Kind of a silly carry-on & liquids question

CandCrew

There is a website that sells a refillable 3-3-1 kit (6, 2-1/2 oz tubes + 4, 1-1/2 tubes + a 1-1/2 pump sprayer). I like the idea that I can take exactly what I use and not have to hunt for trial/smaller sizes, especially since most of what I'm concerned about (moisturizer, cleanser, shampoo, conditioner) aren't easily found in those sizes. My concern is that the tubes in the kit aren't marked with volume. Surely this won't pose a problem will it? It should be obvious to the TSA agents that they're below the 3.5 oz mark right? Or am I setting myself to have some of my items pitched? Has anyone ever used one of these kits? Any + or - on them?

I'm not planning on taking anything but my carryon for the trip (except maybe slipping my formals + shoes in DH's checked garment bag) so packing the liquids in checked baggage isn't really an option.

My concern is that the tubes in the kit aren't marked with volume. Surely this won't pose a problem will it? It should be obvious to the TSA agents that they're below the 3.5 oz mark right?

I travel alot for business. My experience is that while I agree with you, I believe you are giving them too much credit. :D

75% of the TSA people I've met are great people. The other 25%? Not so much.

It should be obvious to the TSA agents that they're below the 3.5 oz mark right?
If they're not marked, you assume a degree of extra risk.

But if they're obviously the right size, you have very good chances of being OK. The only containers that I have had examined for exact size have been small aerosols, which look much bigger than their contents. So the security people examine them to ensure that they are marked as 100 ml.

I like the idea that I can take exactly what I use and not have to hunt for trial/smaller sizes, especially since most of what I'm concerned about (moisturizer, cleanser, shampoo, conditioner) aren't easily found in those sizes. My concern is that the tubes in the kit aren't marked with volume.

Have you tried hunting at Target? The one next to me has a whole aisle of trial size stuff.

Archived