Transportation help

I don't think any have free service, or if there are ones that do, it's VERY few.

If you stay near the port, you'll pay maybe $10 for a cab in total. Everyone recommends the Holiday Inn and the Intercontinental.

If you stay near the airport (a bit cheaper) the taxi is about $28 and some hotels have shuttles that you pay for.

I stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites right at the airport. The shuttle (sign up the night before with the bellman) runs every hour and is $10/person. It's run by a separate company, not the hotel. I was alone at that hotel so it was much more economical for me to take the $10 shuttle rather than the $28 cab. However if there are three or more in your group, take the cab and you can leave whenever you want.

I don't think any have free service, or if there are ones that do, it's VERY few.

If you stay near the port, you'll pay maybe $10 for a cab in total. Everyone recommends the Holiday Inn and the Intercontinental.

If you stay near the airport (a bit cheaper) the taxi is about $28 and some hotels have shuttles that you pay for.

I stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites right at the airport. The shuttle (sign up the night before with the bellman) runs every hour and is $10/person. It's run by a separate company, not the hotel. I was alone at that hotel so it was much more economical for me to take the $10 shuttle rather than the $28 cab. However if there are three or more in your group, take the cab and you can leave whenever you want.

Might help if you told us whether you are talking about Ft. Lauderdale or Miami :)

Might help if you told us whether you are talking about Ft. Lauderdale or Miami :)

Well..............since the OP needs to get to the port of Miami, I assumed SHE assumed I was talking about Miami.

You show me a $10 taxi from FLL to Miami.

;) :D

Since the OP said either Miami or FLL, I'll answer to FLL.

I've stayed at the Sleep Inn Dania twice in the last 6 months. It's got airport and cruiseport shuttle included in the price. There's a nice Italian restaurant across from it in the little shopping center, and a Walgreen's literally next door on the other side of the parking lot.

Breakfast included, too. Has a gym. Rooms are clean and roomy.

Call choicehotels.com directly if you are over 60, because they have a rate that is not on their web site. Also, check out the prices on expedia, hotels.com, etc.

It is definitely more prudent to just find a good deal at a hotel and not really look into whether or not they have a shuttle to the port. Many hotels that do have shuttles charge about as much as a cab and those that are free you likely could find a nicer hotel for less money. So long as you stay in Miami (if your cruise is out of there) a cab will not be that expensive. Use a website like Hotwire or Priceline and you can snag a good hotel for very cheap. If it happens to have a shuttle that is a bonus; if not you just spring for a cab and can go to the port on your schedule and still save money versus booking a particular hotel because of their shuttle.

Archived