Butchart Gardens with CVS Cruise Victoria Tours

kooljamming

Anyone used CVS Cruise Victoria Tours instead of the ship excursion for Butchart Gardens.

Thanks

I'd be interested in hearing the answer to this too. We were going to do this on our own but were concerned about the short port time so we've booked through the cruise line.

I'm also wondering about the reference on the CVS site to "downtown". Do you have to get to the tour operator somehow or do they come to the port to get you? That might make a big difference.

I'd be interested in hearing the answer to this too. We were going to do this on our own but were concerned about the short port time so we've booked through the cruise line.

I'm also wondering about the reference on the CVS site to "downtown". Do you have to get to the tour operator somehow or do they come to the port to get you? That might make a big difference.

They have transfer available at the port for $7 round trip. I spoke with someone at the company who assured me there would be enough time. I read a lot about them on tripadvisor which is where I do most of my research. If you email them they will provide detail information. For our family of 4, there is a big difference between going with them and the ship. I hope someone can provide some feedback.

So just to clarify, you pay the $7 pp transfer at the port to get to where the excursion begins and then you pay the CVS price? Or does the transfer take you right to the Gardens?

Just wondering because if that's the case, you're only saving a couple of dollars for each person. I thought I saw the CVS price is $49 and the Princess one is $59. I could be mistaken but that's what I thought I saw.

Yes I believe you have to pay the shuttle cost to get downtown and then the tour cost to get out to and back from the Gardens. You're quite right, one really needs to price out both options.

Yes, plus then the tour cost:

Princess Ship Excursion

Adults: 13 and up $69

Children: $49

2 adults 2 kids (10 and 13)

Total $256

CVS Tours

Adults $42 (US$)

Kids 3-12 $18

Kids 13-17 $27

Total $129 plus $28 for the r/t transfer

Even a taxi would be much cheaper for us.

One of the nice parts about booking through CVS is that if you have a full day in port and not just an evening stop, by returning to downtown Victoria after the gardens, you have the opportunity to explore Victoria a little bit before shuttling back to port.

If you take the cruise ship excursion, it will bring you back to the ship at the end of the tour, and if you want to go back to downtown Victoria, you'll have to buy the shuttle anyway (or walk 30++ minutes).

If you're only planning on going to the gardens, then I guess that doesn't matter.

If you are only going to the Gardens, then all you are getting is transportation. It doesn't seem to really matter who you go with. They will just drop you at the entrance. I didn't see any guides with groups actually inside the Gardens. You really don't need one anyhow. Perhaps I am mistaken on this ... ?

What we did was a ship's excursion called "Butchart Gardens, Wine and Chocolate." How can you miss with that combination? Check out our review and pics at http://bully4.us/paccoast.html.

Have a GREAT cruise!

Yes, plus then the tour cost:

Princess Ship Excursion

Adults: 13 and up $69

Children: $49

2 adults 2 kids (10 and 13)

Total $256

CVS Tours

Adults $42 (US$)

Kids 3-12 $18

Kids 13-17 $27

Total $129 plus $28 for the r/t transfer

Even a taxi would be much cheaper for us.

Keep in mind - CVS price includes admission whereas a cab doesn't. Also, per the CVS website, they pick up at the cruise ship terminal (Ogden point) and have a separate shuttle service to the downtown area. I think that is where the confusion is.

Hello,

I pretty much had the same dilema about going to Butchart garden with limited time. I actually posted another question regarding this here.

We are a party of 2 and we have just 6 hrs (6 PM - 11.59 PM) in Victoria. I didnot want to use ship tours as it is around $89 or something with NCL. So I wanted to do it alone. Because of limited time, I wanted to get a cab instead of bus (assuming bus is little slower to take you from Downtown to Butchart gardens). So I am looking at paying for cab (to the place) + $56 admission for both of us + paying for cab (back to the ship dock). Instead if I pay only $84 ($42 USD for the tour), I am all set. Please let me know if I am missing anything here.

I think I will go with the CVS tours. Thanks for the information.

Hello,

I pretty much had the same dilema about going to Butchart garden with limited time. I actually posted another question regarding this here.

We are a party of 2 and we have just 6 hrs (6 PM - 11.59 PM) in Victoria. I didnot want to use ship tours as it is around $89 or something with NCL. So I wanted to do it alone. Because of limited time, I wanted to get a cab instead of bus (assuming bus is little slower to take you from Downtown to Butchart gardens). So I am looking at paying for cab (to the place) + $56 admission for both of us + paying for cab (back to the ship dock). Instead if I pay only $84 ($42 USD for the tour), I am all set. Please let me know if I am missing anything here.

I think I will go with the CVS tours. Thanks for the information.

Go with the CVS tour - the taxi will be about $50 each way, a lot more expensive than taking the $42 tour.

Archived