do take some short sleeve shirts along with your other clothes as we were glad that we did, it got really warm. We only had rain one day but was glad that we had our Lands End rain jackets. This was a really hard cruise to pack for but was glad that we took what we did.

In today's mail, my Lands End Mag came with an insert saying free shipping if orderred before June 4, 2009. So, I just couldn't resist that. I order two pairs of Weatherly gloves. Savings of only $5+ on shipping, but I feel victorious. I can post promo code and pin if everyone thinks this is okay. I don't know all the rules here. DH and I sail Sep 2009 out of YVR with RCI, so I figure I'll need cold weather gear and plan to spray the gloves with waterproofing. Gosh.... ain't all this planning a thrill?

I received my new Waverly 3in 1 coat today from Lands End! It looks great but it is a little big. It seems a little heavy but I can always use it as 2 coats! My daughter also got her coat,it is also a little big. But I'm going to keep it because she can grow into it and you never know it may get cold there and she may have to wear layers under it.

Well, my two pairs of Land's End Weatherly goves came. I'm very dissapointed. They are sort of gauntle style, meaning there is this area of a cuff like someone in a sword fight might find useful. They are way too, too bulky to be squished into coat pockets when not in use. Also, they would take up cubits in my suitcase. LOL. There are three convenient return options. One is I can take back to a Sears store that sells Land's Ends or used their return lable and have $6.95 taken off my credit card or I can send by my own means. I'm going to try the Sear satellite store near me (used to be K-mart) and see if they will take them to avoid the postage charge... The finger lengths were also rather short. I'm tempted to keep them and just wack off the cuff, but then I'd have to stitch up the open seam, which I can do, but don't know if I want to bother. also, they have something like a gortex material, but I dunno. surely they need to be sprayed with waterproofing. The weatherly bomadier hats I bought will have to be sprayed. Also, I will have to lengthen Dh's chin strap with elastic. We live in a warm clime, so these hats will do. Seems the china folks that design and make weatherly products are using small Asians for their models. LOL.. IMO... Just letting folks know. If I chose to return these gloves, I'll have to hope the local stores here will have suitable gortex winter gloves available before my Sep 5th sailing with RCI out of YVR... Just love this planning, planning and more planning.

Archived