recycling clothing among cc members

Hi Marie

Thank you Thank You The dresses arrived today and I'm just thrilled. They fit....although I need my "industrial strength" underwear. So it's back to the gym for me to get rid of that pesky couple of pounds. The dresses are lovely and I want to do them justice. I've sent on a money order for the cost of the postage. Thank you again!

Cheers Moira

You are very welcome. Have a wonderful cruise.

Marie

• 3 weeks later...

I have some dresses I would like to pass on to someone who needs them. You can email me at jlgund at hotmail.com if you are interested. I live in Canada, and the mail to the U.S. is slow, so it would probably be best for people cruising at least one or two months in the future.

The first one is made by Betsy & Adam, new with tags, size 20W. I am 5'10" and this was way to short for me, probably would be good for someone around 5'6".

2373013590103928020S500x500Q85.jpg

This one is cocktail length, made from a sparkly, stretchy material. It is size 3X, but fits about like a 20W, and is new with tags.

2838597750103928020S500x500Q85.jpg

This one is a size 20. The bodice is velvet. It comes with a matching shawl. This is too short for me too, but not as bad as the first one.

2077174750103928020S500x500Q85.jpg

The last one is size 22. The bodice and matching jacket are stretch velvet. The underlay of the skirt is a beautiful deep red, and the overlay is black with a flower pattern. You guessed it, too short (I give up)!

2720400900103928020S500x500Q85.jpg

2027524390103928020S500x500Q85.jpg

Anyone out there a size 9 or 9.5?

I have several pairs of almost new dress and casual size 9 and 9.5 shoes. A couple of pairs would be great for dressy evenings on ships, the others are good for every day.

I'll post some pictures if anyone is interested.

Janine

I checked around but didnt see a post about swapping childrens or teen clothes. My son will be 14 for the cruise and he will need to dress more like the adults. I was wondering if anyone had a suit jacket in about a size 16 or 18 boys that they no longer need? I am scoping out thrift stores and clearance racks too!

I have some dresses I would like to pass on to someone who needs them. You can email me at jlgund at hotmail.com if you are interested. I live in Canada, and the mail to the U.S. is slow, so it would probably be best for people cruising at least one or two months in the future.

The first one is made by Betsy & Adam, new with tags, size 20W. I am 5'10" and this was way to short for me, probably would be good for someone around 5'6".

This one is cocktail length, made from a sparkly, stretchy material. It is size 3X, but fits about like a 20W, and is new with tags.

This one is a size 20. The bodice is velvet. It comes with a matching shawl. This is too short for me too, but not as bad as the first one.

The last one is size 22. The bodice and matching jacket are stretch velvet. The underlay of the skirt is a beautiful deep red, and the overlay is black with a flower pattern. You guessed it, too short (I give up)!

Just an update. I only have the last dress remaining, the others have all been spoken for.

**off topic***

Moira,

Since theres no PM feature on here that I know of , I just saw your log on name and we are from the same place:) I just don't live there anymore. Not often you see that name come up!

My parents still live there!

Christine

**on topic **

I have a couple of more formal dresses that need out of my closet that I never wear that I will get some pictures of!

**off topic***

Moira,

Since theres no PM feature on here that I know of , I just saw your log on name and we are from the same place:) I just don't live there anymore. Not often you see that name come up!

My parents still live there!

Christine

**on topic **

I have a couple of more formal dresses that need out of my closet that I never wear that I will get some pictures of!

Hi

I lived in the Valley through Junior High and High School....I've just returned after many years of teaching to retire here. My dad was in the military and my mom was the legal secretary for Mr. Pouss. My sister Kathy has always lived in the Valley with her husband Ken.

Small world isn't it !?!

Moira

Hi

I lived in the Valley through Junior High and High School....I've just returned after many years of teaching to retire here. My dad was in the military and my mom was the legal secretary for Mr. Pouss. My sister Kathy has always lived in the Valley with her husband Ken.

Small world isn't it !?!

Moira

Yes definitely small world! I was born there and left after highschool ( highland 96 ). I was there in May visiting for a few weeks with my children at my parents and they LOVED the beach ( since we live in Colorado and they had never been to it before ). It was beautiful weather the entire time we were there. Great place to retire, as long as you know how to dodge the tons of scooters everywhere in Comox!

I've decided not to take this on my upcoming cruise and have no other use for it, so it's up for grabs.

Size 10

Full length, with a slight train in the back

I'm 5'9" and this is true floor length on me. I wear an 8 or a 10 and this fits beautifully.

The photos are the best I could do. The first one shows the whole skirt. It is a medium/dark grayish blue. There are three layers. The first (bottom) is an icy blue/gray satin. The middle layer is a blue/gray netting, with sequins. The photo shows the sequins as multicolored, but actually they are all silvery/white and just reflect whatever color shines on them. The top layer is a darker gray/blue netting. Washable, hang to dry.

I washed it and the under layer came out wrinkled, so I turned it inside out and wet it down with the showerhead. Then, it hung out smooth.

