Zip-Lining San Juan - Book on Own?

Has anyone booked the La Marquesa Canopy Tour in San Juan, PR on their own?

We were originally booked through Royal Caribbean but thanks to some itinerary changes, it was cancelled. Now, our itinerary is back to it's original times, and we're debating whether to book this on our own. We are unable to get a reply from RCI re: whether or not they'll add it back.

So has anyone booked it on their own through La Marquesa? Any problems? They said they include transportation and it's cash only, and the price is the same as what we had originally paid through RCI. We're in port from 7am-2pm, and they have a 9am tour and they say it's approx 3 hrs including transportation, so that should leave us plenty of time...

Any thoughts?

We departed from San Juan on the AOS so we tried to book the zip line on our own, but I could never get any satisfactory info from them. They quoted $155 pp for a pick up, that was way more that I thought made sense. We ended up doing a cold walk-up to the Segway tour and they had room, this was possibly the best "excursion" we did of the whole trip.

The Segway tour is in the same building complex as the ferry that takes you across the water to the Bacardis factory.

Has anyone booked the La Marquesa Canopy Tour in San Juan, PR on their own?

We were originally booked through Royal Caribbean but thanks to some itinerary changes, it was cancelled. Now, our itinerary is back to it's original times, and we're debating whether to book this on our own. We are unable to get a reply from RCI re: whether or not they'll add it back.

So has anyone booked it on their own through La Marquesa? Any problems? They said they include transportation and it's cash only, and the price is the same as what we had originally paid through RCI. We're in port from 7am-2pm, and they have a 9am tour and they say it's approx 3 hrs including transportation, so that should leave us plenty of time...

Any thoughts?

We have the same situation. Called RCL twice, and both times was told it will take 2-3 days. I'll give them the holiday weekend, but I am expecting something this week.

You can always book as soon as you get onboard.

I wasn't even given a time estimate - the woman on the phone said she has no way of knowing whether it'll be added back (great answer huh?) and the e-mail I received back from shore excursions just looked like a generic e-mail, that they're working with their tour providers to see which tours they're still able to offer, etc.

B52, would you consider booking with La Marquesa if RCI doesn't add it back soon? I WOULD like to do it, and it seems to be the same price either way... they told me $125 with transportation, and the price is guarateed if we pay cash. I think I'll probably wait a couple days, and then maybe book through the company. Just wondering if anyone would join us though.

This is a copy of the e-mail I got from La Marquesa (yet another generic response! LOL!)

"La Marquesa Original Canopy Tour Facilities are located in La Marquesa Forest reserve in Guaynabo City. We open 7 days of the week, we do tours at 9am,11am and 2pm. Requires reservation 24 hour in advance. You can book by calling at 787-444-0110 or 939-969-1673. The tour itself consist of 14 platforms, 8-10 traverses (horizontal) and 1 rapell(vertical) and goes from 180-300 feet tall. Takes 1 1/2-2 hrs long. Once get to the side, Participants will receive the safety equipment which includes helmet, gloves and arnette, our qualified staff will give directions and will assist you so everybody feel's confortabable and safe all the time. You will be 15 minutes hiking to have access to the 1st platform. Weight limit, no more than 275 pounds or 42" of waist. Childrens of 5 years up can participate. The cost is $125 p/p,includes transportation . To honor this price payment must be in cash. We are 20 minutes away from San Juan.Looking forward to hearing from you.Amiris TorresMarquesa Original Canopy TourGuaynabo PR"

I just wrote them back to confirm that the $125pp includes transportation to and from the port, their cancellation policy, and to check availability for that date at 9am. I'll keep you posted.

Archived