June Triumph cruisers

we3k9

so we should be seeing some reviews pretty soon. can't wait.

We leave tomorrow!!!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!!!! :D:D:D

Some of my fellow cruisers are already in New York City tonight doing their pre-cruise night. I'll be there in the morning.

I've got my bonine packed and ready to go! Be back on Thursday with pics.

We leave tomorrow!!!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!!!! :D:D:D

Some of my fellow cruisers are already in New York City tonight doing their pre-cruise night. I'll be there in the morning.

I've got my bonine packed and ready to go! Be back on Thursday with pics.

I hope you have smooth sailing and maybe you wont need that Bonine. ;)

We also are sailing on the 18th. We have 3 generations going and had to work schedules out around school. Weather.com says 17-18 celsius for the Canadian ports (60s). I hope it is warmer than that by a little bit at least. We selected the Canadian cruise so it wouldn't be too hot for the older generation.

This is the first cruise for almost half of our group of 10 and we are all mega excited,

Oh, and my name is not Lisa either - it's Melenie :-)

We are doing the Fundy Coast to Fundy Shore excursion (through shore trips.com and Freedom Tours). Since it's a private tour, we are hoping to be able to time the tide schedules just right. :D

I would love to hear about this tour. I am thinking about booking it, too. It sounds like a really good tour. I can't wait to hear what you think.

Janice

The first sailing is June 7th, not the 6th.. Not that one day matters much :) I'll be on her the 11th.. Wish we could have a review or two, but we'll be getting on when the first sailing is getting off.. oh well :) Better to see first hand than read a review I guess. Although these last weeks are DRAGGING!

I hope to write a review when I get back!

You are so right about the last weeks dragging, now you only have a day until you sail. Have a great cruise. Can't wait to read your review.

Janice

Leaving on the Tiumph June 15th - hope to read some reviews prior - 2 stops Halifax and St. Johns - how many formal nights are there? TIA

hi irishcopper, there is one formal/elegant night on a 5 day, it will be in the capers, but usually w/be on tuesday (full day of sea). we're also on this sailing woohooo monday's almost here, taking train from albany into nyc then a car to the port.. sitting back and relaxing yesssssss lol

the reveiws should be coming in soon. I know the first group of cruisers got off the ship today. Second group got on. anxiously awaiting those reviews. :)

Just got home and have a few things to do before I start writing the review. I didn't take nearly as many pics as we did on the first cruise but still have more then enough. I'll probably post a review (or 2 LOL) later this evening. Thanks to a kind CC member offering us a ride home instead of our flight we're almost 8 hours ahead on time (thanks a ton Michele!!).

what i will be looking for in the reviews is, how was the weather, were the seas rough, how foggy was it. Can you sit out on deck and enjoy the seaside theater movies. What movies were showing. How was the entertainment, who was the cruise director. What temp was the water in the pools, were people swimming? Did you get lobster? What nights are formal nights. Did you take an excursion in port. Did your cell phone work, if so, what provider do you have? How long did it take to board in nyc. Did you park at the pier? Did you carry your own luggage on board or hand it over to a porter? I hope that some of the reviews touch on these topics.

the sea is always rough leaving new york. The weather was cool, but not unreasonable. St. Johns was foggy. Unable to see anything from the ship, entering port. Fog horn every 30 seconds. Swimming pools are cold. Entertainment was average carnival stuff. Elegant night was 2nd to last night. Lobster, yes. Not much happening in st. Johns, halifax was fine. Cell phone service in canada was spotty. No cell service on the ship. Boarding in nyc was efficient. Bring some sweaters, hoodies etc. Still had a blast and, of course, did not want to disembark.

the sea is always rough leaving new york. The weather was cool, but not unreasonable. St. Johns was foggy. Unable to see anything from the ship, entering port. Fog horn every 30 seconds. Swimming pools are cold. Entertainment was average carnival stuff. Elegant night was 2nd to last night. Lobster, yes. Not much happening in st. Johns, halifax was fine. Cell phone service in canada was spotty. No cell service on the ship. Boarding in nyc was efficient. Bring some sweaters, hoodies etc. Still had a blast and, of course, did not want to disembark.

Wow, that was a lot of information in one paragraph. Glad you had a blast. Can't wait to hear more.

Janice

Holy cow batman!! I JUST got off thismorning and unless you were on an invisible ship up there you weren't there this year. Our formal was on the FIRST full day at sea (4 day cruise) and we didn't go to halifax.

