Carnival Conquest -The Drunk Ship Cruise

Texaspepper

1st off...there's NOTHING more I hate then a "Born Again Non-Smoker"!!! It seems that the poster did NOTHING but complain about smoking throughout the post. It is a shame for people to be so rude (I keep in mind non smokers where ever I go and the rules aboard the ship about where you can smoke) when it comes to thinking about others. Remember...smoking is STILL LEGAL!! And, if they paid $1800 for an INSIDE CABIN with a military discount...BOY DID THEY GET THE SHAFT!!! I use my Military discount and can get a 7 day Balcony room for $1400 for my Wife and I (including port fees, taxes and included gratuities). So the poster may want to consider complaining to his TA first!!! Why should anyone expect someone (who they didn't pay for their passage on the cruise) to live up to THEIR standards??? Who do they think they are. If you want to post about a bad cruise, post about the Ship and/or the Cruise Line. Neither can control who books a cruise (or where they come from)!!! Sounds like they may be better off buying their own boat and cruising by themselves!!!

Amen brother! I'm a smoker, and a VERY considerate one. I do not smoke in non-smoking areas, around children, or anywhere someone might consider offensive. I'm tired of smokers being looked down on. It's a choice. MY CHOICE!

I think this couple really, really, really has something wrong with them. I've been on SEVEN cruises so far and every one of them has been amazing in every way possible!!!!

Smokers smoking were NEVER seen anywhere else other than the balcony or in designated rooms!!!!

The beds are very comfortable!!! As for cabin size, Carnival has one of the largest typical cabin of all cruise lines!!!!!

Good grief, this woman sould have styed at home instead and I could have gone in her place...

Amen misguidedangel. . .have cruised Conquest several times and RCL Voyager Of The Seas. . .going on CCL Fantasy 7/6/09 out of New Orleans. . .never met a bed I did not like!:)

I'm back to the fact that the poster wasn't British. MOST Brits, Scots, Irishpeople (didn't want to say just men!) that I've met have almost exclusively praised their US or US based vacations. AND they all are the best bunch of partiers you'd EVER want to meet!!!!!! Obviously this poster wasn't one of them!

So, my advice - If you are cruising and hear that British, Irish, Scottish accent, go and introduce yourself - buy them a drink - I guarantee you, you will have THE best time with our friends from "over the pond".

And in case any of you from "over there" are reading this post, I'll be on the Destiny 8/6/09 and would be happy to buy you your first drink! ;)

As a Texan, I'm a little offended. I might think about boycotting all things Disney because of this person's handle and invite everyone to do the same. Let's see how long it takes Disney to disown her.

I'm back to the fact that the poster wasn't British. MOST Brits, Scots, Irishpeople (didn't want to say just men!) that I've met have almost exclusively praised their US or US based vacations. AND they all are the best bunch of partiers you'd EVER want to meet!!!!!! Obviously this poster wasn't one of them!

So, my advice - If you are cruising and hear that British, Irish, Scottish accent, go and introduce yourself - buy them a drink - I guarantee you, you will have THE best time with our friends from "over the pond".

And in case any of you from "over there" are reading this post, I'll be on the Destiny 8/6/09 and would be happy to buy you your first drink! ;)

Agree. . .buy them a drink!:cool:

I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Regarding the OPs theme, seems people were "gettin up in his grill", from his perspective. I am pretty much a live and let live Texan; if you ain't botherin' me, I won't bother you. So question: When do fellow cruisers cross the line with you? If someone is getting loud out on the lido deck, I could care less, so long as they aren't falling on top of me. Now, if someone is raising hell at 2am on their balcony and I'm next door, that is inconsiderate, IMHO. What say you?

Disney cruise is a very nice cruise, but, there are a few things the poster said that are not accurate. The inside cabins on the Disney ships are 184 sq feet and on Carnival Conquest they are 185 sq. feet so I don't understand the logic that the cabins are smaller on Carnival. I have seen plenty people drunk late at night on the Disney cruises I have been on, so my feeling is the poster had huge, unrealistic expectations, and needs to find another kind of vacation .

Definitely not a Brit. I read this review on the board on Tuesday (I think), and it was just another whiner venting. Being totally bilingual, the spelling was wrong for a Brit.

Now, if they had been on our Conquest cruise in March, when there were ten Texans on board, and the rest of the boat was filled up with the whole State of Arkansas, they might have had had something to bitch about.

I'll take Bubba and Betty Sue any day of the week. They are always a pleasure to be around.

Definitely not a Brit. I read this review on the board on Tuesday (I think), and it was just another whiner venting. Being totally bilingual, the spelling was wrong for a Brit.

Now, if they had been on our Conquest cruise in March, when there were ten Texans on board, and the rest of the boat was filled up with the whole State of Arkansas, they might have had had something to bitch about.

I'll take Bubba and Betty Sue any day of the week. They are always a pleasure to be around.

You got that right!

I read this on the Cruise Critic UK Board. They cruised on the Carnival Conquest a week or so back and left this "Biting British Review" If you're a Texan, before warned might get you steaming at this Brit.:D

Here is the link

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=54965

I have read a very similar review here on these boards in the past few days. Probably the same person, and clearly someone with an agenda. Here is the thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=989912&page=2 it is post number 44

BTW here is the link to the US version of the review: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=54965

As a British citizen I have to respond to this thread. Firstly it is true that the British are a reserved race and when you first visit Texas it can be overwhelming. We are not used to people asking how we are and be genuinely interested in the response. However as soon as we embrace the spirit in which Texans deal with us we have a wonderful experience. Our accents do seem funny to you but in the two weeks that I was in Texas last year I have never been invited to so many BBQs, tailgate events etc. Texans are a welcoming race and that is why we are coming across the pond again this year. If it wasn't for our family ties I would seriously consider settling in Texas.

