Voyager of the Seas (RCL) Transatlantic Nov. 29, 09

RobertoWard

RandRinTex: I understand the problem about the airport, I have the same thing going on here. I will be taking a group to the airport on Thanksgiving day all so. What airlines are you fighting out on? We have some on Air France, others on British Air and another on Lufthansa air line, all a different times. I do not know when I will be flying out yet the cruise line gets my flights and normal don't tell me until a few weeks before I depart. If is like past years I will be on a flight that gets me in on the the same day as the cruise departs:(. Oh well its free so what can I say.

Hope to chat more with you before we all depart, looking forward to meeting all of you on the Voyager. If you need any info just ask I have been on the Voyager many, many times and done this crossing every year with the Voyager.

Robertoward (Dale)

Hello everyone, I am pleased to say that I and my partner will also be on this cruise and must say we are looking forward to it.

I'm transgenderd (M to F) and we look forward to meeting many of you and hope to make some new friends along the way.

See you onboard! Should be FUN!!! :D

Stephanie

Hello everyone, I am pleased to say that I and my partner will also be on this cruise and must say we are looking forward to it.

I'm transgenderd (M to F) and we look forward to meeting many of you and hope to make some new friends along the way.

Stephanie

YEEHAW..the group grows better. Soon we'll outnumber the STR8's onboard! :eek:

Hi Stephanie: Its good to have you and your partner join us. It will be a great and fun cruise, we always have a larger group on this cruise. I have made this crossing on the Voyager for many years and have always had a great time. Many of the GLBT will be returning cruisers and the number should be very large. I live in Clear Lake which is just north of Galveston and south of Houston so if I can help you in anyway just let me know.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Robertoward (Dale)

Thanks Roberto, this will be our very first cruise so we are nervous! We look forward to meeting you and everyone else too! :D

By the way this is the Transatlantic sailing out of Barcelona on the 29th November??? (Voyager of the Seas) Hope so as thats the one we are on!

So you know im Scottish my partner is a wee Malteser, and once we arrive at Galveston, its straight to Houston Intl Airport for the Long Flight back to Europe, We have a feeling we are NOT going to want this cruise to ever end! :D

yes this is the right cruise (Nov 29 from Barcelona to Galveston) It will also be nice to meet the two of you. My family heritage is Scottish and I will be waring my kilt on formal nights. Don't be nervous, you will enjoy yourself, you will make a lot of new and good friends on this cruise.

Dale

Hi Stephanie and welcome aboard. We are Robin and Rita going on 15 years together. We live in Texas City which is just across the causeway on the mainland from Galveston Island. We've been fortunate to do several cruises but this will be our first Transatlantic. Never been to Europe. We will be leaving IAH Thanksgiving day, will spend two nights in Barcelona before the cruise. We are a party of eight for now, some lesbian, some gay, some straight. Anyhow I ramble. Please call on us if we can be of any help. Looking forward to meeting everyone in person.

Hi RandRinTex: I see in your last posting that you will be flying out on Thanksgiving, I will be talking a lot of my friends to IAH on the same day. Flying out on British Air, Air France and Lufthansa. They are meeting at my house for an early Thanksgiving then off to the Airport. I am not sure what day I will be flying out most likely on the 28th that normally how the RCL does with my ticket. Looking forward to meeting all of you on the ship.

Robertoward (Dale)

Hi RandRinTex, we look forward to meeting you all too :)

We will be flying in to Barcelona on the 28th via Milan on Lufthansa and will be having a night in Barcelona before we board the ship.

Who knows, maybe we could all meet on the night of the 28th while we are all in Barcelona ? Would be a blast im sure :D

Anyways thankyou for your kind welcome, its good to be around such nice and friendly people :)

• 2 weeks later...

This is turning into an ATLANTIS CRUISE...just cheaper! Can't wait to meet all of you....

Roger and Martin

Did someone say 'White Party?' Add more to the list: Jim and JR from Palm Springs, CA, plus JR's sister, Linda. We'll be found in the Jr. Suite decorated in early third world laundry drying mode--112,000 tons and no guest laundry facilities? We'll have been traveling for 2 weeks when we board the ship, so we'll be airing dirty laundry.

We are looking forward to meeting all of you (y'all?)!

Jim, JR, and Linda

welcome Jim, JR, and Linda: Yes it looks like a great group on board this crossing, but we always have a large group on this cruise every year. It should be also a fun group I know most of them and its party party all the time. Look forward to meet you all.