Wow, that was a lot of information in one paragraph. Glad you had a blast. Can't wait to hear more.

Janice

I think the first quote person was on a 5 day last year. I'm going to start working on a review to post once I get the pics uploaded.

Holy cow batman!! I JUST got off thismorning and unless you were on an invisible ship up there you weren't there this year. Our formal was on the FIRST full day at sea (4 day cruise) and we didn't go to halifax.

I think the first quote person was on a 5 day last year. I'm going to start working on a review to post once I get the pics uploaded.

Looking forward to reading a real review. :)

Thanks for the information. Glad you enjoyed your cruise.

Dot

Ummm, hellooooooo, this person was not on our cruise. We didn't go to Halifax - LMBO!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Brian is right - Formal Night was Monday, which was the first sea day.

Swimming Pool - mid ship was HEATED. Don't know how. Don't know if it ran off of the hot tub. But the kids spent enough time in it to know it was heated. The Aft Pool and Forward pool was not.

And yes, Saint John was nice.

And Brian and Sherry, you're welcome. :D

I'll have the full review written tomorrow. Brian took pictures of EVERYTHING. From the Prime Rib to the Chocolate Melting Cake. So between the two of us, we'll have it covered.

what I will be looking for in the reviews is, how was the weather, were the seas rough, how foggy was it. Can you sit out on deck and enjoy the seaside theater movies. what movies were showing. how was the entertainment, who was the cruise director. what temp was the water in the pools, were people swimming? Did you get lobster? what nights are formal nights. did you take an excursion in port. did your cell phone work, if so, what provider do you have? how long did it take to board in NYC. Did you park at the pier? did you carry your own luggage on board or hand it over to a porter? I hope that some of the reviews touch on these topics.

OK let's start with weather. It was sunny in NYC but with the breeze as we sailed, it was much more comfortable to be indoors. We had air temps of mid 60's so I didn't spend much time outdoors, though lots of people did (I saw them on my way to and from the Lido deck). Bravely wearing hoodies and towels and robes, they sat and gathered what little sun we had. Weather in St. John started nice but got cloudy and rained just as we set sail. One night it was so cold the Lido party (A Mexican theme) was moved indoors. (Although they did do the hairy chest contest outdoors). It was hazy mostly until yesterday and then the fog got so heavy they had to blow the horn periodically. If you were indoors it wasn't as bad (except in the gym which is right underneath the horn).

Movies I saw advertised--Beverly Hills Chihuahua.

I thought the other entertainment average (I saw the comic and the dancing show on the 1st 2 nights--skipped the magician and 2nd dancing show). The cruise director is Jorge and he is FABULOUS! Funny and charming, he really knows how to work the audience. Go to anything he introduces just to hear him.

Dinner--first full day at sea was formal night and that's when they served lobster. My inlaws ate in the Lido that night and didn't see lobster (not that it wasn't there, but they didn't see it). DH had it and claimed it was very good. I had filet one night and that was also very good. Overall I thought the food well worth the price!

We did not book excursions through the ship--just made our own walking tour. I read about the "inside connection" on here and can recommend it for anyone traveling with those who can't walk uphill real well. Start at the market at the bottom of the hill and take a series of escalators and pedestrian bridges to the City Market at the top of the hill. Great shopping all the way up and you can see the historical sites at the top (park and burial ground). Then you can take a leisurely walk back to the bottom of the hill where the ship awaits.

Cell phone--worked well. We have AT&T and we had coverage until in international waters, then the Cellular At Sea carrier kicks in. Check your plan to see if you will incur international charges for it. We were able to text each other when separated on the ship and that was convenient.

Embarkation is the one area I give low marks. There was a huge line no matter what your cabin number. We easily waited an hour to be called. Once called you had a short wait to get into the ship. (Probably because all the travel agents were leaving as we were entering). I think they were short handed at the desk. There were obvious gaps where extra tellers could have sat. We did park at the pier. Managed a spot right next to the ship and paid $120 to park for the 4 days. We docked one spot over, so DH had to fetch the car and bring it over to us but otherwise that was smooth. (OK, it did take 45 minutes to get through Lincoln tunnel and enter the pier but it's not like we had to drive through all of NYC to get there). We handed our large bags to a porter and they were in our room within 2 hours. Disembarking is really great. If you can carry your bags you don't have to use the service where they take your bags the night before and you have to search through a pile of numbered ones to find your own. Leaving the ship was much easier than entering.

OK, I think that answers your questions. I'm sure there will be more detailed posts coming. Have a great trip!

Connie

Archived