Dock or tender

Going on the Legend out of Tampa, I know we tender at Grand Caymen but what about Belize and Roatan?

Anyone know how long it takes to get off the boat? What do I need to take off the boat with me to get back on?:confused:

So many questions so little time!!!

Belize I remember tendering in and speeding thru the water, so we must have anchored out further than usual.

Roatan, only allows one ship to dock a day, so that must be yours? At least that is what we were told in April when we were there on Voyager. You dock. My favorite island. Dont miss seeing it.

Hi! Belize is a tender port, the trip from the ship to the dock is about 15 minutes.

In Roatan, the ship is at the dock.

When leaving the ship, you need to have your Sail & Sign card and picture ID.

The amount of time it takes to leave the ship when tendering varies. If you don't have an excursion booked, I find it's best to wait until they discontinue the tender tickets and then it's much faster to get off the ship. Otherwise, it can get hot and crowded as everyone tries to get off the ship first.

Going on the Legend out of Tampa, I know we tender at Grand Caymen but what about Belize and Roatan?

Anyone know how long it takes to get off the boat? What do I need to take off the boat with me to get back on?:confused:

So many questions so little time!!!

Tender in Grand Cayman and Roatan. Docked in Coz and Belize. In order of stops it was tender , dock, tender,dock. It wasn't too bad getting off the ship to tender. I assume that is what you are talking about. The length of the tender ride varies with the port. Belize is longer than GC, but no more than about 15 minutes or so.

You need to take a driver's license/passport( there is a lot of debate about bringing your passport off the ship) and your Sail and Sign card besides anything you might need for your excursion off the ship.

I

Tender in Grand Cayman and Roatan. Docked in Coz and Belize. In order of stops it was tender , dock, tender,dock. It wasn't too bad getting off the ship to tender. I assume that is what you are talking about. The length of the tender ride varies with the port. Belize is longer than GC, but no more than about 15 minutes or so.

You need to take a driver's license/passport( there is a lot of debate about bringing your passport off the ship) and your Sail and Sign card besides anything you might need for your excursion off the ship.

I

I think you got that backwards. Belize is a long tender ride and Roatan has a dock.

Have never been to Roatan, so I cannot comment on that port. However, Grand Cayman and Belize are tender ports. At Belize we anchored fairly far out. As a matter of fact one could barely see Belize from the ship due to distance and partly due to hazy conditions. We were taken into Belize on smaller speed boats. These boats sped through the water at very high speed. Somewhat of a choppy ride, if I recall correctly. Grand Cayman was a slower ride on boats that seated a fairly large group of people and moved at a slower pace. In GC the tender ride was short, under 5 minutes once on the tender. In B about 15 minutes. Just allow yourself enough time to get back to the ship. Don't wait for that last tender, if you have a choice, as there are always alot of people taking that last tender.

Archived