Golden Princess to Alaska - need help in cabin choice!

BeckyTX

I am traveling with my parents, who are older, on the June 20th sailing.

I can get an obstructed ocean view on Deck 8 (the Emerald Deck) in category HH (cabins E210 and E212). I am concerned b/c there are above the Princess Theater. Does anyone know if it is a lot of noise? It is also pretty close to the front of the ship.

I could (for the same price) do a guarantee room -- but then my parents and my cabin wouldn't be next to each other, and I like that idea.

I would appreciate any advice! I am new to cruising and cruisecritic!

thanks so much!

This is only my best guess, which I put here since you have no other answers. My best guess is that these cabins wouldn't be all that noisy from the theater. Looking at the Drag it Deck on cruisestateroom.com, you're off to the side and not over the main theater. Also, again my opinion, sound doesn't carry up as much as it does down. I think I wouldn't hesitate to book these cabins.

Personally, I'd rather be a few cabins away from any "travel companions"---it's not like it would be hard to get together, but a few cabins apart gives you a bit more privacy...

As far as the theater goes...unless you plan on going to bed at 10pm, you shouldn't be bothered!

that seems like a really cool website that you mentioned! i didnt pay for it since its just one cruise that i am planning, but i could see why it would be cool for someone who cruises a lot!

that seems like a really cool website that you mentioned! i didnt pay for it since its just one cruise that i am planning, but i could see why it would be cool for someone who cruises a lot!

There's a free version of it, cruisedeckplans.com, but the paid one is only $10 for a "lifetime" membership. I put the "lifetime" in quotes, since I'm not sure whose lifetime they mean. Theirs? Mine? Until their site hosting runs out? Who can tell? :)

Archived