The comments about the smoking I can understand. I am a smoker but here in the UK you CANNOT smoke anywhere but outside now. It is quite a shock if you go into a smoky environment such as someone's home where they smoke indoors.

Carnival are not widely advertised here in the UK. We are only going on this cruise because our friends in Texas have treated us to it. I have been asking in travel agents and the only brochure I have been able to get is from 2007. Sky television advertises the cruiseline and that appears to be it. Disney cruise lines are very very expensive to book from here.

Maybe the review was written by a genuine person. She/he has the right to discuss the quality of the cruise. However, it is very wrong to make a judgement on the passengers and exceedingly wrong to post, what in my eyes is a racist comment about the people of Texas.

As a British citizen I have to respond to this thread. Firstly it is true that the British are a reserved race and when you first visit Texas it can be overwhelming. We are not used to people asking how we are and be genuinely interested in the response. However as soon as we embrace the spirit in which Texans deal with us we have a wonderful experience. Our accents do seem funny to you but in the two weeks that I was in Texas last year I have never been invited to so many BBQs, tailgate events etc. Texans are a welcoming race and that is why we are coming across the pond again this year. If it wasn't for our family ties I would seriously consider settling in Texas.

The comments about the smoking I can understand. I am a smoker but here in the UK you CANNOT smoke anywhere but outside now. It is quite a shock if you go into a smoky environment such as someone's home where they smoke indoors.

Carnival are not widely advertised here in the UK. We are only going on this cruise because our friends in Texas have treated us to it. I have been asking in travel agents and the only brochure I have been able to get is from 2007. Sky television advertises the cruiseline and that appears to be it. Disney cruise lines are very very expensive to book from here.

Maybe the review was written by a genuine person. She/he has the right to discuss the quality of the cruise. However, it is very wrong to make a judgement on the passengers and exceedingly wrong to post, what in my eyes is a racist comment about the people of Texas.

Thank you Purple...I was looking for an opening to what I was thinking.

In my eyes someone has dropped the ball on leaving this review on the site. I cannot imagine what would happen if someone was upset about the people they were cruising with because of ethnic background.......;)

By the way...If your ever in Tampa, FL. I do a mean BBQ too.....

Well her name is Luv2CMouse and she raves about the Disney cruise line.

I live 30 minutes from Disney and I HATE IT. ABSOLUTELY F'ING HATE DISNEY WORLD AND EVERYTHING THAT GOES WITH IT.

The Disney Magic was anchored next to us in Grand Cayman last week and when their horn went off, instead of doing the typical horn noise, it played "When You Wish Upon a Star".

Gayest thing I've ever heard. I wish Disney would burn down I hate it that much.

I love this post. I've lived in Central FL since 1978 and I've only been to Disney 1 time in the past 25 years. That was because I was forced to go.

Can't stand the place!! Sorrry about the highjack!

Well her name is Luv2CMouse and she raves about the Disney cruise line.

I live 30 minutes from Disney and I HATE IT. ABSOLUTELY F'ING HATE DISNEY WORLD AND EVERYTHING THAT GOES WITH IT.

The Disney Magic was anchored next to us in Grand Cayman last week and when their horn went off, instead of doing the typical horn noise, it played "When You Wish Upon a Star".

Gayest thing I've ever heard. I wish Disney would burn down I hate it that much.

what you said.

Thanks for your kind words! My daughter is Texan born and raised, but has two full bookcases of books by British authors, tons of books about British history, etc. She can name every British Monarch going back hundreds of years. She has studied abroad in London, traveled there for Senior trip instead of the beach, and plans to do her college abroad studies in the UK. She is such an anglophile, I wonder if she was a Brit in a former life!

If it didn't sound so much like a darn troll, I would be highly offended. Just out of curiosity, I did check out a Disney cruise during the same timeframe as my currently booked Carnival cruise. It was $2700 for 2 people in an interior room. Okay, I am paying a whole lot less than that for a balcony on Carnival. Then, checking the itinerary, I like Carnival's stops a lot more. Plus, I can drive to port, saving my airline miles for a future Alaskan cruise. So, why would a Disney cruise be so much better? I dunno.

I guess some people expect cruisers to all be like those seen on the Titanic. As if only the elite snobbish people take cruises... My advice is don't book a good value if you don't want to be around us commoners. For the record, I've never experienced anything like what this person described on any of the cruises I've been on. Yeah, I think the OP is just trying to badmouth Carnival, although I don't know why.

I am offended sometimes by the comments people make about Texans. But you know what? If they don't like us, there are several highways they can take to get on out of here. There are plenty of ports other than Galveston to cruise out of as well. I wasn't born in Texas, but have lived here since I was a toddler. I love my state.

VANESSA

No I wasn't fired from Disney. I wouldn't work there if my life depended on it. Once you've been there a zillion times (not by choice, by force as a kid) you start to hate it. Come live in Central FL and see how they push this place. You get tired of it reeeeeeeal fast.

I wonder why they didn't post their real cabin number?

I also wondered why they did nothing but shop in Grand Cayman. There is awesome diving & snorkeling there.

Wait a minute - Eastern itinerary doesn't go to Grand Cayman or Montego Bay. I don't think this person even went on a cruise.

I thought the review was well written and thought out until the very end with the crack about K-Mart and Texas, etc. That was over the top.

OP is obviously not fitted well with Carnival. I'm sure Celebrity will be more to her liking....except for the scantily clad showgirls......which are part of any sort of "review" for grown ups on a cruise ship.

I find the drunks and morons to be equally irritating....but, they don't ruin my cruise at all. I can ignore anyone. They sure don't stop me from cruising Carnival........I just choose to avoid places where drunks and idjits like to gather.....

Archived