Partner and I did our vacation in Palm Springs last year and had a great time love it there, we can chat more later. I would like everyone to drop by on departure day at the Sky bar above the pool before we depart Barcelona between 2pm to 4 pm when we have the boat drill. Just drop by and say hi.

Robertoward (Dale)

Hi Jim, Jr., and Linda. Welcome aboard. We will also be "hangin out" the laundry. Only time we ever sent laundry out on a cruise everything came back the same shade of gray. Never again. We're stocking up on rinseables, if there is such a word. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Getting closer and closer.:)

This is turning into an ATLANTIS CRUISE...just cheaper! Can't wait to meet all of you....

Roger and Martin

Did someone say 'White Party?' Add more to the list: Jim and JR from Palm Springs' date=' CA, plus JR's sister, Linda. We'll be found in the Jr. Suite decorated in early third world laundry drying mode--112,000 tons and no guest laundry facilities? We'll have been traveling for 2 weeks when we board the ship, so we'll be airing dirty laundry.

We are looking forward to meeting all of you (y'all?)!

Jim, JR, and Linda[/quote']

I'll bring the GAIN and someone needs to bring the snuggle =):p

Mary and Elaine here, we are now back in USA and making flight arrangements and have booked a place in Barcelona for the nite before we sail. We are doing a 7 day Med. cruise on Celebrity Century which ends in Barcelona prior to the fun transatlantic. I'm envious of Roger and Martin who are now cruising. It sounds like a fun group that will be sailing together and now I know who to get laundry tips from. Welcome aboard Jim JR and Linda.

Stephanie

Stephanie,

Look forward to meeting you. I am also M to F transgendered with my partner. We will have a small group of other TG's and partners.

Melanie

Welcome Melanie and your partner, looking forward to meeting you. There is a great group of people on this cruise a lot who I have cruises with before, like Mary and Elaine (GypsyMary) and Martin and Roger and a larger group who are new. It will be a fun cruise looking forward to Nov.

Robetoward (Dale)

Welcome Melanie and your partner, looking forward to meeting you. There is a great group of people on this cruise a lot who I have cruises with before, like Mary and Elaine (GypsyMary) and Martin and Roger and a larger group who are new. It will be a fun cruise looking forward to Nov.

Robetoward (Dale)

This will be our third TA on the Voyager. We have met before. We hope all of you will give a big warm welcome to a transgendered person who will steal your heart. So Sweet! Michelle is a 30 years old M to F transgendered person who has to use braces on her legs and arms to walk and feed herself due to a disease at birth. Michelle does love to dance and dress for the formal nights in long gowns. Our group this year includes five M to F transgendered persons and 4 partners/friends. Some will be presenting as female 24/7 while others just at night.

Stephanie,

Look forward to meeting you. I am also M to F transgendered with my partner. We will have a small group of other TG's and partners.

Melanie

We look forward to meeting you and the others on this cruise.

Just received the cruise documentation today and im totally estatic and to be honest a bit scared all at the same time.

This is going to be a great 14 days im sure, hope we make a lot of new friends along the way :)

Getting closer and closer. Don't worry Stephanie, it's only natural to be a bit nervous but all will be just fine. My first cruise was on the Voyager's sister ship Rhapsody of the Seas and I'm sure I went around the first few days with my mouth hanging open.

Robin gets sea sick just walking across the floor and FYI we have found a combination that works really good for her. Meclazine (over the counter in Texas), ginger capsules (health food store) and Scopolamine patch (prescription) behind the ear. I fish offshore quite often and use the same if we are battling high seas and works great for me too.

We are going to be in Barcelona a couple of days before embarkation. Not having been there before I think we are going to get a pass for the Hop on Hop off bus and just wander around.

Again, welcome everyone. Looking forward to meeting you in person.

Hey Roberto, Roger, Martin or whomever,

We are trying to determine how we are going to transfer ourselves from the cruise ship to Hobby Airport on Dec. 13 when the cruise is over. In the past we have rented a car from Enterprise and dropped it off at Hobby. Now Enterprise tells us that they are closed on Sundays and they are the only rental car agency on Galveston Island. Any suggestions for a reasonably priced way for us to get to the airport?

Thanks for any help with this.

Mary & Elaine

Archived