recycling clothing among cc members

Marie, your clothes are beautiful......Never have I been a size 8....I think I jump right into a size 12 (as a child).....My bone structure will never allow me to be that small.

None of my business....but I am glad you finally put a limit on the items of 1 per person....yet, there is still 1 person that no matter what you list, ALWAYS sends you an email. She must have a closet full of what was "your" clothes. I am sure I am not the only one to notice this....maybe to be fair, you should limit the clothes to something like....1 item from me every 4 months or something like that.......I know that if I could wear your size, it would be upsetting to see the same person ALWAYS getting something.....JMO

I understand what you are saying but really the choice of what she gives and to whom is entirely Marie's. There are no rules set forth by CC. If you go back and read through earlier posts (and this thread has been around a long long time) you will see that various people have made their decisions in many different ways. Sadly, some ladies who used to give away their finery with abandon, much like Marie does, stopped doing so when squabbling took over regarding who got what or how many.

Marie, your clothes are beautiful......Never have I been a size 8....I think I jump right into a size 12 (as a child).....My bone structure will never allow me to be that small.

None of my business....but I am glad you finally put a limit on the items of 1 per person....yet, there is still 1 person that no matter what you list, ALWAYS sends you an email. She must have a closet full of what was "your" clothes. I am sure I am not the only one to notice this....maybe to be fair, you should limit the clothes to something like....1 item from me every 4 months or something like that.......I know that if I could wear your size, it would be upsetting to see the same person ALWAYS getting something.....JMO

I guess some just have no scruples.

How come you don't visit us at the other place anymore?:confused:

..I know that if I could wear your size, it would be upsetting to see the same person ALWAYS getting something.....JMO

I guess that as this is my first time up, you are not referring to me:D

But speaking for myself; I do not mind if someone is faster than me. I sat here for a couple of hours this morning in the hopes that I would get something. If someone else does this often, and gets lucky and their perseverance pays off, then I do not begrudge them.

edited to add after I read posts above. how sad that people squabble. perhaps the way that it was done this morning is best, send an email and thank Marie off the board. that way no one knows who got what.

Edited by bowsprit

We have to remember that not everyone is a size 8, so there should be no need to get upset...I'm trying to say it delicately, but can't find a better word for it...sorry...no offense intended. For me personally I don't come to this thread too often because most of the clothing offered offered is too small for me. I'm in the upper average size of 14 and there is not much offered in that size range. Even I have offered larger sizes and have only had a few takers.

So all this to say, I love it when others can enjoy M's beautiful gowns and dresses. I don't begrudge them one bit.

I can't remember who posted that they are interested in handbags. I have some but do not know how to post here. I can email the picture of handbag only and I would like persons interested to send cash to me first because sometimes that is the way I prefer to do it.

Even have shoes that I purchased that I barely wore. My e mail addy is shorfi111@gmail.com if anyone wishes to contact me.

Once again I want to reiterate that I am not trying to offend anyone.

/s

I guess that as this is my first time up, you are not referring to me:D

But speaking for myself; I do not mind if someone is faster than me. I sat here for a couple of hours this morning in the hopes that I would get something. If someone else does this often, and gets lucky and their perseverance pays off, then I do not begrudge them.

edited to add after I read posts above. how sad that people squabble. perhaps the way that it was done this morning is best, send an email and thank Marie off the board. that way no one knows who got what.

My sentiments exactly! Perseverance pays off.

A lot of the time the same people send her emails but that really doesn't mean they were fast enough to get any of the dresses. I know personally I have asked several times and was too late so didn't get them. You just never know how it will go. I, however, was lucky enough to recieve one of Marie's gorgeous dresses today so it is a great day.

I am really sorry you feel that way Arhillbilly, I hope that you are able to get one of Marie's items in the future.

Gerry

Thank you K. I do not have a brother or sister; can you be my sister :)?

Take care

M

Oh my goodness YES!. He call me mom and his mother mommy :rolleyes:. I just love this little kid.

I wish I have his eyes lashes

7990124518_9fb7618418.jpg

Oh, he is absolutely beautiful. I never had children, and I got to be okay with that, but I am so envious of my sisters with their grandchildren - being a great aunt is definitely not the same. You are one lucky lady; I have absolutely no doubt that he is far more precious to you than all your lovely clothes.

Cheers .. Bev

Oh my goodness YES!. He call me mom and his mother mommy :rolleyes:. I just love this little kid.

I wish I have his eyes lashes

7990124518_9fb7618418.jpg

He is a cutie...so handsome, he looks so peaceful asleep there. I love spending time with our grandies but as they live in the country and interstate we never get to see them enough, I would love to see them every week.

Enjoy Maria......as they grow up so quickly these days. xx

A lot of the time the same people send her emails but that really doesn't mean they were fast enough to get any of the dresses.

Gerry

Like me :( Marie said they were gone 5 minutes after she posted so I didn't stand a chance by the time I saw them last night .

Whoever got that black lace one, if it does'nt work out or when your done with it, keep me in mind pleeeeeeeeeeeeze. lol,

Hi Ladies,

All the dresses are gone. I will try to ship them next week.

Have a great evening.

M

Hello, I just found this thread yesterday and I think its wonderful what you ladies do. Marie, your pictures of your cruises are great. I am amazed at the WC...what a dream.

thx

booboo

I haven't read all the post.. there are so many, but I think this is wonderful thing that the OP has started. Here is an idea. On some of the clothing it's to late, but for the new clothing: Sew very small tag where the dress has been. It might be neat to see how much the dressed have traveled. Sisterhood of the Traveling dress. Happy Cruising everyone and you all look beautiful!

Like me :( Marie said they were gone 5 minutes after she posted so I didn't stand a chance by the time I saw them last night .

Whoever got that black lace one, if it does'nt work out or when your done with it, keep me in mind pleeeeeeeeeeeeze. lol,

LOL...I will post more as soon as I shipped all the items I posted last week and yesterday.

A few days ago, I told my husband, I have to have all my shopping ship to my daughter; I do not want the UPS and FedEx men hate me. I am buying new dresses for my next cruise.

M

I do not think that I have (or will have) the dress you are asking about, but if for any reason I can not fit into the dress I have, I will not waste this lovely gesture by Marie, I will post it here so that someone will benefit.

A few days ago, I told my husband, I have to have all my shopping ship to my daughter; I do not want the UPS and FedEx men hate me. I am buying new dresses for my next cruise.

M

Oh do not bother your daughter, I am sure there are a lot of out there that will gladly take direct delivery on your lovely clothes :D

and BTW, I agree with the poster that mentioned your grandchild's flawless skin.

Oh to have skin like that.

Thank you K. I do not have a brother or sister; can you be my sister :)?

Take care

M

Would be honored to be your sister.....:)

Your grandson is absolutely adorable. I will leave the end of this week to head to TX to sit with 6 of my 8, while their mama goes on the road with her truck driving husband. Left to right...Elizabeth age 12, Jalissa & Janessa age 3, me, Leticia age 15, Charlie on left age 7 and Douglas age 4

267509_2038444673734_4136876_n.jpg

:D

LOL...I will post more as soon as I shipped all the items I posted last week and yesterday.

M

lol...they should give you your own private fed ex driver lol ,, amazing what you do...good girl