Any takers? If anyone wants this now, I'll need to know asap as Monday 8/31 will be my last day to be able to mail it out before I sail sail sail away.

skirt.jpg.a0db873069c3c942192cebed556bd8d3.jpg

354311317_skirtlayers.jpg.2ee3ff731c292d7954da113615e44d54.jpg

2080446306_skirtsequins.jpg.8f1c5a726c957d0dcbc8f8f7779e461c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I would like to say that I received the Size 20 velvet dress. It is so lovely, but it is to big for me.

So if anyone would be interested in it, please email me at carol.jankowski @ michigansugar dot com.

I would love to offer it to someone else.

Thanks

Carol

I was shocked to find a thread like this here. You ladies are unbelievably generous. It's amazing.

I have a beautiful black & white formal gown size 12. Once my husband returns from Iraq I'll have him move some things in the basement so I can get to it.

I'm looking for gowns size 6, I'm 5'3.

I was shocked to find a thread like this here. You ladies are unbelievably generous. It's amazing.

I have a beautiful black & white formal gown size 12. Once my husband returns from Iraq I'll have him move some things in the basement so I can get to it.

I'm looking for gowns size 6, I'm 5'3.

Hi Jessa, Welcome to the fashion boards and CC! We started this little "pass it on" thing a few months ago, and the ladies here have been so wonderful and generous. They are an amazing group of ladies. Always ready to help.

First thing...Give your husband our "Thanks" for his service. Drew retired from the USAF, so it's always a priority with us to thank our Veterans!

This is kind of a general post to all the ladies with those very nice gowns you no longer wear....

It's probalby too late this year but next year check with your local school boards about donating your gowns to the high schools for PROM DRESSES.

A few moms in the area started that with their daughters previous prom dresses and bridesmaid dresses and gowns that they no longer wore. This thing has grown to a pretty big operation. They don't charge anything to the girls, just ask for donations to cover costs, if they like..

A nice way to recycle and let some young ladies be a Princess at the ball...

Great idea:)

I have to ask about "LSU" from an a Nebraska writer?? ok, I'm not a football fan, just curious:rolleyes:

What an awesome idea this is! I am wondering if you have any dress items left? We will be cruiseing in Feb. I am 5'-4", but my measurements are really close to yours. My bust is a 34D though. It is really hard getting dresses that fit down bottom and up top. If you do have any please let me know if your still interested in passing them around. Thankx! Tiffany

I have size 22 blue long gown i would like to donate

Darlene

Hello Darstime!

I have just booked my first cruise for my 20th wedding anniversary and I'm already overwhelmed by the cost, and haven't even begun shopping! If there is any chance you still have this gown, I would love to adopt it! Please let me know.

Also, if anyone else has any cruise-wear (formal or otherwise) in 22/24 I would sure appreciate it!

You can also email me at iansnonnie at yahoo dot com

Tina :)

Edited by Neal_and_Tina
adding info

Hello Tina,

I have available the dress listed above. The bodice is velvet and comes with a matching shawl. Stated it was a size 20, but when I tried it on it is WAY to large for me. I would love to send to you if you wish. It is very, very nice dress. I just loved the looks of it when I did have it on. Please just send me email with address if you would like it.

FYI - I am going to post pics of other dresses that I have on the internet this weekend so please take a look at them and if you would like any just ask.

I also sent you an email. Please reply to that.

Carol

Brown Adrian Propel size 16

Jones NY floral 14 runs small

Orange floral size 14

Black sparkly cut tag off so not sure what size, 14/16

Turquoise original size 18 but taken in more like 16

email me at Lisa at cruisedancers dot us

if interested

100_1977.jpg.c469aff4a636b1faa2d5e5e876dcb655.jpg

100_1978.jpg.1e5635b6512ff838078926704990c19c.jpg

100_1979.jpg.aa3e08341b44178911f270e393e426b0.jpg

100_1980.jpg.115ec7ae158461c9588b5e5bddfca32c.jpg

100_1981.jpg.235b6bf62512883fce69f517fb26bd4d.jpg

Edited by cruise dancer
added email address

I've decided not to take this on my upcoming cruise and have no other use for it, so it's up for grabs.

Size 10

Full length, with a slight train in the back

I'm 5'9" and this is true floor length on me. I wear an 8 or a 10 and this fits beautifully.

The photos are the best I could do. The first one shows the whole skirt. It is a medium/dark grayish blue. There are three layers. The first (bottom) is an icy blue/gray satin. The middle layer is a blue/gray netting, with sequins. The photo shows the sequins as multicolored, but actually they are all silvery/white and just reflect whatever color shines on them. The top layer is a darker gray/blue netting. Washable, hang to dry.

I washed it and the under layer came out wrinkled, so I turned it inside out and wet it down with the showerhead. Then, it hung out smooth.

Any takers? If anyone wants this now, I'll need to know asap as Monday 8/31 will be my last day to be able to mail it out before I sail sail sail away.

Hi Amy I just love that skirt! Let me know if it's still available after you get home.

You can email me at lahoban at yahoo

Thanks,Le Ann