how do i request a large table for dinning

Akchica8616

How do I reguest a 8-10 person dinning table for dinner.... It is just me and my partner going and we wanted to sit at a large table but was never asked during registration which type of table we wanted to be seated at?

Talk to you TA and go from there.It is a crap shoot though. It depends on how many of the larger tables have people who are linked together sitting at them. If there are many grous or large families it will be harder to ger one. Usually though you will be at least at a table for six....

I know for Royal Caribbean we got stuck at a 4 person table and just talked to someone right away in the dining room the minute we got on the boat and was switched to a 6 person table.

does it work the same way for Carnival Pride

How do I reguest a 8-10 person dinning table for dinner.... It is just me and my partner going and we wanted to sit at a large table but was never asked during registration which type of table we wanted to be seated at?

When it's just DH and I cruising (vs. going with out group of friends), we always go to the dining room to check the size/type of table we are assigned (I hate 6 person booths!) and we request a change if necessary and have always gotten something other than a 6 person booth. Have a look at the Capers as soon as you board and go to the dining room where the Maitre'd is taking change requests (usually about 1:30 or 2:00 on embarkation day).

When it's just DH and I cruising (vs. going with out group of friends), we always go to the dining room to check the size/type of table we are assigned (I hate 6 person booths!) and we request a change if necessary and have always gotten something other than a 6 person booth. Have a look at the Capers as soon as you board and go to the dining room where the Maitre'd is taking change requests (usually about 1:30 or 2:00 on embarkation day).

Just curious do you want a smaller or larger group and why?

it is only me and my boyfriend going and would like a larger table to just meet people and have different people to talk to at dinner...

me and my mother went on royal caribbean and we had a 6 person table and we met great people....

it is only me and my boyfriend going and would like a larger table to just meet people and have different people to talk to at dinner...

me and my mother went on royal caribbean and we had a 6 person table and we met great people....

That's fine I just didn't understand the other response because they did not state if they wanted a smaller or larger table. No right or wrong answer just wanted to know why and which they wanted.

Just curious do you want a smaller or larger group and why?

We prefer a larger table (8-10 people), there's lots more interesting conversation, but we will also do a 4 person booth OR a 4 or 6 person table. It's just very strange to sit in a 6 person booth because of the seating situation. One couple sits on one side, another couple sits on the other side, but then the 3rd couple has to sit across from each other, but really close to a stranger, and some of the booths have only one way in, so 2 folks have to move if someone all the way on the inside needs to get out. We would also do a 2 person table if that's what we were originally assigned.

We prefer a larger table (8-10 people), there's lots more interesting conversation, but we will also do a 4 person booth OR a 4 or 6 person table. It's just very strange to sit in a 6 person booth because of the seating situation. One couple sits on one side, another couple sits on the other side, but then the 3rd couple has to sit across from each other, but really close to a stranger, and some of the booths have only one way in, so 2 folks have to move if someone all the way on the inside needs to get out. We would also do a 2 person table if that's what we were originally assigned.

Thanks for responding we have always had a table to ourselves. No matter if we traveled 2, 4, or 6. I guess we were lucky or unlucky if you consider getting seated with really great and interesting people. Again thanks for responding

As soon as you get onboard, go to the dining room and find your table (table # on your S&S card). If it is not the size you want, see the Maitre D' and ask to be changed to a larger table.

If he can't change you to a larger table, maybe he could change you to Anytime Dining instead of Traditional. In Anytime Dining, you go between 5:45 and 9:30 PM and ask for whatever table size you want. They will seat you at a large table every night if that's what you want.

Good luck, and enjoy the Pride! She was our first cruise, and we absolutely LOVED her! :D

I know for Royal Caribbean we got stuck at a 4 person table and just talked to someone right away in the dining room the minute we got on the boat and was switched to a 6 person table.

does it work the same way for Carnival Pride

hi, you're sailing with us! We're having a Cruise Critic meet and greet at 4pm tomorrow on the Poseidon Bar, Lido Deck, Aft. Hope to see you there, there are about 35 of us planning on attending.

check out the roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=838453

Thanks for responding we have always had a table to ourselves. No matter if we traveled 2, 4, or 6. I guess we were lucky or unlucky if you consider getting seated with really great and interesting people. Again thanks for responding

No problem, we have asked to be changed twice, once we were moved from a 6 person booth to a 4 person booth and ended up with 2 girlfriends traveling together who were fun, the other time from a 6 person booth to a large table with some interesting people. But all other times we have been at a large table already (or already traveling with our friends, 28 one time and 33 the other so had our own tables of course).

Archived